Bravissimo Employee Reviews

Dreadful company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire26 December 2018
I worked at Bravissimo for just under a year before recently quitting because of the appalling management. The store manager was extremely unprofessional and frequently discussed other members of staff commenting on how useless they were etc... The previous store manager was much better but was apparently pushed out by the area manager because of problems in the store. One member of staff has been promoted despite being completely incompetent, rude and two-faced. The store is very tense and the conflicts between staff are never ending. I was forced to wear (and hence purchase) Bravissimo clothing despite being a UK size 2 - the clothing starts at a size 8 so I looked worse wearing 'uniform' than if I had just worn my actual clothes (regardless of the discount, I don't want to pay for clothes I don't like and that don't fit me!). Uniform should be provided for free if they expect staff to wear it, especially when paying such poor wages. I was also told to answer positively on the Best Companies Survey and my manager was stood next to me downstairs on the tills while I was completing it to check my answers were positive - the company is very concerned with being in the top 100 every year and will take such measures in order to ensure that they place highly. Staff are under constant pressure to meet sales targets and I rarely got lunch breaks at the weekend (working 9-6 on Saturdays I should have had an hour). We had two assistant managers in the time I was there, both of whom quit suddenly because of the management and general staff turnover is ridiculously high. Working there  more... was the most miserable year of my life and it is by far the worst job I've ever had in retail.  less
Pros
50% staff discount (capped up to £150 or £250 depending on the number of hours worked)
Cons
No lunch breaks (which are never reimbursed), management is a joke, pay is far too low for the work, training is poor and staff don't know what they're doing, complaints are not taken seriously by management, expected to wear clothing from the store everyday
productive and fun work place
Retail Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  london12 November 2018
depending on store can be a very fast paste enviroment. customer service is very high standard and is adjusted to suit the needs of the customer.
female base work place which friendley and can make really good friends. lots of benifits as well as rewards. just doesnt pay enough for the level of work expected.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
dont pay enough
The best company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff21 October 2018
IF you want to make best friends and love your job then working for Bravissimo is the best job you will get!

They only ever want to see you progress. The discounts are amazing and you get free bra's too!
Pros
Free Bras
productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 October 2018
i loved working for bravissimo they girls were lovely to work with and the managers were lovely and approchable and the balance of shifts was managble i was never made to feel uncomfortable
Pros
free bras
Cons
small break room
Great support and staff benefits
Customer Advisor and Bra Fitter (Current Employee) –  Cardiff24 July 2018
AMAZING COMPANY TO WORK FOR! This company you feel really appreciated for all your work. Amazing staff benefits include 50% off products, free uniform bras, hamper at christmas, constant rewards for good work!
Working like a family
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 June 2018
A typical day at work is very busy dealing with customers but it is all worth it, the girls feel like family and the customers are so grateful. Management in my store is very good at the moment, very efficient and give you a months worth of rotas in advance.
Pros
The company, The colleagues
Cons
Long Day Hours. Wish worked with Commison
Amazing atmosphere with a brilliant work dynamic
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes31 May 2018
There is a brilliant customer staff relationship in Bravissimo and the staff work well as a team like a small family. Although it can get very busy in the summer everyone pulls together to help one another so the environment is always pleasant. There is always something to do so it is difficult to get bored.
Pros
Manager brings in cakes for everyone when there has been especially busy days.
friendly work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 March 2018
I think bravissimo is friendly because if I needed help everyone in the team would be there to help and support me. It was a real team environment. The pay was very good.
Friendly and supportive work place
Sales Adviser and Fitter (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa2 November 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company. It was a friendly and supportive work place with something new every day. They have a great reputation for a reason and they have been on the Sunday times list for best companies to work for for years, and they deserve it.
Pros
Good perks to the job and the team was often rewarded for their hard work.
Cons
Varying shift pattens and weekends
An amazing place to work
Fitting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 September 2017
I took a part time role here whilst studying at university and it was the best decision I ever made.

The work is varied and interesting and lots of opportunities to be trained in lots of different areas of the store. But the biggest selling point of working for Bravissimo is how much the staff care. They care passionately about their customers but they care equally as passionately about their staff. Managers are willing to listen to you at the drop of a hat and will always make time for you whether its a work or personal matter.

I learnt all of the ins and outs of fashion retail whilst here: tills, shop floor management, window dressing, returns, complaints, stock.

The job was made most enjoyable because of the people I worked with: everyone was always polite, pleasant, well-meaning and kind. There were no office politics or back stabbing because it was such a close knit group of people, more like a family.

Would highly recommend.
Pros
Great benefits (staff discount), management that care about you personally.
Cons
lack of full time contracts
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire11 September 2017
I love my job at Bravissimo and give 100% commitment to the job and company. However the shifts are very long and I'm looking to broaden my horizons and ideally leave customer services behind to find my perfect career role.
Pros
Amazing job and company
Fun friendly environment
Sales/fitting consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds17 August 2017
As a sales and fitting consutant I was in a fun and friendly environment, meeting customers and giving a one-to-one service with each customer. I was held responsible for opening shop and working on the shop floor independently keeping stock available and working on tills, sorting click and collect items.
Pros
Flexible with my life
limited work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire7 August 2017
Growing company, good benefits but unfortunately has lost the culture of a small company therefore work life balance is becoming difficult
Overall a good company to work for
Pros
discounts, pension
Cons
high KPI expectations
Productive environment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire31 May 2017
Very productive environment within a growing company, very future and growth focussed. Culture within the warehouse is growing and each and every colleague feels involved
Very friendly, warming workplace
Fitting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Circus, Greater London1 May 2017
I loved working with the Bravissimo, oxford circus team. All of the girls working here are lovely!
The overall job role is unlike any other retail job.
Although the job is rewarding and fun, customers expectations are extremely high and I feel that the company fail to recognize this.
The role is fully customer orientated, which is great. But because of the flagship store's location in Oxford Circus, the amount of customers and their needs can be overwhelming.

Be aware that although the store is situated in central London, the company does NOT provide the London living wage. This then makes working here and being able to afford the living costs in London (and travel costs) near impossible. (even on full time hours)

However this job is perfect for a young adult living with parents.
Pros
Free uniform bras
Cons
NO LONDON LIVING WAGE. Poor Salary for a specialist role (fitting)
good culture poor management.
Lingerie fitter/Fitting controller (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands4 April 2017
Lovely team, lovely environment, hard work always busy, expect to be kept on your toes. High management turnover. little opportunity to progress as inconsistant management fails to develop anyone.
Great workplace
warehouse processor (Former Employee) –  leamington spa21 March 2017
Great workplace, great working atmosphere, a very clean warehouse. I really liked the period while I worked here and I would recommend it to anyone searching a job in the clothing industry.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham13 January 2017
A really lovely place to work, the management are amazing and are very flexible. The job role is interesting and challenging.
Very Welcoming
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa31 August 2016
Bravissimo was a fun place to work. All of my colleagues were absolute gems, always available if help was needed. No two days are ever the same. Management did an excellent job of seeing to it that I was fully trained on all relevant aspects of the business and were always available if I had queries.
great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  UK9 June 2016
It is a very busy company and although it may seem quite the fitting rooms are very busy. You need to be able towrk under pressure, great comunication skills with all team members are essentialto make sure there is a smooth running daily. The hardest but the best part of the job is the customers as there are unique but can be challenging but you can change people lives with what we do
Pros
hour lunch most days
Cons
very big delivery with not much notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bravissimo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5