Brakes Group

Brakes Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom473 reviews
Featured review
Brakes Group selected this as a representative review
I have worked at brakes in Warrington for the past 5 and a half years, the first couple of years where difficult as the Warrington depot was brand new and had to accommodate 3 separate local depots under one roof. These days however the depot is thriving, and their is a really good atmosphere amongst employees. The salaries are more than competitive & the possibility of personal progression is definitely their. At the moment myself & 5 of my colleagues are being put through our hgv licences by the company to become drivers and on completion will receive around a £8500 pa pay rise. If you have a good attitude towards work the rewards are their within this company.
Pros
Good salary, progression opportunities, good canteen, good people
Cons
Too many Man Utd fans 😁
22 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with us. Good luck with getting your HGV licence – we’ll see you out on the road soon! If you’d like to provide further feedback please email me at resourcing@brake.co.uk
If you don’t ever want to be at home or see your family then this is the perfect job for you, with anything up to 2 hours overtime everyday, and bullying and harassment From management if you dare say no to doing it!
The job in itself is actually quite easy but down to poor management who haven’t got a clue what they are doing and next to no equipment to use makes it difficult.
Pros
The wage, when they get it right!!
Cons
Expected to do overtime everyday regardless of your wellbeing or home life!
The call centre is treated very differently to the rest of the company. Not very flexible. Only interested in number of calls answered in the quickest time.
Too hard ... !!!
Too heavy ... !!!

Too many surprises every morning !

Your words doesn't matter !!!...

Fliss "know" everything in this place !!!

Mates very friendly.

You feel there like in the police station for deposition after crime offences...
Pros
Only money !!!
Cons
Too heavy hand work !!!
Often late loading with unachievable targets.The quality of the managers varies drastically depending on which depot you work from. Read your contract carefully!!!
Pros
Early start
Cons
Will often start the day knowing you cannot complete your route.
It was a great place as everyone got along and supported each other

I had gained qualifications

Everyone was taken as they was there culture

Nothing was hard as it was all a fairly great pace to work

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people
I was at that time.the last agency worker there, due to the C19 outbreak and me having a cough of unknown source I was surplus to requirements. I am unsure if i would have been there had this not happened. In general it is a good place to work and in general I felt they had my wellbeing in check.
Former class 2 multidrop driver.
Between 15 - 20 drops per day the back was never in order to accommodate your drop order! If you slog your guts out and get finished for a decent time they'll ring you to go help someone out! Frozen section you haft to pick yourself! Never any access to get in to do your deliveries. Don't listen to the BS they tell u at the induction! It's an awful place!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No home life
The management have no idea what there doing, and the entire environment feels toxic. There pick rates are stupid to keep up with and your finish time is an estimate, unless your managers favourites then you can leave, otherwise be prepared to work extra 2/3 hours a day
3 July 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time working with Brakes
I have enjoyed working here for over 6 years and have made some friends for life great banter but all get on with the job which is what it’s all about .. pay is decent and overall I’d recommend this place to anyone though the shifts can be not for everyone..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hrs not ideal for a family person
3 July 2020
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with Brakes and that you have made friends of your colleagues - it certainly makes work easier and more enjoyable :-)
Learn new skills and keep fit at the same time, while meeting new people.
Develop your own personal skills to become an asset to the company, good competitive rates of pay.
3 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're pleased to hear you are enjoying your time at Brakes!
I have enjoyed working with customers in a fast paced environment. There is a strong sense of family within teams and managers provide a good support network.
3 July 2020
Thank you for writing a thoughtful review. We are glad that you have experienced great team work and supportive managers - having a culture that matches our values and creates the best working environment for our colleagues is very important to us!
Have 14 years of experience on warehouse job and like to find a job similar,love my job only need to change because they need to cut some jobs on this difficult time of covid 19
3 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really wish Covid-19 hadn't led us here. Make sure you speak with your line manager or HR - we have a lot of outplacement support available with advice and guidance to help you secure new employment. We will do all we can to support you through this challenging time.
hard work grafting always /long hours stressful/never got the rewards u worked for always going round in circles management never help u out no one to one
Pros
Cons
management terrible
22 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It can be hard work and is certainly a challenge. We acknowledge that this isn't the right job for everyone, and we offer a very competitive total rewards package to reflect this.
Varied role customer contact from food presentation days to customer site visits or customer meetings, the culture was that of business partner rather than sales person, and working to expand menu operations and profitability
Hardest part of the job was getting all parties oin the same page for a date to meet when cross references so many parts of the business to bring together a perfect solution for the customer.

Most enjoyable part was the outcome and seeing how customers benefited from a professional company offering such an in-depth action plan to create success
Pros
Great workplace atmosphere and colleagues, fair pay and holidays
22 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoy your role and especially helping our customers achieve success!
I really loved my job, but sadly am being made redundant because of Covid-19. Worked there only three months. So this review is based upon that time scale
22 June 2020
Is an amazing place for work where you will get help from management if you don't know something and is a really peaceful environment. And beside that you have plenty of opportunities for your career
22 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we're really pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us and have experienced a great working environment!
i loved working for Brakes, such an amazing company to work for. They look after you very well, constantly innovative. You get to sample all of the new food, existing food.
Pros
Car, phone, good salary
Cons
travel sometimes
22 June 2020
Thank you for your kind review! We work hard to look after all of our colleagues and we're pleased to hear that you experienced this
If your not scared of hard work Brakes is for you, head down and get on with it attitude will see you through most days.
Good wages

Excellent benefits

Some days can be very challenging and long hours

On the flip side this evens out over a period as short easy days come along just as often
3 June 2020
Many thanks for sharing your views and taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Brakes. It can be hard work, but we are pleased to hear that you have a good balance. Thanks for your hard work!
A good company led by bad egotistical managers more interested in doing nothing and taking liberties with staff,a friend code seems to operate ,and a culture of informing managers of minor indiscretions so as to move forward,if you have an opinion on a matter you are totally ignored,sickness and absence policies are a joke,so basically until they sort out the middle management dont bother
antteam leaders i
3 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience working at Brakes. We work hard to ensure that we have a respectful culture at Brakes and are sorry that you feel you didn't experience this. Our sickness and absence policies are extremely fair and sick pay allowance is very competitive within the industry.
It’s a very hard and fast paced work environment full of characters some members of staff are more helpful than others but there’s a good bunch of people there.
3 June 2020
Thank you for your review! The work can be challenging and it certainly can get busy, but we're pleased to hear that you enjoy working with your colleagues - we do have great people in our business :-)