Bradford Metropolitan District Council Employee Reviews

very good!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire20 June 2018
i enjoy working there. teamwork is fab. I have always been well supported and encouraged to do my best. i work with groups of children and am always given opportunities to enhance myself.
Cqc passed
Woodward court resource centre (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire11 April 2018
I have worked with Bradford metropolitan district council homes for a number of years. The two homes that I have worked in and still working for have the pass cqc report.
Pros
Paid breaks
Good fun hard working
Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 February 2018
Everyday is different different carecters all day long dirty honest work but since of achievement when you put in the hours fun place with lots going on
Basically good
control room operater (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire27 October 2017
Good Workplace, interesting and varied work.A good social life with other members of staff. Worked shifts a lot of nights which nobody else wanted. pay was ok with good nightshift rate
Pros
interesting
Cons
long night shifts
Unsympathetic. Dishonest Management.
Approved Mental Health Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire20 August 2017
I worked for Bradford MDC in a Social Work role for several years. I watched them with others and experienced myself their underhanded, and are completely blase attitude to any laws enployers are governed by.
I, the same as so many others, have seen considerable evidence of their ability to walk over Equal Opportunities, H.R recommendations and even Employment Tribunal findings,
It is a general belief that Bradford MDC are hand in hand with the Freemasons.
Hence their utter ignorance of any Government Act.
They are appalling to work for.
The camaraderie in the workplace is wonderful but created mainly through fear.
Pros
Unpleasant and uncaring management, Management choice of work environment and conditions, lack of Management support for own decision making..
Cons
Team Cameraderie
Good employer
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire21 July 2017
good employer
I enjoy most aspects of my job, though there is a lot of computer and office based work. I work with a good team of people who support each other.
hard demanding challenging but rewarding
Residential Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire27 June 2017
looking after troubled children that find normality strange which has to be manged by the team that supports you along your journey in a very difficult environment however with every job it has its ups and downs.
Pros
fantastic team work
Cons
sleep in duties
Good work experience
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire12 June 2017
All my work with BMDC was tempery . Experience was gaind working in schoolsas Classroom Assistant, PRU unit Caretaker and Exam Invigilator. Also work as aSupport Worker in a Family Center. All good work experience.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
All tempory contracts
Flexible working environment
Collection and Recovery officer (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire11 April 2017
Challenging and engaging job. In a busy working environment.

Fantastic opportunities available to work flexibly from home or in the office. Flexi time offers fantastic work life balance, accompanied with competitive annual leave entitlement.
Pros
Flexi Time, Holiday entitlement, pension scheme, flexible working
Cons
Challenging customers, busy phones
i enjoyed working there
Lunch time supervisor (Former Employee) –  fearnville primary school bradford16 February 2017
i worked looking after children at lunch time,i learnt first aid and to be patient with other people,the staff and management was friendly
and helpful,the hardest part of the job was making sure children was safe at all times,i loved getting invited by the children to different activites
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
Really good to work with the staff I work with I love working with the public
Lifeguard and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire11 February 2017
I like working at Eccleshill pool as a lifeguard receptionist but I would like to change my job roll and move onto something else the team I work with are good and the overall place is nice.
Strong leadership and administration
Cover Supervisor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford10 October 2016
I enjoyed working for the inner city schools more, as the children behaved more appropriately.

As I worked at several schools in this area, I clumped them all under the borough's council.
Pros
Regular work.
Cons
None.
Good
I.T. SYSTEM SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ENG21 April 2015
Good job work life balance. The Annual Leave, Flexi and Wages are all good. Also near to where I live. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Flexi Time, Annual Leave, Wages
Cons
Current Job Cuts
Job satisfaction
UK- Civil Enforcement Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire29 May 2014
As a team leader I used to have a 9 hour shift and would work on early/late shifts on rotation. Learned to interact effectively with people of diverse backgrounds. Had a good team who had different skill levels. Hardest part of the job was to work outdoors in adverse weather. The enjoyable part of the work was to be able to help a member of the public when they required assistance.
Skills for work
Employment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bardford13 May 2013
I currently work on the Skills for work contract which we at risk of losing. The team are not motivated due to this.