Breezemount Employee Reviews

Brilliant place to work just very badly run
Porter (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 February 2019
We're do you start........

Place is rotten to the core from the bottom to the top
Worked as a porter which started off good but then your out to all hours 12/13 even 14hour shifts all at minium wage even overtime very rarely finish on time forced to take holidays even when agency staff are asked to stay on Management are shocking all about them and not about the workers no chance off progression in the company unless you are hand picked by management because they know you'll work and do it there way. They hate nothing more than people vouching there own opinion. They cut corners at every opportunity possible illegal or legal you choose. Basically
ITS BREEZEMOUNT WAY OR THE HIGHWAY
GLAD I CHOOSE THE HIGHWAY
Pros
Meet brilliant team mates who share same views and work ethic as you
Cons
Long hours no man management poor wage. Accident waiting to happen
Hard work
Porter/ Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Thurrock23 January 2019
As a Porter at Breezemount a lot is expected of you in a small amount of time. It is not unusual to finish hours later then planned by their logistics department.
Pros
Outdoors and independence
Cons
Long days, long hours, hard manual labour, poorly managed
Fast paced but good fun
Porter (Former Employee) –  Birtley, Tyne and Wear22 January 2019
Everyday was different but I used to look forward to going to work it was always overall it was a good day, I learned a lot of life skills as well as qualifications I picked up doing this job eg; portable appliance testing, first aid and basic repairs and engineering, The team was mostly made up of a lot of good people Woking together it was stressful at times but we always had somebody looking out for us, the thing I enjoyed most about the job was getting to work with friends and family and learning everyday.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Stressful
Worse place to work
3.5t Driver (Former Employee) –  Batley3 January 2019
I worked for this company over a year and still didn't have an ounce of respect or of understanding of any personal situation. They expect you to come to work even if your family is in hospital or put you on paternity leave before your baby is even born and don't even pay you for the hours you actually work but when you question it they say your pay is correct when it isn't.

Work ridiculous hours even if you start at 8 in the morning so no good if you have a family and you are on a tight window schedule so you can't deliver an order before the window starts even if the customer is happy to have it early you also have to wait until a minute past the window start time or they will class it as early because of there systems being a few seconds slow and you dont have enough time to do the deliveries either like 10 minutes to deliver a 700kg drop and get to other side of country

The management also look after there own friends by giving them the easier runs and you can be spare a lot and be expected to clean the warehouse which is not in your job description and if you get to go home early they will still have a go at you for not doing so many hours even if you still do 8 that days as they dont pay you until your shift officially starts instead of when you clock in so if you start at 8 but clock in at 7 so you can do your van checks and get to your first drop on time they will not start paying you till 8 so you lose out on a hours pay
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Bad company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire2 January 2019
its not a very good company to work for they break all the laws to get the boxes delivered, there is no heath n safey there, lorrys are not safe drivers VOR them they just put them back on the road dont even repair them
Pros
Cons
all
Stay away
7.5 tonne delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 September 2018
When I started I was told it was easy.........is it F.

Pushed to the limit each and every day ( a couple of 15 hour shifts and the rest 13, but it depends on who is in the office, you might be forced to stay out until all deliveries are done). Rubbish career prospects unless you threaten to sue them.

OK money at £10.50 an hour.

They don't seem to understand that a tacho week on 00:00 Monday morning to 24:00 Sunday night. Because they work Sunday to Saturday so be prepared to get a tonne of infringements.

Trucks are always loaded to the roof and overloaded, bet get told to "take a photo and remind them when you get back".

