Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
Hard work
The NHS used to be a workplace to be valued. Not any more. To work in this organisation you have to be able to cope with abusive and aggressive behaviour on a daily basis. Poorly paid and very stressful
Pros
Cons
Abusive behaviour
Underpaid and stressful
Worked for a year as bank. Once got diagnosis of cancer was kicked out as was unable to pick up shifts for longer period. Informed TNR but unfortunately was advised to apply again if I get better.
Pros
Being part of NHS
Cons
Unapprochable
A good company to work for
A good place to work but after 25 years I'm ready for less hours and a change of job.
A typical day would start at 7.00am to pick up on early starting staff but some times my working day would not finish until 8.00pm.

The hardest part of my job was trying to get hold of staff that needed training updates due to the nature of their busy work schedule.

The management is sound and just leave me to get on with my job to the best of my ability. I could speak to them with confidence if there was anything I was unsure of.

The most enjoyable part of my job is mixing with different staff in different areas of the Hospital.
Pros
Flexible working opportunities
Cons
Long Hours
Organised
Nurses always guide you to ensure you are not doing anything wrong, very organised and everything is done at a set time to prevent any body being overwhelmed due to lots of job roles.
Pros
Lunch time enough
Cons
Nil
No wonder nhs is dying
I worked here for 12 years at its best the place was a tip deceitful managers and colleagues throw in some racism worse place I have ever worked do not trust how they operate....
Pros
Pay, pension
Cons
Everything else and the kitchen sink.....
Worked with a great bunch of hard working people.
Very busy environment with old office equipment, poor office conditions and limited funding available.
Excellent IT training facilities on site, uniform provided,

I was not medically trained but determined to be a sucess and with access to a medical dictionary, keen hearing, common sense, enthusiasm, sheer hard work and resolve I was.

The Consultants were troopers and all staff hard working.
Pros
On site restaurant
Cons
Poor standard of equipment i.e. old dictaphones.
Temporary Contract
Temporary illness contract which was extended but no job security. Tasks given were above the job specification provided prior to starting and not in line with the band specified
Pros
Temporary Contract
Cons
Long travelling to and from work times
NHS is very good to work for
Very good benifits

Staff scheme

Car Lease

Sick pay

Good salary

Incentive schemes

Support groups

I've worked for he NHS for 10years and it is a good company to work for
Pros
Mileage paid
Cons
Training
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust?
productive and fun to work.
i enjoyed working in bradford because my colleagues are friendly and very professional.
managers are supportive to their staff.

it's a busy theatre, i gained a lot of skills
Not bad
I only did work experience here, but from what you could see by the way certain members of staff were treated who was more qualified and who was on the highest pays.
Productive and Enjoyable
It is a very busy and on the go position. There is no let up it is busy constantly which I enjoy. I have learnt a lot of new systems on computer such as IPM, ICE, Evolve, Galaxy. My co-workers are helpful and we all get on very well, helping each other out and being a source for feedback, sounding boards etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different and varied jobs that transpire as each day goes on and therefore you could never get bored.
Pros
Varied work load, hours that suit, prioritising your own workload
Cons
very hectic at times, frustration when theatres are cancelled especially at short notice
Horrible work environment
I worked within the HR department and have never experienced a worse working environment in my career. Zero training or engagement from any management. On day one I was shown to a grotty desk and broken chair and told where the toilet was (I can only assume that that was my induction). Managers who seem to spend most of their time hiding behind their office doors and occasionally darting into the central kitchen avoiding eye contact with any of the team. Turnover is high and the environment is miserable, windows covered up, dirty desks and yellowing memos on notice boards that I imagine have been there 700 years and never read. Project Managers who struggle to communicate, maintain eye contact or conduct a meeting in time or with any purpose. Your opinion will never be requested and your feedback will fall on deaf ears. One week my only task was to 'just read over last week's emails'. It was a huge relief to leave, think very carefully before considering the BTHT HR department as an option.
Pros
Cons
No colleague engagement, no defined roles, no communication
A very forward thinking trust to work for
My experience at Bradford has been very positive. Bradford emphasizes a lot on communication at a level I have never seen in another trust before. I definitely learned how communication aided the project from day one.
Management has a very positive attitude towards the project i was involved in. I was made a team player at every step of the project.

As a senior analyst i enjoyed working with secondment staff in the project. I was able to train and assist my colleagues at work using my experience.

The hardest part of the job was to engage with stakeholders who had a big challenge on their hand due to shortage of staff. this meant they could not attend some of the sessions we organised once a week. The way i got around this was to take the sessions to them on the ward.

I enjoyed engaging with staff e.g doctors, nurses and others. I felt comfortable with this part of the job as i used to be a nurse myself.
Pros
exciting project to be part of
Cons
long distance from home
Worked there for 25 years and gained a a lot of knowledge but a changed in my circumstances meant it was time to leave and look for part time work.
Maintenance, supervision, management of contractors and staff, engineering
Employed as an apprentice and upon successful completion, recruited as a Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician. Work consists of maintaining electrical, mechanical and plumbing services to the Hospital buildings, grounds and gardens all of which are to a very high standard. Communication to patients, Hospital staff and Colleagues is essential. Above all of this, health and safety is paramount due to the nature of the environment.
Other duties include assisting and training Apprentices, supervising Assistants and undertaking Shift cover for periods of up to 3 months. Shift cover consisted of Night and Weekend shifts where there was no other member of the team on site.
Overall it is a goo working environment.
It is rotating shift day & night. I learned a lot in this unit professionally.
Management is flexible most of the time.We have a good teamwork

in the unit though its busy.ICU is a heavy unit & unpredictable but because of the good working relationship between staffs the workload became lighter.It is a multicultural hospital the hardest part of the job is miscommunication especially when there is no interpreter for the patient(unable to speak english),it is frustrating.

And dealing with bereaving family. I enjoyed working in this unit.
Pros
long breaks, flexible hours
Cons
underpaid