Brandon Trust Employee Reviews

Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire5 April 2019
Think hard
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cornwall27 March 2019
At first the higher management make you feel welcome and they show support, when your face doesn’t suit them anymore, they try to work you out of a job, and they will do anything to get you out.
I worked for this company as a team leader, and my locality manager was the most unhelpful lady ever, she was not supportive or any kind of help towards me or the house I was over seeing, to me this is bad management and not good practice.
Pros
Cons
You don’t have a life.
2 April 2019

We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive time while working for us. We would like to discuss some of the issues you've mentioned - please feel welcome to contact us, initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Recruitment Team

One of the best jobs I've ever had!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Camborne8 November 2018
I enjoyed working for Brandon Trust, the pay is good. You get a decent amount of holiday time and the management team are all very approachable. You really can't fault them.
Pros
Pay, conditions, management
Cons
None come to mind
13 November 2018

Hi,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your time working at Brandon. Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to leave a review.

great fun to work
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire9 September 2018
A typical day at work consists of getting clients up out of bed and making sure showers are taken before breakfast,then I will take a couple of them out for a drive or even a walk if they are able to,at the end of the day I will cook them a good healthy dinner if the weather is nice we sometimes have a BBQ and sit in the garden area
Pros
Get to take them out for days at farms, parks etc and nice to see they are happy
Cons
long hours but rewarding
11 September 2018

Hi, thank you for your review - it's great to hear that you're enjoying working at Brandon. Thank you for your positive comments.

hard but rewarding job
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cornwall4 September 2018
Started with Brandon trust nearly 7 years ago with no experience in care whatsoever . The team i joined and the management were both very supportive and I was put through my diploma at the earliest opportunity. I stepped up to a team leader role in the last year and while this is challenging there has been great support available.
The team I am with all get on really well and work together to provide the support required.
Supporting people to live their lives they want to is not always easy but I have found it to be incredibly rewarding.
Pros
the people we support
Cons
long, sometimes unsociable hours
11 September 2018

Hi, it's brilliant to see your positive comments and that you've been supported to progress your career, and that you find your role rewarding. Thank you for your review.

Great Company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cornwall4 September 2018
I am currently a Team Leader and have been now for 2 years, worked for Brandon Trust for 10 years and love the values of the company.
My job is the day to day running of a service, I have 8 staff to supervise and support as well as the service user.
All in all i'm very busy (that's the way I like it) and I'm supported by my Locality manager as and when I need her.

OVERALL GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR, SAYS IT ALL I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 10 YEARS!!
11 September 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. Inspiring to hear you've been with Brandon for some time and have been supported to develop in your role. Thank you for your positive comments and for your great work supporting people in Cornwall.

The Recruitment Team

Lovely company to work for
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Somerset, UK4 September 2018
This company truly believes in its values. That of being creative, caring and most of all, offering freedom and choice to the people they support.

If you are looking for a job where every day is different. Then a support worker role is just that. From your usual day of maintaining a household. To all sorts of activities out in the community.

If you are person who wants to offer the very best opportunities for people with learning disabilities and can think outside the box. You will be supported. There are lots of opportunities for development and as there all sort of contracts. enabling you make the role work with your lifestyle.
Pros
Everyday is different
Company to be avoided if you're a good worker
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London2 September 2018
Performance NOT a priority. Many employees are looking to work as little as possible during shifts and pass the time.
Some services have a passive-aggressive culture. Leadership has many flows.

Exceptions are too few to make a real difference.
4 September 2018

Hi, Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you're not having a positive experience while working for us. We are also concerned about the issues you’ve mentioned. We’d be grateful if you could contact us for a chat so we can look into these matters properly. Please do contact us initially at: recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Poor working conditions.
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bodmin19 July 2018
Poor support for the carer.

Unreasonable working hours and conditions.

Lack of support for carer from management.

Unsympathetic to staff needs.

Insufficient staff members for number of residents.
23 July 2018

Hi, thank you for your comments, although it's disappointing to hear you haven't had a good experience. You've raised a number of issues which are obviously concerning and would welcome the opportunity to discuss those with you. Please do contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Awful company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 June 2018
Awful company to work for! Suppose to be supporting disabled people with learning difficulties ect ect. Suppose to be supporting staff to offer training, guidance and reassurance but just brush you off. When you find something hard instead of supporting you or finding a more suited home, they just sack you!
Only in it for themself!
Pros
Care for residents, helpful team colleagues
Cons
the management of how things are dealt with
19 June 2018

Hi, thank you for your review and for your positive comments about your colleagues and the support Brandon provides. We are however concerned by some of the issues you’ve mentioned and would be happy to discuss these with you. We encourage you to contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Fun, supportive, `New team Leader very Pro Active
employee (Current Employee) –  honiton exmouth exeter16 April 2018
A typical day, is supporting the guys to get up and decide what activities they would like to do that day. We have recently booked to go away on holiday which we are all excited about. There is a great support network from management. I love going into work every day its challenging but fun and when I leave I feel I have made a difference. My colleagues are friendly and always supportive as a team we are always looking for new exciting things to introduce in to the tenant's lives, we believe that nothing is impossible. I have been employed by Brandon now for three years and have been offered continued professional development which I have chosen to engage in to develop my knowledge. There are always different things going on in the company and within this company there are opportunities to progress .
Pros
fun, supported
20 April 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It's rewarding to hear that you're having a positive experience working at Brandon!

