Brandon Trust

Brandon Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom80 reviews
Every day is different
Each day is different working for Brandon trust and no 2 days are the same which I love.

There is great carer progression within Brandon trust with the opportunity to work up from support worker to team leader and onwards if this is something that you want to do, I have watched others do this completing diplomas which are offered when probation ends.

There is always new training opportunities with new things coming up online or face to face training where appropriate. Everyone does the care certificate if they are new and this is tailored if you have more experience or qualifications.

Rotas are normally given out at least 4 weeks in advance with opportunities to then pick up extra shifts if you want to.

If you are put to work with someone you don't like then this can be looked at, I have moved about into may different services at my request which gives a variety and different experiences depending on the services which you go into.

The EMT are very involved with lower levels of the organisation and like to hear the view of everyone which I think is really nice. They even gave us a recent increase in sleep in rate which was nice!
Pros
Something new every day
Cons
Long hours and lots of extra shifts - of coarse this is a choice thing
I would not wish to be anywhere else at present!
I have worked for Brandon Trust now for 7 years, and would like to think I would be hear until retiring in about 10 years!!
My 7 year journey started with one of the most relaxed but professional interviews I have ever had. I had an amazing team leader/ mentor whilst going through all the training. I am now a very proud line manager/Team Leader for the company and can honestly say, I would not be here today without support from several Locality Managers, area managers, HR, Learning & Development, colleagues and not to mention my present staff team are truly amazing. The hardest part of the job....pleasing everyone!!!
Highly Recommend
I have worked in social care through agencies for a long time. While I enjoyed my role I felt that no company was offering the full package until I started working shifts at Brandon Trust. I have always been supported by management. They offer Diploma's in health and social that is within your work role as well as numerous E-learning and face to face training. All managers get put on Leadership training which has helped me progress in my career with Brandon Trust.
Pros
work life balance and love my team :)
Brandon trust is a lovely company to work for
I have worked for Brandon trust in Hampshire for 3 years now. I love the house I work in. All the staff are friendly and work together for the same outcome. Management listen to our concerns and try their best to support us. I enjoy going to work, everyday is different, yes it can be challenging but it is also very rewarding.
I would definitely recommend Brandon trust in the Hampshire/Wiltshire area
Never again
One of the worst companies I have ever I experienced working for as a support worker.. Training? what training?

Never fulfilled promises for training, a very unprofessional staff culture, of lies and bullying. Giving shifts they knew were not possible as a non driver (of which they knew) and then blamed me. Management never seemed to communicate with one another, everything took so long to go through but then if you raised an issue they would "lose" your message.

The service users were lovely, and the staff were a mix of lovely, dedicated people to rude, manipulative people who didn't want to be there and made sure they would take it out on you by making the work place environment awful.

Working for this company has put me off working in the adult care sector for life. Never again.
22 May 2020
Hi, we're disappointed to hear you didn't have a positive experience whilst with Brandon. We encourage you to contact us so we can address your concerns, initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org.

The recruitment team
Good till team leader was changed
Was a good job until they changed management and ruined a perfectly ran home all staff left due to one person in team leader. changed the culture of the work place.
1 May 2020
Hi, thank you for your positive comments although its disappointing to hear you had a less than positive experience when there were changes. We do encourage you to contact us so we can look into them, initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org.

The recruitment team
Not the best experience from an Employer
Inner cultures and unfair treatments to staff. Not a good employer to work for. A lot of changes within management and managers lack experience.

Some good training courses and joys of supporting some great characters which is the only bonus working within this organisation.
1 May 2020
Hi, thank you for your positive comments about the work we do, and the training we provide. We would encourage you to contact us about the other points you have raised so they can be looked into properly. Please contact us initially via recuitment.admin@brandontrust.org.

Avoid
Management awful the amount of cover ups lies awful glad to be out of there after many years even during the exit interview telling me I cant say this or that
Pros
People we support
Cons
Brandontrust
25 March 2020
Hi we're sorry to see your review and are concerned about some of the issues you've mentioned. Please contact us so we can look into the issues properly. Please contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

The Recruitment Team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brandon Trust?
Challenging
Brandon is a very busy trust providing care in difficult circumstances. In my experience, new staff did not always have the necessary level of training or support to work effectively. Staff morale was not good and this affected teamwork.
25 March 2020
Hi we're sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience whilst you were with us. If you'd like to send us more detail so we can review, please email recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Avoid at all costs.
Don't expect much from this outfit more interested in ticking boxes. Unsociable hours no incentive to do these hours. Bullying managers with no experience of challenging behaviours.
9 March 2020
Hi we’re concerned by some of the issues you’ve raised in your review and encourage you to contact us so we can look into them properly. Please contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org
Bt
I enjoy working for Company they’re a great company and if you are struggling in any aspects of the job, the support from team leaders right up to HR is amazing, always there to support you through anything.
9 March 2020
Hi thank you for your review – it’s great to see your positive comments and how well you’re supported by immediate colleagues and by our HR team. Thanks again!
Not recommended
Not recommended The staff who work in the Home that I worked in were used to doing what they wanted and it was very clicky not a friendly place to work all thrubbish shifts were given to the new people
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Said they pay mileage then didn’t pay milage
19 February 2020
Hi, We do encourage you to share your feedback and can direct you to the best person if you'd like to contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org
Thanks,

Great place
Great place to work at. Everyone is really nice, they do extensive training and really help you progress. From my experience management was amazing, always helping you reach higher. The base salary isnt great, but it can be improved by picking up extra shifts and sleep-ins. The possibilities are endless.
5 February 2020
Hi, thanks for your review. It's encouraging to hear how well you're supported through training, carer progression, your team and your manager.
Thanks again!

