Bracknell Forest Council Employee Reviews

BRACKNELL Forest Council
Children Social Care (Former Employee) –  Bracknell30 August 2018
worked for BFC for many years it used to be a great place to work. Unfortunately Now Untrained / poor management and not a good place to work. Bullying rife and ignored By HR. To many things get brushed aside, sickness of staff high due to poor management and not listening to staff.
Pros
Close to transport and town
Cons
Poor Management/HR shocking
Innovative Children's Social Care
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bracknell Forest, Berkshire16 May 2018
Excellent opportunity to work in innovative ways with families - reduced case loads, adult workers co-working cases all leading to better outcomes for children and families.

Great Local Authority - managers are supportive but allow individual creativity and plenty of opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Free Parking, Low caseloads
Too many favourites!
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire8 May 2018
It could have been a good place to work not least for the training and learning and development available.
Spoilt by politics overshadowed by budgets and cuts that staff were made aware of this threatening your job and salary
Pros
Learning and development
Cons
Politics and favouriting by management
Lots of good people trying to do a good job.
Courier (Former Employee) –  time square, market st17 April 2018
Let down by management, lazy, self serving,double standards, expect more and more from there staff but give very little !

New systems introduced with out consultation or proper understanding of daily needs or routines.
Pros
local, good holiday entitlement .
Cons
management .
I don’t work here now. I’m jobless at the moment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire30 January 2018
This work was a short time job. I don’t work here for now. I’m jobless at the moment looking for job. At Bracknell, everything was perfect, and friendly.
Fast paced
Family Worker (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire29 January 2018
Everyday is different working within Children Social Care with supportive team and management. They are continue to look for new innovated ideas to improve there service for service users and to help staff improve to help with caseload. They always encourage training and development.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Good job
Lunchtime Controller (Former Employee) –  Bracknell5 January 2018
I worked as a Lunchtime Controller for 4 and a half years. I enjoyed the job. Let children know when their lunchtime was, putting toys out, talking to children make sure they play safely. Putting plaster's on cuts and scrapes.
Pros
Spending time with children
Cons
Job in the middle of the day
Productive and varied workplace
Operational Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bracknell12 December 2017
An average day consists of liaising with other departments, contractors, councillors and customers on a daily basis. In my role I have learned a considerable of new information in regard to waste collection and the processes that take place behind the scenes, as well as how different contracts are managed and implemented. The culture of the workplace is very tight knit and laid back and there is good communication across all teams. The hardest part of the job is dealing with sensitive issues in regards to the services we offer.
Pros
ver varied and exciting workload
Cons
Can be some difficult and sensitive correspondance
Good Training programme and excellent multi-agency working
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire13 October 2017
I worked for Bracknell Forest for over 11 years and enjoyed my time there. Great training opportunities and excellent links with other local agencies
Pros
Flexible working and staff development training
Cons
Funding cuts
Waste of time
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2017
Saw this job and as the link didn't work made enquiries directly only to find out that there is in fact no vacancy and was told Indeed had made a mistake.
How many others I wonder have wasted their time.
Busy and precise
Elections as a Poll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brackell Forest Council11 January 2016
I have worked with the local authority as a poll clerk during elections for a number of years. It is high pressured and fast paced but with a need for accuracy. I enjoy working with new people and getting to meet the local community.
Productive & Fun working
Apprentice Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bracknell Forest13 December 2015
My day to day role was hanging up clothes on the railes and re stocking the shelves and making teas.

My manager and co workers and very friendly

the hardest part of my job was packing the clothes in the bag

Everything was enjoyable about my job
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Awful
social worker (Former Employee) –  Children's services6 December 2015
No work life balance at all in long term children's SW team. Permanent staff are at breaking point and locum staff never stay for very long. Management are nice but ineffective.
Expect to work on average 50-70 hours per week and you will not get your time back!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expect to work long hours, high burn out
an experience worth it!
student social worker (Former Employee) –  town centre14 October 2014
working with the fostering team and children in need team was quite challenging but very rewarding
Pros
flexible lunch time
Local authority culture
Landscape / Street cleansing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, ENG15 January 2014
I have worked at Bracknell for over five years as a contracts manager/client for environmental services.

When I first started, I was amazed at how behind they were with regards to operational procedures and their attitude to health and safety.

It took me a long time to change that dismissive culture and bring in some up-to-date practices and then I could concentrate on the finances of the contract which was no easy task.

As you would expect, there is a lot of red tape to try and get through in local authority and it's not helped by departments working in silos however, I have learnt a lot from my time at Bracknell and like to think that when I leave, I would have left my service area in a much better position and I hope we have exceeded the public's expectations in terms of service and quality.
Pros
Lot's of new challenges
Cons
Red tape