Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

2.2Pay & Benefits
Community nurse
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire28 January 2019
Worked for this employer for number of years.All level of management poor. Management not supportive of staff. No time to do work. Service user and staff not involved in making changes. Bullying management.
When things go wrong they pretend to provide support. But they dont. Loved the job but under paid, under valued. Blaming culture. Management have favourites.
No respect for staff. Staff are numbers not people.Management not bothered about how work affects staffs mental health. Work piled on, no time do what is required.The working day did not end at 5pm. There was an expectation that u would do more work at home and at weekend. I learned over the years to cover my back.Spoken to CQC over past years with my concerns. That year they were given a rating of good. Staff not supported to progress in career. Same managment moving up ladder. New comers not supported by managers in starting the new role.
High caseloads on first day of starting.

I am glad I left. Needed to do this for my own mental health.
Pros
Enjoyed working with services user.supportive colleagues.
Cons
Over worked. Large caseload.unsupported
Overworked ,understaffed and undervalued .
Community Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire4 May 2018
Poor workplace ethic, staff overworked and not valued.
Too much to do and not enough staff. Management do not address why staff are leaving in their droves!
Stress and mental health issues high on the sick rate yet it’s not addressed.
Poor management re mental health problems required a grievance procedure which I had upheld.
Too much cutting corners where patients are concerned ie prioritising which visits to do due to staff shortages yet staff get disciplined if they miss making an observation whilst rushing around trying to get impossible caseloads completed.
Best thing I did was leave. Went from 4 antidepressants to nil within 5 months of leaving!
Managers more remote and unsympathetic. Definitely not valued.
Pros
Not many, lone working so manage your own day.
Cons
Pressurised job with lots of stress. Staff isolated and demoralised.
mistreat staff
Healthcare Support Worker, (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire1 June 2017
they don't treat staff with respect, they don't support staff, they don't allow staff to progress, management are a waste of space. Was attacked by service user but not supported by management. Junior staff are back stabbers
Nice colleagues
Assistant Psychologist (Current Employee) –  New Mills1 February 2017
Nice colleagues,
management changed and this was difficult.
Not always understanding about workers personal life.
End contract abruptly.
Productive and enjoyable work place.
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Keighley19 June 2016
Effective training provided by BDCT. Good management. Valuable experience as a key worker. Positive feedbacks from service users.