Bovis Homes Employee Reviews

Construction may be good, but payroll is not so
Payroll assistant (Former Employee) –  Kings Hill16 August 2019
Team was really good, but the manager was awful, unreasonable and as the job is constantly advertised by both Bovis directly and Page Personnel I assume the situation hasn't changed
excellent
Senior site manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  uk27 February 2019
Good company to work for would recommened working for them depending on the region.
A typical day at work would be walk plots then daily activity briefing withh all contractor supervisors then managing programme and procurement also advising and tending to design and management meetings
Pros
always looking to grow as a company
Cons
trying to hard at times overloading productivity
agency worker (Former Employee) –  Reed11 June 2018
Data clearance and up dating system information.
Using Emails, spreadsheets and project management information.
Very friendly place to work.
Parking an issue on busy days.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Parking
very good company
Freelance Site (Former Employee) –  ipswich21 April 2018
2 weeks holiday cover very easy to get on with people on site,excellent health and safety,easy to find the site.very well presented site free lunches and breakfast
Pros
free lunches
unprofessional - poor training
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 February 2018
I found the bovis homes central milton keynes office to be a very unprofessional place to work. On several occasions I could not hear customers on the phone or concentrate on my work due to the ammount of noise being made by a few other staff members having private and inappropriate conversations. The manager did not seem bothered by this and she never once asked the noisy staff member to stop shouting across people on the phone and using rude language. I even spoke with the manager regarding the situation several times yet nothing was ever done about it. The staff in general were not very welcoming and i felt very out of place which eventually led to me leaving the role. The location of the office is brilliant as its within walking distance to several resteraunts and shops which is good for your hour lunch break. The pay is good, training was very limited for the role and could have maybe been extended by a day or two instead of throwing you straight into the deep end. It is a good role and i would recomend it as a stepping stone for getting back into work. The systems are easy to use and the role overall is a very interesting one.
Pros
Pay, location
Cons
Unprofessional - Poor Training - Poor Management
Productive and nice place to work
Temporary Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ash16 February 2018
Busy place to work the department I worked in had an excellent manager, the team worked well together and other departments were friendly and efficient. Parking on site, with a good canteen and easy to find.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Can't think of any
I hope this helps! be careful to all those willing and desperate workers
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 December 2017
Very long hours if you are driving any distance so the danger is falling asleep at the wheel is a possibility, Working at too fast a rate all day every day is expected !! you cannot enjoy the trade /job any more due to required production rate!!!! being so demanding as it is a profit focused business so very very high! turn over of staff!!
Drug use on site is common probably due to long hours and tensions are high, i have experienced drug use from site managers & staff who tend to be bad tempered due to work load and working up to 14 to 16+ hrs a day with driving on paye contract second in command £37,000 per year sounds good until you do the maths on a 65/75 hrs a week work it out per hour £?
Pros
Non
Cons
Very Long Hours works out to be poor pay aggressive sites
Over all good place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire30 August 2017
Over all good place to work and good people. The company is changing but it appears to be for the better. New homes is a great industry to work in. I would advise someone with a strong, confident personality to go for a job in new homes
Pros
Money good
Cons
Changes to company
Technically educative
CSCS Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bedford8 August 2017
I enjoyed the high level of HSE complaince. High pay rate and easy of working based Occupational HSE. I had to stop because my Student Visa allows only a maxmum of 20 hours a week as against the full time required for most construction work based on the time frame for the job schedule.
Pros
High pay rate and HSE Complaince
Cons
Long hours which prohibits me working due to STUDENT VISA
Enjoyable working atmosphere
Customer Care Operative (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon2 June 2017
Temporary contract, originally possible permanent position. Good working environment, high pressure as customer service often is. Time spent there was pleasant
Junior PA to CEO & Group FD
Junior PA to CEO & Group FD (Current Employee) –  New Ash Green13 March 2017
To look after the CEO and Group FD, I have learnt to be a successful PA within a larger company like Bovis Homes. The workplace environment is very nice and friendly, the hardest part of my job is the unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the exposure to the corporate side of being a personal assistant.
Pros
Free Lunches & Flexi Fridays
very stressful
Duties - Telescopic Handler, Materials Controller (Former Employee) –  Swindon15 November 2016
started for bovis homes as a forklift driver then all of a sudden i was a meterials controller a labourer (no labourers employed ) a cleaner. i looked after a site on more than 3 occasions ie no manager. apparently after 1 days scaffolding course i could tell if a scaffold was unsafe lol. i even got told i was responsible for any wasted brick left on the floor from a director . believe it or not after all the pressure from above we were classed as the A team best thing since slice bread we were . my name was mentioned in managers meetings about how good I was . Till i asked for a rise. 3 weeks i waited then i faxed my notice in. best thing i ever done lol.
motivated, fun, team
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Coleshill17 May 2016
while being at Bovis homes I have pushed myself to complete many courses:

these courses involve:

- Health & Safety

and many more/
Productive and efficient
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Ash Green21 October 2015
An incredible team who work well together in a professional manner. Dealing with contracts, invoices, inductions and filing. Ongoing relationships with employees and management.
Great people
c (Current Employee) –  eng26 August 2015
I may not be paid particularly well, but I am happy working here. As quite a new office, you are never the new person for long.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
pay
The Labourer must act in a manner that is appropriate to a Hamlet employee. He/she must also be able to operate effectively in a highly political envi
Labourer/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Exeter, ENG26 May 2015
Ensure equipment and tools are stored in a safe and secure
 Clean and make minor repairs to equipment and tools ensure
 Ensure that municipal services buildings and facilities are maintained in a clean and
orderly manner.
Pros
free lunchas
Cons
longs hours
Interesting and verstile role
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent5 January 2015
Typical day would be to organise the Director, make contact with all the Site managers for updates on works. Communicate with all Site Managers to make sure that all members of staff had turned up for work. Make arrangements with agencies if extra staff were required. Co-ordinate meetings, prepare H&S Reports, sort out expenses, draft letters, prepare all correspondence for Board and any other ad-hoc meetings, take and produce accurate minutes. Provide a service for all potential purchasers who wanted extra requirements to do with their properties. Collated all correspondence for the NHBC Accreditation certificates.

I learnt working in this company, that you need to be confidence and stand up if you wanted to be heard. Working in a male orientation business, you needed to stand your ground.

I enjoyed the role completely.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
being made redundant
Friendly workplace
Trainee Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Exeter, ENG26 September 2014
Learned a large amount about housing construction

Co-workers all friendly and willing to help

Hardest part is the extent you need to go to get works authorised

most enjoyable is the friendly and welcoming work atmosphere.
good place to work but no training really given
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Ash Green13 March 2014
payroll running weekly payroll collating information
good people to work with
minimal training given
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no trianing given
Learning curve
Plot Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bishops Cleeve20 July 2013
I originally began this role as a temporary arrangement in February 2011 but as my apprenticeship came to an end I applied for the permanent position. Taking on this role meant providing full administrative support to the Plot Team Manager in the Legal Department, along with three conveyancers. I was given the responsibility of transferring the Freehold interests of coach houses from the Company to Plot purchasers – a project which I embraced and gained valuable experience from. Daily tasks include logging Plot and Resale reservations, liaising with solicitors, providing Certificates of Compliance, sealing documents and submitting Stamp Duty Land Tax applications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bovis Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Bovis Homes Reviews by Location