Paid on the last working day of each month at MIDDAY (don't know what that is about)
Pros
Money i guess
Cons
Too many to list
Worst place I have ever worked
Driver 7.5 (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 September 2018
Yes I know it's multi drop and it's ikea so it's heavy lifting, but management have no regard for the health and wellbeing of staff making the deliveries. Usually only get 15 minutes per drop no matter how big the delivery is. It's impossible to off load a full bedroom suit and take it upstairs in a 15 min window. Or a full kitchen. Usually moving around 3t a day , transport planners and management look after there own friends. if you are agency you will get shafted with the amount of deliveries you have to make. One of the transport supervisors talks to you like you are dirt and you are illetrate. Totally unorganised. The trucks are just about road Worthy and non of the loads are strapped.
Usually 530 or 600am starts and finish when you get back to base empty.
I was given 20 mins to unload about 1ton in the centre of Leeds to a 6th floor flat and get to my next drop in Hull. Obviously I don’t make it in a 1h and 20 got a right rollicking by manager for being late
Pros
2 days a week off usually mid week
Cons
Management that haven't a clue
Shocking work place
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birstall, West Yorkshire14 August 2018
Absolutely shocking place to work over worked and staff never listen no training was given only pro about working there is cheap meals but other than that it’s the worst place to work hours are shocking too warehouse is 4 while 1 maybe 2 in the morning they expect overtime every night
Pros
Cheap meals, nothing else
Cons
Long hours, cocky staff, not enough breaks
no no no warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 August 2018
where to start ...so you never work just 40 hours always around 50 to 60 hours and guess what if you dont do it be prepared to get threatend with your job ....PM supervisor makes everyone life a misery hes so power crazy its unreal hes the biggest problem in that company people in higher managment jobs have no idea what is goin on in the warehouse as they only turn up when somthing goes wrong ...you never get trained but are expected to know what to do there are no real procedures there just do what you can an hope for the best if you get it wrong you get warning....... honestly just stay well away
Pros
Cons
long hours /managment/training/Supervisors
Worst company i worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear26 July 2018
Management and supervisors was not helpful and talked down to staff. Has a really high turnover of staff . Long hours, wagons not loaded property and wagons themselves are not up to the job
Lousy Place to work for
75 Ton Driver (Former Employee) –  Birstall, Leeds21 July 2018
I have worked for Breezemount at Leeds through agencys and found the Transport Office go through Drivers every week due to long days where they try to encourage you to go over tacograph hours and long routes where it is impossible at times to get all drops off.I have worked with some decent Driver Mates but the Transport Office staff are clueless do not work for this company unless desperate for work they treat you like garbage!!!
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Too heavy furniture at times
10 hours on a Saturday is not enough
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Mallusk17 July 2018
Started as a 7.5 driver, deal was 4 x 10 hour shifts covering Saturday and Sunday, if you are lucky you will get one weekend off a month. You are given a different drivers mate each day revolving on a ten day pattern. Cabs are tiny so not alot of room for two men, its along day stuck in a small cab with a guy who normally falls asleep as its usually long runs between jobs. Its a very clinically run business with management hiding upstairs and getting Supervisers to dish the sh8t out.

I came back at 5pm on a Saturday after starting at 6.30am and they wanted me to go back out and do 3 hours work, I said no chance and was dismissed on the spot by a supervisor. ( I then got a letter through the post outlining the interview I had with management prior to my dismissal, this never happened so they tell lies as well )

Its a typical run delivery firm here in N.I, "You are a simple driver and you Vill do Vot Ve Say"

It may suit some people to get days of during the week but unfortunately I like my weekends and its never 4 days on 4 off its 2 on 1 off 3 on 2 off 1 on 1 off etc, hard to plan a life round that bs.

These people are constantly advertising for drivers as they cant keep them, I was quite happy to work my 10 hours each day but its never enough. As I said to my wife if your boss came into your office at 5pm and put 3 hours works down on your desk how would you react?

