Bourne Leisure
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bourne Leisure Employee Reviews

United Kingdom337 reviews
very busy i did fined the hours were very long the most enjoyable part of the job was selling holiday homes and speaking to guest .
I learned a lot kp
Pros
most of the people were nice
Cons
Only a number in that company if they want you out then that’s it your gone..

All the brown noses and that will follow on and take over the job even tho they don’t know what there doing
Cons
I started here on a temp
Contract. Was offered a permanent 9 months later. It’s like being on holiday every day with 200 friends. Work hard but the work life balance is easily achievable
Pros
Great working environment, they really care about their team
Cons
Salary is lower than you would find in the towns
Great company to work for. Good training and caring employer. Very busy kitchen working to high standards and to budget controls. Would recommend everyone to work at a holiday park during their career as it is fun.
No work Structure, Bullying Culture, Lack of knowledge from Supervisors, Nepotism Culture. Unfriendly environment to work in. Not recommended. Low Paid
It was pushy but over all good 1st season was great second not so good a manager changed , good friendly staff I worked with manager I worked with second time had no clue about working around my children s.
Very stressful for rubbish money unrealistic timeframes for jobs wages really don't reflect cost of living minimum wage is an insult . Some benefits but really don't justify the wage
The peak season was a very stressful time for employees while the management didn't give much guidance. The teams you work with are brilliant but sometime the customers are ungrateful.
I was only 18 when I started to work here, the work was simple and the company was relaxed and fun. The work itself could sometimes be stressful as you're trying to get everything ready for peak season, but it was a good first job and paid well for easy work.
working for a holiday camp of any description is hard work, but can be very rewarding. unfortunately haven mostly believe that the staff are unimportant and easily replacable, which is true considering they dont actually require you to have any real skill or knowledge to work there.
I loved my job there and as a team leader and duty manger after only 2 years i was one of the hardest work guys there., however when they cut there budget they were no longer able to offer me onsite accommodation, resulting in me no longer being able to work for them
I worked in a few different departments its always fast paced and you have the opportunity to meet new people and progress with your selected department
every very fun and good place to work every day is different have to be able to have fun wilst remaning profesional and have a happy disposition and able to interact with all types of people with various forms of disability to non disabled and be able to enjoy your work
Amazing place to work if your a young man trying to make a name for himself in a fast-paced environment.

However progression with the company all boils down to "who you know" rather than "what you know"

It's very clique

But if your a young man or lady without an opinion or voice , then it's the place for you.
New facilities manager brought in early 2018 showed very poor people skills and lack of experience with department.
Nothing done over year to rectify. Admitted he only there to advance and didn't care about staff. Dare say other parks and depts better but not my experience at Primrose Valley.
A very niche business, if you know people high up you can get away with anything but if they don’t like you they’ll do anything to get rid of you, use and abuse them for training and qualifications, after you’ve got that you’ll realise they don’t pay anywhere near enough to be competitive so look elsewhere.
I worked at Primrose valley for just under 3 years its is a seasonal role. But you are always invited back if you have provided excellent service. You can experience different roles throughout your haven life.
Everyone was friendly welcoming and fun to work with.
Always expect the unexpected, no 2 days are ever the same, fun, interactive, hard work but rewarding. Lots of training and development available, career progression is promoted.
Probably the most awful place I’ve ever worked. Sadly all the fantastic strategies and ideas put forward from head office and training don’t filter down to park level. The caravan Sales manager treats people like rubbish and has no respect whatsoever either for or from his team , the GM is also lazy and has side stepped others to make way for his favourites ( pretty young females)
able to work around home life and was able to use the on park facilities with my family at weekends when all off together, easy to get to by bus from clacton town centre
The pay is awful. You have to work long hours sometimes until 9pm. You also have to work weekends and you don’t get paid for the extra time you work they give you the hours back when it’s quiet.
The environment itself is fun and I made great friends there.