Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Review

Horrible work environment

16 May 2016
I worked within the HR department and have never experienced a worse working environment in my career. Zero training or engagement from any management. On day one I was shown to a grotty desk and broken chair and told where the toilet was (I can only assume that that was my induction). Managers who seem to spend most of their time hiding behind their office doors and occasionally darting into the central kitchen avoiding eye contact with any of the team. Turnover is high and the environment is miserable, windows covered up, dirty desks and yellowing memos on notice boards that I imagine have been there 700 years and never read. Project Managers who struggle to communicate, maintain eye contact or conduct a meeting in time or with any purpose. Your opinion will never be requested and your feedback will fall on deaf ears. One week my only task was to 'just read over last week's emails'. It was a huge relief to leave, think very carefully before considering the BTHT HR department as an option.
Pros
Cons
No colleague engagement, no defined roles, no communication
9 July 2020
The bullying culture at the Trust HQ is the worst I have ever seen, one of the Executive Directors was stripped of her title due to bullying complaints, but went on to continue her behaviour under the Acting CEO and the new CEO, without question. Many complaints were made against her, but these got shoved in a drawer. The Trust HQ secretarial staff were not to be trusted, nearly every new PA leaves within 6 months or goes on long term stress leave.

Such a shame that the culture is from the top down, as there are some great and professional people working here, just let down from the top. The board are aware, but do nothing.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Bullying from Trust HQ
10 June 2020
Not the worst place to work compared to some.
Staff are generally friendly.

Strong Trade Union representation.

Under representation of BAME staff in senior roles.
5 March 2020
Worked for a year as bank. Once got diagnosis of cancer was kicked out as was unable to pick up shifts for longer period. Informed TNR but unfortunately was advised to apply again if I get better.
Pros
Being part of NHS
Cons
Unapprochable
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6