Brakes Group Employee Review

View all Brakes Group reviews

Good decent salary
Driver class 2 (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire22 September 2019
The pay is good; however the route planning leaves a lot to be desired. Some routes are impossible while others are so easy you feel like your stealing your wages; other routes overlap and even two drivers deliver to the same location at the same time. The job is made even more difficult with poorly maintained trucks which should not be on the road as they are over 10 years old and maltreated. Would also be nice if the way in which the trucks were loaded took the driver into consideration, warehouse staff seem to be hiding tiny boxes under larger boxes for fun and turning labels on boxes the other way so that the driver cannot see them and must remove other items just to reach it. There is no accountability for this and if the management were to investigate these issues Brakes would be a well-oiled machine with happy customers, drivers and staff in general.
Official response from Brakes Group
11 October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are working hard to improve routing and planning and appreciate all feedback that help us to improve. We are also waiting on a new fleet coming soon! Our warehouse colleagues also have a tough job and work tirelessly - they certainly wouldn't make things more difficult for fun - they don't have time. We are investing heavily into our warehouse management systems which will help reduce any issues and we are excited about being a more 'well-oiled machine' in the future.

Other Brakes Group Employee Reviews

Management great
HGV Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Surrey29 October 2019
High turn over of drivers. High pressure environment.
Lots of coast driving. Same amount of drops if your local! Some staff looked after more.
Trucks are old.
Pros
Helpfull
Cons
Family enviroment
DSM (Current Employee) –  Egham, Surrey28 October 2019
Fleet issues
Distribution issues
Daily basis ensuring fleet is roadworthy and compliant.
Dealing with internal and external customers
fullfilling days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brakes Group. Our community is ready to answer.