Brandon Trust

Brandon Trust Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom84 reviews
Pay not great as support worker with nvq 3 9 .09 can earn 10.16 at the sercice in westbury on severn challengeing behaviour service .not bad staff team .
I was lead support there but injury ment i left .
Salary drop is lot .
31 January 2020
Thank you for your review, and your positive comments about the staff team.

The Recruitment Team
Shifts could be long including sleep ins. Relaxed atmosphere and most staff good to get on with. They try to match you to service users that you have most in common with.
Pros
Couldn't think of any
21 July 2020
Hi, Thank you for your positive review, it's great to read the reasons why you enjoyed working for Brandon. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The recruitment team
One of the worst companies I have ever I experienced working for as a support worker.. Training? what training?

Never fulfilled promises for training, a very unprofessional staff culture, of lies and bullying. Giving shifts they knew were not possible as a non driver (of which they knew) and then blamed me.
Management never seemed to communicate with one another, everything took so long to go through but then if you raised an issue they would "lose" your message.

The service users were lovely, and the staff were a mix of lovely, dedicated people to rude, manipulative people who didn't want to be there and made sure they would take it out on you by making the work place environment awful.

Working for this company has put me off working in the adult care sector for life. Never again.
22 May 2020
Hi, we're disappointed to hear you didn't have a positive experience whilst with Brandon. We encourage you to contact us so we can address your concerns, initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org.

The recruitment team
Not recommended The staff who work in the Home that I worked in were used to doing what they wanted and it was very clicky not a friendly place to work all thrubbish shifts were given to the new people
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Said they pay mileage then didn’t pay milage
19 February 2020
Hi, We do encourage you to share your feedback and can direct you to the best person if you'd like to contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org
Thanks,

The Recruitment Team
Great place to work at. Everyone is really nice, they do extensive training and really help you progress. From my experience management was amazing, always helping you reach higher. The base salary isnt great, but it can be improved by picking up extra shifts and sleep-ins. The possibilities are endless.
5 February 2020
Hi, thanks for your review. It's encouraging to hear how well you're supported through training, carer progression, your team and your manager.
Thanks again!

The Recruitment Team
Worked at Brandon for 3+years in a management position plus support working. Brandon has been supportive throughout my role and has supported my unexpected health needs. Pay is the same as the average but have had two rises and sleep in rate has gone up. Brandon have problems like all other jobs but over the last year Brandon have worked hard to support staff and rectify these problems and you can see the work they have put in and listened to staff and the people we support. Locailty and area managers are supportive and good support regarding health. It can be stressful like any other job, you can't expect no busy time or stress in care. Brandon recognise we have life's outside work and try to make that balance easier.
31 January 2020
Thank you for your positive review. It's great to hear how you have been supported and that you recognise the work being done to listen to staff and the people we support.

The Recruitment Team
Working at brandon trust is very rewarding interests with lots of job satisfaction some good managers and they listen yo you only down fall is no sick pay unless you pay a monthly insurance against sickness im never off sick but would be nice for some security if i was as a part timer the cost of paying for insurance out of my monthly wage is not affordable
19 November 2019
Hi thanks for your review – it’s great to hear your positive comments about your role as a support worker, and about your supportive manager. We have passed on your comments around sick pay and encourage you to attend an upcoming employee roadshow to share your feedback further.

The Recruitment Team
You will be offered a 'choices contract' which we refer to as the 'no choice' contract. They don't offer sick pay, bare minimum holiday allowance (4 wks), statorty mat leave (HR will give you incorrect information) sometimes you can get a good manager/team leader but more often than not there is a common theme of lack of support for employee's, a noticeable blame culture. As I said, a good charity for a good cause but if you want to earn good money, be prepared to for lots of overtime and sleep in shifts - be aware of their over promising and under devilvering - on all departments.
Pros
Flexible(ish) hours
Cons
Under paid, lack of benefits and employee support
12 November 2019
Hi, Thank you for your positive comments about the support we provide. We have noted your comments and the issues you’ve mentioned and are concerned that you feel unsupported. We encourage you to discuss these issues further by contacting us via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Best wishes,

Brandon recruitment team
Other companies pay more!
Lots of paperwork expected from support staff, not enough time with clients

All about paperwork and filling forms.

Not enough weekends off
Pros
Lots of activities you get to attend with people you support
Cons
No sick pay, no bonus’s or pay rise, management don’t care about staff!
10 June 2019
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are concerned by some of the issues you have mentioned and would be more than happy to discuss these with you. Please feel welcome to contact us for a chat; contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org
Many thanks

The Recruitment Team
Positive through & through , a very negative experience with last team leader . Our new replacement boss is fanastic . Clients amazing to work with 😁
Pros
Tip top team work, all working to same goal = Happy Clients 😃
Cons
In need of a pay raise 😑
27 February 2019
Hi, thanks for taking the time to post a review and for your positive comments!

The Recruitment Team
I enjoyed working for Brandon Trust, the pay is good. You get a decent amount of holiday time and the management team are all very approachable. You really can't fault them.
Pros
Pay, conditions, management
Cons
None come to mind
13 November 2018
Hi,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your time working at Brandon. Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to leave a review.

The Recruitment Team
teams are backstabbing gossiping and out for what they can get no team work at all staf want weekends off dont want to share workloads and are selfish management cant do anything as there is such a shortfall of staff if people leave. Word of warning if a service user assaults you (not uncommon) and you go sick you only get statutory sick pay not company sick pay
Pros
as many hours as you want
Cons
low hourly pay rate
-Good to work for.

-Good possibilities of promotion

-Challenging at times

-Lovely co-workers
5 February 2020
Hi, it's great to see all your positive comments here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Thanks again!

The Recruitment Team
great company to work for , training is excellent, every day is different , able to go on activitys with PWS, sick pay and pension scheme available
Pros
training