Bounty UK Employee Reviews

Bad management
photographer (Former Employee) –  North West3 August 2019
My time at Bounty was wonderful I enjoyed taking photos of the newborns and chatting to mums HOWERER management are horrible you are pushed into making sales and even going back to mums after they have said NO management expect you to take advantage of the fact that mums have just given birth and they are tired and vounrabol!! Not worth your time or stress!!
Avoid
Photographer (Former Employee) –  North West1 August 2019
I actually loved my time as a Bounty photographer. My hospital environment was fabulous, and I can’t thank the NHS staff for making me feel so welcome and part of their team. It was the dream job if it wasn’t for Bounty Management.

I worked within two territories, one being great! one manager was excellent, where I received lots of support and training. The other manager was horrible, and a bully- unfortunately this was my main hospital where I was contracted to.

The targets for my hospital were ridiculous, pressing mums to purchase when they’ve not long given birth or going through a difficult time. I only worked within the smallest hospital in the territory yet you’re still expected to hit these very high targets.

You would be name and shamed via email if you didn’t perform well, you were loved if you had a good shift, but practically ignored if you had a ‘bad’ day. There is a spam of emails/whatsapp messages every evening, and I would personally dread it if you’d not hit those targets.

Personally I just enjoyed taking the newborn’s photo’s and spending time with the mum’s. However the pressure of selling got me down, and I began to struggle with self confidence which ultimately ended up with me leaving.
Cattle farm
Territory Suppervisor/Photographer (Former Employee) –  London26 July 2019
It’s the same with all sales jobs when your selling well everyone loves you but even one day with low or no sales you are named and shamed. Management do sugar coat the whole experience for new mums and bounty representatives, but ultimately it is a very hard sell job. The staff turnover is extremely high because of low pay and exploitation regarding holidays. Most reps have no photography experience at all and are expected after just 5 days training to sell top quality photos to new mums. It’s an extremely sensitive environment and that combined with the unreasonable extremely high expectations this job warrants a much higher salary than they pay. I have ultimate respect for mums with young children who are the main employees of this job going that extra mile to make childbirth even more special and it’s a shame Bounty UK don’t value their staff on the frontline more
Pros
Getting to be part of a new life experience
Cons
Exploitation
Avoid like the plague
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough19 July 2019
They advertise as a photographer role when actually you are just a pushy salesmen. Unnecessary emails, whatsapp and silly spam culture. Inefficient management, bad salary.
The job itself can be very annoying as usually people are constantly asking you to come back another time because of million reasons, so you can’t be productive if baby is feeding, crying, fussing, fidgety, having skin to skin contact, being seen by a doctor, etc etc etc. That not to mention the people that just waste your time and don’t buy anything, or even worse, refuse to be seen by you.
After a short time the novelty wears off and all you see is a bunch of annoying babies, unwilling mums and too big for their shoes midwives.
Being on your feet the whole time without being allowed to sit, lunch, talk, or see your phone ever.
Pros
Flexible to leave at any time, short hours
Cons
Bad management, bad salary, pushy sales, unable to be productive, work on weekends
Awful company avoid! So disorganized
Bounty worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire28 June 2019
No leadership with manager. Managers take the credit for doing not alot.
Massive shortfall in support. Only good when you are doing all the work.
No recognition, low morale. Head office frosty and unfriendly. You would think you are going to a funeral parlour or wake. Long uninviting faces there.
Pros
Babies newborns
Cons
Comission only poor HR support that dont respond to complaints raised. Cant take holiday, sure thats illegal. Pushy sales encouraged
Not valued at all Just a number
Hospital photographer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 June 2019
Lovely lovely job when you see the smile on the parents faces and all those beautiful babies, if you love to talk with people it's great. Overall good job.
However, the pressure to make money and management are a shambles.

On your feet all day.
No flexibility with family life.

They show your progress in an email shame you in front of everyone in a group email.
As their way of incouragement. It's wrong just support and appropriateantion goes a long way.
As long as your pulling in numbers and providing good results you will be A Favourite.

If you don't make money or perform well forget it, your just a number

You get a generous amount of holiday, but can't have your holiday unless you arrange cover which you need to find yourself, on a weekend and holidays it's difficult.

No support from management.

Feed you a dream and its not that at all.

Pay is rubbish too, it's comisson based.
Pros
Meeting new people and no manager down your neck
Cons
High expectations some unrealistic, no loyalty or support from management
Miserable place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire10 June 2019
Only reason people stay here is for the pay rate, no career progression and no rewards, You will get demotivated daily and management don't have a clue.
Pros
Salary
Exploitation of new parents! Horrific
Photographer (Former Employee) –  London27 May 2019
I do not recommend this job.