Experience
Good company to work for. Supported well when things don't go to plan and easy to learn from other members of staff. Able to learn the job at your own pace.
5 February 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Great to hear that you had such a positive experience while working for Brandon!
Thanks again

The Recruitment Team
Nice company trainning on point
Pay not great as support worker with nvq 3 9 .09 can earn 10.16 at the sercice in westbury on severn challengeing behaviour service .not bad staff team .
I was lead support there but injury ment i left . Salary drop is lot .
31 January 2020
Thank you for your review, and your positive comments about the staff team.

The Recruitment Team
Need to catch up with NMW for sleep ins.
Mostly good but shifts can be too long resulting in tired staff. Lack of leadership from management but ok if you are happy to work on your own initiative.
31 January 2020
Hi, thanks for your review and positive comments. We do encourage you to share your feedback and can direct you to the best person if you'd like to contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org
Thanks again

Good company
Worked at Brandon for 3+years in a management position plus support working. Brandon has been supportive throughout my role and has supported my unexpected health needs. Pay is the same as the average but have had two rises and sleep in rate has gone up. Brandon have problems like all other jobs but over the last year Brandon have worked hard to support staff and rectify these problems and you can see the work they have put in and listened to staff and the people we support. Locailty and area managers are supportive and good support regarding health. It can be stressful like any other job, you can't expect no busy time or stress in care. Brandon recognise we have life's outside work and try to make that balance easier.
31 January 2020
Thank you for your positive review. It's great to hear how you have been supported and that you recognise the work being done to listen to staff and the people we support.

The Recruitment Team
Good company. Bad management.
In my own opinion i would say that most the reviews about the company are spot on. Managment don't seem to care about the staff that work for them, and this seems the case across all services.
Management seems like they are never wrong. You will get swept under the rug in every situation unless you've got some kind of power.

It's also ironic how the Brandons way of dealing with complaints about management and the company not listening, is to send a default response asking them to get in touch to talk about them not listening!?!
15 January 2020
We're disappointed to see your review, and really do encourage you to discuss your concerns with a colleague in the HR team. If you'd like some advice on who best to speak to please get in touch with us and we can help at recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org

Poor managment and leadership
It is hard to say the company as a whole is a bad place to work. That would not be fair as I worked in services where the team works as good as the finest clock. Unfortunately, I end up in one of the worst services in terms of leadership and management. The new team leader has cero effective communication skills, cero honesty at work and a strong inclination for acting as dictatorship. More unfortunately is to be hit in the face that it is not the team leader, but that dictator sort of attitude comes form someone up the line, locality manger.
As a single mother, with no family closed by to help with childcare, I have to work around my kid needs and time. Flexible hours in the advertising website comes as a good incentive in my situation. Now, NO, they don't give you flexible hours for at least 12 moths after join the trust. They would give me shifts I could not possible work despite the fact I plead to be consider my personal circumstances. I have been therefore pushed into breaching my contract so they could dismiss me.

In my personal experience I have felt discriminated against as a woman and as a single parent.

What is definitely more disappointing is this situation has been overlooked at, and as a new employee I have not rights at all.

My recommendation, please do a good research before join Brandon Trust and the service you are intended to work. The biggest pro: the service users. Hard not to grow fond of them and other support workers with the same mind set, care attitude you have.
10 January 2020
We’re concerned about the issues you’ve mentioned, and we’d be grateful if you could contact us for a chat so these matters can be looked into through the proper channels. Please contact us initially via recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org and we can put you in touch with the appropriate colleague.

The Recruitment Team
Too involved, no support, no team.
Horrendous staff with outdated and prejudice viewpoints and stereotypical residential care attitudes, fear of change and lack of support and encouragement from day one. Some keratinous individuals. I feel sorry for those residents who are card for.
31 December 2019
The safety and wellbeing of the people we support is our absolute priority. Please can you contact us at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the matters you have raised and so we can look into this appropriately. You can do this by calling our head office on 0117 907 7200 or emailing feedback@brandontrust.org

Poor management
Off site managers that don't ever work hands on with the people supported, making decisions about how best to support people and making unrealistic life choices for support staff to implement with the people supported.
10 December 2019
Thank you for your comments. We’d be grateful if you could contact us for a chat so we can look into these matters. Please contact us initially at: recruitment.admin@brandontrust.org