Brakes Group Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Brakes Group selected this as a representative review
A good company to work for
Trainee hgv driver (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire20 May 2019
I have worked at brakes in Warrington for the past 5 and a half years, the first couple of years where difficult as the Warrington depot was brand new and had to accommodate 3 separate local depots under one roof. These days however the depot is thriving, and their is a really good atmosphere amongst employees. The salaries are more than competitive & the possibility of personal progression is definitely their. At the moment myself & 5 of my colleagues are being put through our hgv licences by the company to become drivers and on completion will receive around a £8500 pa pay rise. If you have a good attitude towards work the rewards are their within this company.
Pros
Good salary, progression opportunities, good canteen, good people
Cons
Too many Man Utd fans 😁
Not good
Reach Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire7 January 2018
Contract means nothing you have to work the hours they
want even overtime isn't really an option.....................
Good working conditions friendly environment
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex6 March 2017
Good working conditions friendly environment got on well with everybody that work there every day was doing something different. In-house training even though I have my reach and counterbalance forklift license
Pros
Hot food on site
Cons
Was very far for me to commute into work
interesting and challenging
production operative/high reach truck driver (Current Employee) –  grantham12 August 2015
ensuring all products are picked correctly at a standard for customers,protective clothing is worn in the right departments,replenishing the shelves for other colleagues to pick and pack,i personally get on well with all my co workers and the management.
I have learned a great deal while im working here including being trained on different machinery passing my test on the reach truck,being trained to work in minus conditions helping other colleagues when they are in need having to deal in paperwork.
The hardest part of my job is meeting the needs and demands of customers but succeeding.
Pros
staff shop