Bracknell Forest Council

United Kingdom30 reviews
Great local employer
Good, central location.
Home/Flex positions available.

Flex time means working hours can be adjusted to suit you and up to 1 additional days leave can be accrued each month.

Up to 10 days leave can be bought or sold each year.

Reduced leisure centre membership.
No employee wellbeing
I am leaving Bracknell Forest as I feel that I am being forced out by new managers. I used to have a good work life balance but however due to new changes this no longer happens. I have worked part time for a number of years and can no longer continue.
Fun loving atmoshphere
will definitely recommend anyone working for BFC. they are very supportive and makes the working environment really friendly and support people in developing their both personal and work related skills.
Good
Excellent admin staff. The council is supportive to its employees. It is a mixed catchment area with many different schools in it. Excellent teachers and lovely students.
Ok role
No frills, no real benefits, no progression but interesting job with variety. Got to work with some good people, work across different sites and with interesting customers.
A Good place to advance
Arranging transport for Special Needs pupils to get to school. Also Adults who need to attend College. Sometimes there was a need to drive the mini bus to take pupils to sporting events out of the area.

I enjoyed the people in the office and the most parts of the job
Working at the council.
The council is a great place to work. They want everyone to have a healthy work life balance and will assist in anyway they can to make this happen.

If you work hard they will look after you and in turn you want to work hard because of this.
Great work/life balance
BFC are very forward thinking in ensuring that employees have a positive work/life balance.

Changes are currently underway which have resulted in management changes. BFC have tried to communicate these to staff in an efficient way. Occasionally, communication to staff could have been better but this is being rectified.
Pros
approachable management
Enjoyable and busy workplace
Sad to leave this month, but now time to move and try a new direction in my career.

I managed a great team of 70. About 40 permanent posts and 30 casuals. We worked hard.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Paperwork
A typical government organisation
With respect to the constraints of budgets and always having to justify your role (this was not such an issue in my department, but definitely in others). I enjoyed my short time there and had to leave for personal reasons. The team I worked with were friendly and helpful. The downside was that overtime had to be approved at senior management/ director level (so basically not approved). I also regularly did more than my contracted hours. They did have flexi time, but this was difficult to manage for myself, as the rest of the team booked their time off months in advance.
Pros
Staff very friendly
Cons
Unwilling to pay a bit of overtime
BRACKNELL Forest Council
worked for BFC for many years it used to be a great place to work. Unfortunately Now Untrained / poor management and not a good place to work. Bullying rife and ignored By HR. To many things get brushed aside, sickness of staff high due to poor management and not listening to staff.
Pros
Close to transport and town
Cons
Poor Management/HR shocking
Innovative Children's Social Care
Excellent opportunity to work in innovative ways with families - reduced case loads, adult workers co-working cases all leading to better outcomes for children and families.

Great Local Authority - managers are supportive but allow individual creativity and plenty of opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Free Parking, Low caseloads
Too many favourites!
It could have been a good place to work not least for the training and learning and development available.
Spoilt by politics overshadowed by budgets and cuts that staff were made aware of this threatening your job and salary
Pros
Learning and development
Cons
Politics and favouriting by management
Lots of good people trying to do a good job.
Let down by management, lazy, self serving,double standards, expect more and more from there staff but give very little !

New systems introduced with out consultation or proper understanding of daily needs or routines.
Pros
local, good holiday entitlement .
Cons
management .
I don’t work here now. I’m jobless at the moment.
This work was a short time job. I don’t work here for now. I’m jobless at the moment looking for job. At Bracknell, everything was perfect, and friendly.
Fast paced
Everyday is different working within Children Social Care with supportive team and management. They are continue to look for new innovated ideas to improve there service for service users and to help staff improve to help with caseload. They always encourage training and development.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Good job
I worked as a Lunchtime Controller for 4 and a half years. I enjoyed the job. Let children know when their lunchtime was, putting toys out, talking to children make sure they play safely. Putting plaster's on cuts and scrapes.
Pros
Spending time with children
Cons
Job in the middle of the day
Productive and varied workplace
An average day consists of liaising with other departments, contractors, councillors and customers on a daily basis. In my role I have learned a considerable of new information in regard to waste collection and the processes that take place behind the scenes, as well as how different contracts are managed and implemented. The culture of the workplace is very tight knit and laid back and there is good communication across all teams. The hardest part of the job is dealing with sensitive issues in regards to the services we offer.
Pros
ver varied and exciting workload
Cons
Can be some difficult and sensitive correspondance
No recent experience in this role
I have no recent experience in this role so cannot provide an informed view point in relation to this role, however during my brief time there I had no issues or concerns.
Good Training programme and excellent multi-agency working
I worked for Bracknell Forest for over 11 years and enjoyed my time there. Great training opportunities and excellent links with other local agencies
Pros
Flexible working and staff development training
Cons
Funding cuts
Enjoyed learning new skills
I have enjoyed learning new skills, I have gained my level 3 in health and social care whilst here.
I like looking after people and geting involved in reablement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bracknell Forest Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Bracknell Forest Council Reviews by Location