One last point, on the delivery dockets there is only a postcode and street address, never a town name, pathetic, I pointed this out only to be told it wasn't possible as loads of people had asked
  more... before, not possible????? Says it all - shut up you stupid driver  less
Pros
I cant think of any to be honest
Cons
Having to carry the furniture upstairs on a hot day
Good workplace...
7.5t Driver (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear28 May 2018
In all honesty the job can be easy aswell as been hard, good management from the gateshead branch, decent holidays, aswell as the pay been good for 7.5tn driver.
Pros
Good pay, good holidays
Cons
Bank holidays same rate of pay
very hands on place
Drivers mate / warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 May 2018
every day was different, traveled all over the southwest which was very good. this jobs requires you to be strong and you will have to carry,lift and transport customer products whether it be bedroom furniture or a brand new kitchen.
Asking for too much
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Purfleet, Essex4 May 2018
Long hours, expected over time. Frequent weekend work, heavy manual handing up flats etc for the low wage it is, if you’re looking to work long hours 5-7 days a week this is your job
Pros
Cons
Long hours, weekends
stay away
Porter/Drivers Mate (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom23 April 2018
Company think people our robots and have no life outside of work.Sometimes working 15 and 16 hour shifts.Learned managers dont care about there workers and fact they have families outside of work.Have to book a full week off just to get a saturday and sunday off which is ridiculous considering people have families.Terrible pay for the heavy lifting.Only good thing about the job is seeing the scenery
Pros
there is none
Cons
long hours and not enough weekends off
bad work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
Working at IKEA can be a good job depending on the department. My department was Home-Delivery, which was really the step-child of IKEA. Long constant work, asked to stay passed your hour almost every night with management that hates to show their face.
Poorly managed. Extensive hours with lots of heavy lifting
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim19 April 2018
You'll be required to work from start to finish. Unrealistic routes planning. Work starts at 6.30AM with finish to be often 6-7.30PM
4 days a week. You'll get full weekend off every month.
No extra pay for overtime. Poor holiday entiltment.
They calculate your entiltment pro rata regardless of 40 hours spent
at work every week.
Monthly payments.
Bottom line: Stay away if you have other options.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor benefits, poor managment
High turn over of workforce
Driver (Former Employee) –  Castle Donington, Leicestershire9 April 2018
Very hard work for a driver. Driving from 06.00 till whenever you are finished 4,5,6,7,8,9 pm take your pick. They try and give you extra runs when you get back. Have to deliver flat pack furniture to 20 - 25 destinations daily. Some boxes are incredibly heavy and you are expected to take them wherever the customer wants them. If its up 3 flights of stairs then that's what you are expected to do. You may have over 100 boxes on 1 delivery. I have had 1.5 tonnes on 1 delivery. Nearly impossible to keep to time slots given. Some customers and even their neighbours treat you like dirt. I have never had a job where I had to take so much rubbish from people and then get back to take it from certain managers. They have a good rota where you get 3 days and sometimes 4 days off in a row. Pay not bad at all for a driver but you really earn it.
Pros
good rota good pay
Cons
very hard work long hours
Official response from Breezemount
19 April 2018

I really appreciate your feedback, we are working hard on improving the delivering time slots and every feedback is a good privilege to improve. We know the work on this industry can be hard sometimes but all our job advert mention the difficulty of the job and the heavy lifting involved. One of the reason of 4 days on 3 days off is to give the chance of proper rest for our staff.

Georgiana
Recruitment Coordinator

Porter
Porter (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire6 March 2018
Fantastic staff team.

Meet new people everyday.
Fair and reasonable staff who treat you really well.

Hard work but defiantly a good job.

Only downside is managers sometimes ring you on your day off at 6:40am asking you would you like to come in. (This could also be a positive for some as over time is readily available)
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Unexpected phone calls at 6:40am on days off
Official response from Breezemount
19 April 2018

Dear colleague,

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated. I am happy you enjoy working for Breezemount. I apologies if the morning phone call on your day off was something uncomfortable for you, but as you said we try to give our staff the option of overtime instead of using agency staff.

I wish you long term service with Breezemount.

Georgiana
Recruitment Coordinator

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Breezemount. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3