Bourne Leisure Employee Reviews

Head of department
Warden (Current Employee) –  Devon7 June 2019
A head of department(h.o.d) should operate an equal deal of payment structure to all his staff . This simply does not exist at where I work.
If 20 staff employed in the SAME department .various structures of hourly rate exist,various rates of bonus are given to the few if your face fits,regardless to the detriment to the other staff,also,tea breaks to the selected few who are paid the extra hourly rates and receive the extra bonuses,get extra time for tea breaks usually 45 minutes when "those " who are out the circle get 30 minutes and dinnertime 1hour 20 minutes and those outside the circle 1 hour.
Elderly employees usually "beasted" to humiliate them by the (h.o.d.)to give up or walk away,.
Younger workers ,and even part time staff given carte Blanche on attendance,with the (h.o.d) allowing early leaving of a set time shift to be paid in full when others docked time when waiting ONE minute early at the clock out machine(financial loss to an individual).
So when Bourne leisure preaches,as it does of its treacle sweet embrace of harmony,I actually work day in day out in the environment above.
Pros
Bad vibes
Cons
Inequality/ageism/bullying
great for develop
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Minehead, Somerset1 June 2019
A great place to work to gain skills,
to build confidence and to enjoy what you do, to learn day to day skills offering live in accommodation to many,
Pros
family discounts
Cons
wages not aligned
Awful management, awful hours, and awful pay!
Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent13 May 2019
The managers at thoresby hall hotel are always lovely when you first begin working there, but you soon learn what they’re really like! They don’t pay you correctly, they are rude towards you if you are sick, and they are only nice to you when they want something!! Management sit around and leave team members to deal with issues that they shouldn’t have to deal with, and the staff definitely don’t get paid enough for what they have to put up with!
Pros
Reduced team meals and free use of facilities
Cons
Awful hours, bad management, terrible pay
No work life balance
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent6 May 2019
This is probably the worst place I have worked. I sold caravans and it was extremely stressful. The management just want more and more from you until you have nothing left to give.
I done 16 years at this place and the last 2 were horrendous. Constant mental battering and bullying. Daily threats about being replaced to the whole team! Just awful.
Pros
Cons
50+ hours a week over 6 days! Salaries for 45 over 5. No overtime paid
horrendous place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Devon1 March 2019
overworked underpaid

treated like the employee number you are would not recommend working for them they need a huge management structure shake down
nothing will change
Eh
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire25 February 2019
Butlins. Holiday resort. Seems fun. Well not if you're a customer care adviser. You have to pick up the mess everyone makes, work 9-7 most of the year because we "bank our hours" and by the end of the year they can't seem to give ours hours back so we are paid them months after working them and then it all gets taxed off anyways. So basically we work and hour and a half for free almost all the time. The only good thing is the people you work with, people on the phones can be horrid.
Pros
Pizza now and then. The people who you work with.
Cons
Long hours, not paid for all hours, spoken to like rubbish
Friendly and fun workplace
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire24 January 2019
A typical day at work would start at 9am answering phone calls from customers who have booked/wishing to book or wanting to make adjustments to their holiday with the company.
I learned how to deal with and resolve any issues that may have arisen with regards to customers bookings.
Management were very supportive and helpful. The workplace was friendly and we all worked as one big team. The best part of the job was customer satisfaction.
Pros
Fun and Games to boost employee morale
Great atmosphere
Bar Staff and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Medway13 January 2019
The company Worked round my children so it was easier for me which is great because not a lot of other companys would , everyone is like a big family absolutely would recommend to others , I done 2 seasons and would do it again
Pros
Meet new people
Caree suicide! Don’t work for this company!!! Awful place
Chef Manager/ chef (Former Employee) –  Minehead29 December 2018
Don’t work for this company!!!You are just a number almost like a prison convict. Mention BUTLINS in your CV and nobody will interview you! I had to delete the company name from my CV so basically lie to finally get interviews.
