Boxer Facilities Management Ltd

Boxer Facilities Management Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Good people to work with. From bottom to top. Excellent working teams with good management always on end of the phone if needed. Room to progress and overtime Available on other sites around Midlands. Good quality products and delivered on time.
Pros
Room to progress, good teams
They are a joke. I had a trial day over 1
5months ago and was promised to be paid for it.still hang happened.

They want 1 person to do a 3 men job, didnt even have time to have a sip of water. At the trial 3 of us took 2.5hours to clean the facility, yet they expect you to do it in 3 hours alone.

Try to avoid them, they will not pay you.
Pros
Cons
No payment
I had a lot to do in a short amount of time. I had support from management and the client. Work was structured and improved with personal refinement. There were often extra shifts to cover.
Wonderful interviewer however the management at the homebase site was terrible, looked down on and shouted at by the manager of the store!
The jobs are not crazy hard work but there is a lot of responsibility for the amount of work required! Realistically it takes 2 people for what one person is being paid for.
I only had one job with them. Never heard from them again for another cleaning job. The ‘contract’ I got sent through looked unprofessional and didn’t seem legit
Easily the best job I have ever had. The managers and directors are all friendly and helpful. Don't understand some of the other reviews on here, I only have positive feedback!
Pros
great support
Cons
none!
Boxer FM supported me throughout my time with them and I am happy to recommend. My managers were always supportive and were available when I needed them. A move away forced my move but I would work with them again if I had the chance.
I have never been so well supported by any company. My Manager is always available to speak to me and comws to site regularly to see me. The Operations Director is amazing and always makes us all feel important.
Very decent management and really takes care about cleaners and business its self. Good place to grow learn and go further. Supportive management. Is not many cleaning companies like this one. Highly recommend
Cons
I have worked here for little over 2 yrs and I'm very happy they bend over backwards to give me contracts I choose to go after and my manager is great she helps me and I help her when ever I'm free too I have no intention of leaving this company
Pros
Pay is good job is laid back they are not always on your back
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Boxer Facilities Management Ltd?
It is a pity I had to give 1 STAR to this dire company as 0 STARS would be more fitting.
Being a professional cleaner with 20 years experience I joined the Boxer Team with great expectations of working for a great team with new challenges.The only challenges were constantly having to sort out Managements mistakes.

We were frequently left without any cleaning products whatsoever to clean with for weeks on end.The management ignores your pleas for cleaning products for so long you have to purchase your own which is very costly.They have so many inexperienced mostly young cleaners that have no capability or interest in cleaning whatsoever.If they put them working with you you have to do their work as well as your own and Boxer management are not interested at all about any problems they cause by their unprofessional attitude.

The management especially the junior ones are rude and use threats,lies and intimidation to get what they want which borderlines on bullying.You feel like you are working in 1919 not 2019.

If you need to talk to Human Resource then your wasting your time as they always side with management to keep their own nose clean.

Boxer are only interested in you for your usefulness as a dogs body to Cover as many Sites and Hours as possible and they ignore the quality of cleaning as long as they can get the clients money.

I was so glad to leave and would never clean for them again even if they paid £50 an hour.
Pros
Cons
Badly managed.
Go above and beyond to help their staff .I have been there coming up to 2 years if anytime I need to contact them .they are always at the end off the phone .day or night .very understanding company
Pros
Flexibility spot on will always work with you im currently working up the ladder
Cons
We have bad days but dont all companys .but we have more better dsys
This company is one of the worst I've experienced. Management are hardly ever seen, every time they appear the last ones left and there is another new manager. Never get your stock orders on time and constantly have to keep reminding and being ignored until you have no stuff to clean with.
Cover when you're away is hit and miss and you're expected to clean it up when you're back, think they need some training themselves on how to manage!!
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Worked for them for quite a while.Most of the management come across as being helpful when in reality that could not be further from the truth.The management are rude and only helpful when they want staff to bend over backwards to accomodate their often unreasonable requirements.
HR and Junior managers are frequently rude and lack basic 'People Skills' and telling untruths comes as second nature to them.

Ordering cleaning supplies is chaotic and hit and miss.95% of the time the items you order arrive weeks late OR not at all or the wrong items are sent out. Then you end up buying your own cleaning products at your own expense or use Liquid hand soap to clean floors.

The pay is poor and training is a 'foreign' word to them.As a result of this they have a very high turnover of inexperienced unmotivated unskilled cleaners.This causes low morale amongst the staff as the hardest working cleaners have to carry and cover the unmotivated untrained ones.Cleaning jobs that you do on a regular basis are frequently Not covered adequately during your absence and you frequently end up playing 'catch up' on your return to work.There seems a culture of profit before work ethics with this company.

Summing up.An unpleasant Experience working for them and would Not recommend.
Pros
Few
Cons
Too many unskilled unmotivated workers.
Job is good to a certain extent. But managment lack communication and basic skills. When you do all the hours under the sun and all the over time they want you to do they are happy
When you want nights free or don't want to do so many hours they turn nasty and take your contract away and put you on zero hour.

My manager was not skilled or trained enough to do the job. Sarcastic and 2faced would disrespect employees and bad mouth employees to others. When brought to attention of head managment they would pass it off as nothing just because the managers farther is one of there biggest clients and don't want to upset him.

Hr is poor and dose not want to make time to discuss any of your concerns or problems with your job. Only stands up for managment and whoever says the truth is shown to be wrong in there eyes. Never come across a HR like it to be honest.

In all honesty the job I was doing was good i enjoyed the varied role. But when it comes to managment and Hr that was the part that made me leave and let me down in every way.
Pros
Na
Cons
Managment / hours
The managers and office staff are fantastic always helping when ever they can. All the staff I worked with are great too. Excellent salary and the chance to win employee of the month. Can not fault boxer would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Salary and support from managers and office staff.
Cons
Na
Boxer have been really helpful, managers always make sure my team have what they need and really make us feel part of a big team.

The office team are really supportive and help with queries.

Training is the best I have ever had in15 years cleaning!
Pros
great support
Cons
none!
Relatively easy cleaning job with a laid back atmosphere.
I had no training whatsoever so it was basically a 'learn as you go' method. I rarely had any cleaning supplies as delivery took six weeks to arrive,if I was lucky(should take two) so I had to either purchase my own or use the client's. On i regular basis I was using hand wash as an alternative cleaning substance.

Initially I was working ridiculous hours however they were eventually sorted out to be more reasonable.

No opportunities for career development and you don't get any benefits. If you just want to simply put you foot on the job ladder,be employed and have an earning then it's considerable.

Receive a company top and hi-vis. I had to supply my own safety footwear.

Senior members of staff rarely communicate or visit the sites.
Pros
Friendly management Laid back atmosphere More pay working weekends
Cons
Basic Wage No Benefits Inadequately Stocked Lack of communication
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boxer Facilities Management Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
Boxer Facilities Management Ltd Reviews by Job Title