Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust

Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Unsupportive management but good colleagues
Worked for over 8 years with a fantastic dedicated team but felt unsupported by management and history of very limited information sharing. Eventually several colleagues left in quick succession and workload fell on shoulders of those left - little or no information given by management of plan to cope with this - in fact when asked they said it was't their fault that people were leaving and we'd just have to cope - I too left eventually. As the department is spread across the district I felt that if you worked in one of the main hubs you would be ok and kept informed but if in satellite clinic then isolated and very very rarely saw management unless there for performance meeting or when CQC coming!
Pros
Immediate colleagues, patients
Cons
Management, - lack of information and support
Nice location and fantastic staff, very supportive management team and always willing to help with your development, great people to get in with, you see what you get, down to earth and willing to go the extra mile if you need help and support
Brilliant
Had a great 6 month contract here. The management and staff were warm and welcome. The role was very interesting and I learnt a lot. If you get a chance to work for BDCT then jump at it
poor support form manaement
well in short poor support , burnt out with work load, management have there favourites and you are just the scrubber and in number.

you have to work with agencies all the time and under pressure.

CQC rated poor, doesn't surprise me.

All senior nurses are leaving due to pressure.

Job security rated 3 start not because of the trust but because of the employment laws they have to abide.
Pros
advantages of working in hns.
Cons
as above
Poor support, no effective management
What an experience, never wish to repeat it! Induction and support into role of community nurse none existent. Arrived on first day, with no means to access electronic patient records, yet provided with paper referrals for 3 patients, with no link mentor, no log in, no training. Arranged all training myself, arranged own induction, set up own phone and email.
Some amazing long standing staff, all of whom were burning out, but trying so hard to continue with high standard of care. Others, truly just taking advantage of the lack of management and structure.

Awful doesn't even begin to explain the set up in community, total shambles, dangerous, and isolated. The management really should be looked at, they are not fulfilling any of their responsibilities in developing and maintaining safe standards of work.
Pros
Hours. Mon-friday
Cons
Isolated, poor management, dangerous
Community nurse
Worked for this employer for number of years.All level of management poor. Management not supportive of staff. No time to do work. Service user and staff not involved in making changes. Bullying management.
When things go wrong they pretend to provide support. But they dont. Loved the job but under paid, under valued. Blaming culture. Management have favourites.

No respect for staff. Staff are numbers not people.Management not bothered about how work affects staffs mental health. Work piled on, no time do what is required.The working day did not end at 5pm. There was an expectation that u would do more work at home and at weekend. I learned over the years to cover my back.Spoken to CQC over past years with my concerns. That year they were given a rating of good. Staff not supported to progress in career. Same managment moving up ladder. New comers not supported by managers in starting the new role.

High caseloads on first day of starting.

I am glad I left. Needed to do this for my own mental health.
Pros
Enjoyed working with services user.supportive colleagues.
Cons
Over worked. Large caseload.unsupported
Poor management
very poor management, within IT /projects, no communication, quality of products/service delivery is poor, too much focus on unrealistic targets and milestones, instead of quality of service for staff and patients
Pros
easy to get by for lazy people
Cons
difficult to delivery quality, when management arent interested
Overworked ,understaffed and undervalued .
Poor workplace ethic, staff overworked and not valued.
Too much to do and not enough staff. Management do not address why staff are leaving in their droves!

Stress and mental health issues high on the sick rate yet it’s not addressed.

Poor management re mental health problems required a grievance procedure which I had upheld.

Too much cutting corners where patients are concerned ie prioritising which visits to do due to staff shortages yet staff get disciplined if they miss making an observation whilst rushing around trying to get impossible caseloads completed.

Best thing I did was leave. Went from 4 antidepressants to nil within 5 months of leaving!

Managers more remote and unsympathetic. Definitely not valued.
Pros
Not many, lone working so manage your own day.
Cons
Pressurised job with lots of stress. Staff isolated and demoralised.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust?
mistreat staff
they don't treat staff with respect, they don't support staff, they don't allow staff to progress, management are a waste of space. Was attacked by service user but not supported by management. Junior staff are back stabbers
Nice colleagues
Nice colleagues,
management changed and this was difficult.

Not always understanding about workers personal life.

End contract abruptly.
Productive and enjoyable work place.
Effective training provided by BDCT. Good management. Valuable experience as a key worker. Positive feedbacks from service users.