They do everything possible to make you spend time and money on site! You live in a bobble and if you’re young that’s probably ok. The company ethics suck. You have to know someone or kiss bottoms to be promoted. No matter how many extra hours you work for free or how many holidays you cancel for them. There’s a dictatorship in the air, you have to be quiet or else you in trouble... Salary is rubbish! You don’t get a permanent contract, you don’t get a credit score if you live on site it’s almost like you don’t exist in the credit world. Your address is not recognised if you try to get a finance or a mortgage at some point. Managers are uneducated, many of them do drugs but they have a no drug policy!? Minehead BUTLINS is a disgusting place...
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor pay, rubbish work ethic, poor management
interesting
SIA Door supervisor (Former Employee) –  haggerston5 December 2018
Working as Site Security (SIA Door supervisor) on a large Holiday park over 825 static caravans and touring pitches. Duties included ensuring the security and wellbeing and safety of all the staff, holiday makers as well as the park. Delivering gas, linen, and any electrical items hired. Dealing with any anti- social behaviour outside of the park as well as in the main complex venue, working as part of a team working with staff and Police
Fun and frustrating
IT developer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead Town2 December 2018
This is a nice place to work with lots of good people. Management is not very good and there seems to be a lot of politics and back stabbing. Job is very dynamic but too reactive and not enough planning and not enough attempt to improve how things operate.
Pros
Cheery atmosphere, fun people
Cons
Frustrating politics and lack of improvement
holiday advisor
Butlin's Holidays - Holiday Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire17 November 2018
Not very nice to staff, do not care about their personal lives/ inconveniences. Do not offer much support to staff when in difficult situations with guests. Clear favouritism.
It can be a very fun place to work
Sports and Leisure Manager (Former Employee) –  West Wales7 November 2018
Over all it is a great company to work for as all the training I have had was paid for from them. I left as starting my family and needed to be south
Pros
If you are doing well you can get a lot?like trips away
Cons
Thehours you have to put in are to long and if you have a family this is no good
fun and a happy environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire6 November 2018
i really enjoyed working at blue dolphin i met so many nice people. Also i have learnt how to take care of products. The management where very supportive and helpful. The workplace was lovely because it wasn't just one theme there was different areas and you noticed them.The hardest part of the job for me was trying to work at fast pace but i managed to do it and it improved my ability to work in a high performance area. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making sure they were have an enjoyable holiday.
Pros
meeting new people
Poor work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales5 November 2018
Just a number to them. Wouldn’t recommend them if you want a social life as well. Pay is horrendous. Don’t get paid for all the hours you work. Multi million pound company and pays less than minimum wage
Fantastic!
Lead Vocalist (Former Employee) –  Allhallows, Kent4 November 2018
Best place I have ever worked. I would love to continue next season in my seasonal post however, due to having a child on the way I'm looking to continue working from Dundee as I'm looking for a career rather than a job now.
Fun place not
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire1 November 2018
Managment dont care about there team. full of lies the best part about the job was the guys i worked with.hardest part of working there is lack of tools to do your job
fast paced, fun place to work
Expert self check accamodation cleaner (Former Employee) –  Scarborough30 October 2018
the accommodation side pays a good hourly rate for good staff. the downside is it's only a 12 hour per week contract. however there are often more hours available sometimes within other departments.
Pros
good pay
Cons
seasonal
Auditor
Caravan Auditor (Former Employee) –  Exmouth22 October 2018
Excellent company working with excellent people the only reason for leaving was relocation down to Plymouth for family reasons. Would have not left but for the relocation.
Pros
Good pay
fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk18 October 2018
Working with Bourne Leisure was a great experience. The people there were lovely and really helpful. They really made me feel part of the team. The hours were easy to cope with and it wasn't that far to travel as well. I received sufficient training and felt I could handle myself and if I struggled, members of staff were willing to help me and if I panicked they were there to calm me down and switched where I was working.