Brakes Group

Brakes Group Employee Review

View all Brakes Group reviews

Great Place to work
Telesales (Current Employee) –  Deeside2 December 2019
From the moment I walked in I had a great introduction. Very friendly trainer and very welcoming team. Training was in-depth with plenty of time to learn at my pace. The trainer was always checking in with us to make sure I felt comfortable. Once out of training we were welcomed into my new team. There is lots of fun in the office. Loads of games and incentives. There are targets to hit but I expected that as it’s a telesales job. My manager is very supportive and has regular catch-up and 121s. I was hesitant after reading the reviews on here but I’m glad I took the leap and joined. Loads of perks here like staff discount and loads of food samples.

All in all, I feel valued here as an employee.

My only criticism is the lack of training facilities. No training room and a little cramped.
Official response from Brakes Group
6 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The key to our business is our commitment to not only customers, but to our colleagues too. Activating the power of our people through great inductions and on-going training is one of our core priorities, it’s great to see that this is translating into our induction process and being felt immediately when you start a career with Brakes. We strive to provide an environment where our colleagues feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected and we’re glad that you feel this way! 

Other Brakes Group Employee Reviews

Family atmosphere and great management
Resourcing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Home Based20 January 2020
I have worked for Brakes for the last 6 and a half years. I came from the customer care world and I now work in resourcing and can honestly say that there is progression through the company if that's what you really want and work hard for it. Management have always been very supportive of my decisions and have supported me through a divorce and through mental health issues. I could not have asked for better support. As long as you communicate with them and are completely honest then they will do what they can to help. I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Dont come to brakes
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire15 January 2020
The management in this depot is non existence doesn't no how to deel with staff his way or your out.nk management skills and surrounds himself with yes men
Pros
Cons
No work life balance
Official response from Brakes Group
20 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience working at Brakes. We are committed to providing a healthy, safe and respectful working environment for all of our colleagues and encourage open and inclusive management styles. Please email resourcing@brake.co.uk if you would like to share further feedback for us to investigate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brakes Group. Our community is ready to answer.