Do not work here
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Exmouth5 February 2018
Not a nice place to work. Management horrendous, lacking in staff and not enough support for the people supported.
Staff overall lovely people but treated unfairly by people above them, overworked, underpaid and undervalued.
I personally feel like i have had a very negative experience working for this service especially with management not being supportive whilst being pregnant.
There is currently a new manager at the service and it is constantly changing so much that you cannot keep up and never know who to contact. I have been away from the service for a few months now and not one member of management has contacted me.
I feel so let down by this company. I really enjoyed the job itself and the people supported and also my co workers but i definitely would stay away from brandon.
Pros
Staff lovely
Cons
Terrible management and no support from them. you feel like a number.
16 April 2018

Hi, Thank for your review and in particular for your positive comments about your co-workers and the people you supported. We’re saddened to hear you also had some negative experiences when you were at Brandon, and we would be more than happy to discuss those with you. Please feel welcome to contact us for a chat; initially via email at recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Mostly Fantastic
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 January 2018
Little areas need improving but overall fantastic company to work for. I would recommend a career with Brandon Trust. Great career oppertunity. good luck
23 January 2018

Hi, thank you for posting your comments. It's great to hear that you're enjoying working at Brandon.

The Recruitment Team

Did not enjoy my experience
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge6 January 2018
Brandon is a poorly managed company, staff are not supported and all very unprofessional. This caused me to leave after only 3 months work.They are now making it difficult to move on to my next career also.
Pros
nice general staff and clients
Cons
long hours, poor pay
9 January 2018

Hi, thank you for your review, although we're sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience working for us. We're also concerned by the issue you've mentioned around moving on - please feel welcome to contact us if you want to discuss this. You can contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org
The Recruitment Team

Bad management, lacks organisation, old fashioned process
Finance (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol2 November 2017
Low wages with no regular appraisals/ 1-1s. Uneven wages ie lower level jobs having a higher rate of pay than some other skilled jobs and vice versa. Employees have own little groups whisper and gossip a lot. Lacks confidentiality. Poor management, under staffed for workloads with no proper support to employees or to progress.
Overall what the charity stands for is excellent and there services are a credit to the charity.
Cons
Low wages
7 November 2017

Hi, Thanks for your review. We’re sorry to hear that there were some negative aspects during your time with us. We're concerned by some of the issues you've mentioned and would be more than happy to discuss these with you. Please feel welcome to contact us for a chat; contact us initially via email at recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

The Recruitment Team

Not a good company to work for.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Exeter13 October 2017
Management and some Team leaders are awfull. They have their little clique of favourites which they socialize with. Management are obsessed with box ticking, often forcing clients to do things that staff know they have no interest or capacity to do.
The ongoing staff in the supported living homes are fantastic and there's usually a core team that have worked with the clients for years. This does not always seem to be appreciated by Team Leaders and Management.
Pros
Hourly rate quite good.
Cons
No enhancements.
20 October 2017

Hi. Thanks for your review. We’re sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive time while working for us, and are concerned about the issues you’ve mentioned. We’d be grateful if you could contact us for a chat so we can look into these matters properly. Please do contact us initially at: recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Great company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire11 October 2017
Great company to work for very rewarding and enjoyable always very helpful if needed support with anything at all and are Always very helpful if have personal issues that you may need any support with
20 October 2017

Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to post about your positive experience working here
we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time working with us.

Thanks

Great Work Place
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset2 October 2017
Great Company to work for, always looking after their staff, looking for progression above support worker again now. Great opportunity to work in other services across the company.
20 October 2017

Hi, We're really pleased to hear you're enjoying working with us. Many thanks for taking the time to post about your positive about experience.

Thanks

Friendly and supportive
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset4 September 2017
A typical day at work was challenging but very enjoyable. I learnt to support clients on having a very independent life. Management was very supportive. The workplace culture was friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was leaving my clients learning different ways to communicate with new clients and their different needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning then achieving the different ways the clients communicate and getting to know them well.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
can be long hours at times
19 October 2017

Hi, It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Brandon. Thank you for your positive comments.

Recruitment Team

Challenging
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall25 August 2017
Typical day boring
Learned nothing
Management distant and not interested in employee
Workplace culture good team that keeps you sane
Not meeting the needs of client due to budget restrictions
Best bit staff team
Pros
Strong staff team
Cons
Budget restr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brandon Trust. Our community is ready to answer.