The pressure to sell products to new Mums who may have only just given birth is disgraceful.
I felt like a vulture, preying on fresh meat.

If it was just giving out the freebies and saying hello like it used to be years ago it would be a very pleasant job.

Now it's all about sales, sales, sales!

These Mums are still fuzzy headed, tired and ache from childbirth, yet there we were trying to persuade them to have photos done and spend a fortune on packages that were highly inflated.

It's totally disgraceful.
A complete invasion of a precious time.

No wonder the Midwives aren't keen on Bounty terrorising their patients.
Pros
New babies, hours
Cons
Pressure to sell, invasion of privacy, poor pay
Was good when everything was running smoothly
Bounty Photographer (Former Employee) –  Burnley30 April 2019
Depends which hospital you are working at my base hospital was a great place to work but when I covered other hospitals that were not run quite as well it was a shambles.
There was no help or support from head office or management when there was bad publicity in the press which affected Bounty Reps at the coal face.
And Bounty don’t stipulate in there job advertisements, interviews, job offer or contract that most hospitals are on a 12 month rolling contract as each NHS trust negotiate contracts ever 12 months, so when the NHS trust that I was working in decided not to renew its contract with Bounty they didn’t bother to tell us up front I found out through gossip on the hospital ward and had to ring my manager to find out what was going on and was then told we were being made redundant. To add insult to injury there was a piece in the local press that the decision to end the contract with Bounty had been taken the previous year
But it took Bounty almost 5 months to tell it’s own employees.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Commission based wage and no support from management
Lovely job on paper
Photographer (Former Employee) –  West Sussex23 April 2019
Lovely job on paper, based in maternity ward get to see new born babies and have a cuddle. Get to have a chat with new parents in this special time. Unfortunately though this is mainly a sales job. And if you don't sell you don't earn. You get given a lot more stock than required and have to wait in on days off for deliveries. But producing such beautiful images for smitten parents is incredible and how happy they are and if they start crying proud tears it such a rewarding feeling. Hours suit around school kids and earning potential if your good can be great. But you do continuously get named and shamed on figures. Meant to be motivating but I found it very pressured. Lots and lots of messages on group chats. Lovely experience though and no experience required.
Pros
Baby cuddles
Cons
Sales
lovely job.
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes25 March 2019
Fantastic job based solely on comission.
Very rewarding emotionally but lots of pressure to deliver the results
Working with the babies and midwives was fun and different every day.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Variable income
Management are a disaster
Bounty rep (Former Employee) –  Uk20 March 2019
I worked as a Bounty rep for 4 years.

Working within the hospital environment is lovely, the nhs staff are very helpful and friendly and going into work is a pleasure. If this was a job working directly for the NHS it would be a dream.

However working fir Bounty is a disaster, the “management”are in reality poorly trained and probably earning less per hour than a good rep.

There is a culture of mistrust and paranoia amongst “management” who have a laughable grasp on HR , employment law , health and safety and data protection.
It’s a disaster waiting to happen, the level of back biting amongst management is at such a level that it’s a matter of time before one of them breaks ranks and whistle blows on the dodgy practices that they all adhere to.

Most off the head office staff are disinterested , untrained and give the impression that they are home workers who’ve had to turn the tv down to answer the phone,

The reality of working for Bounty is that day to day it’s a lovely job if all your looking for is pocket money, if your are lucky you will never have to deal with management as day to day your are practically self employed.

However when “management “start fighting with each other they will Start to pull you into silly playground style fights. This is all the more ridiculous when you work in a hospital environment where the nhs staff make high pressure life and death decions daily with dignity. And back at Bounty they are scrapping on a heap over nappy samples and sudocreme!
Pros
Meeting new mums and babies is a pleasure
Cons
Constant drama for little financial reward
Shocking
Dogs body (Former Employee) –  England25 January 2019
Worked for this company for a few years i dont know how i lasted this long to be fair, was constantly put under preassure to sell more even with fantastic results would be told could do better. Put on report like a naughtly school child when didnt hit targets. Told to wear more make up and chage hair style. Spoken down to and spyed on by manager. Wouldnt work for this company again if my life depended on it treat their staff worse than i would treat an animal. Wouldnt defend me when got bullied by midwifes who dont like bounty .
Pros
Seeing babies and meeting new people
Cons
Too many to list
Used
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire28 December 2018
Was given a job, which was lovely, new babies and all. I found out to my disappointment that within 3 weeks of starting my new job, my co-worker was going onto long term sick. apparently Management had known this was going to happen before I took the job. 6 months down the line when my colleague returned to work I was told, after covering xmas holidays etc that I was not selling enough photographs therefore they would have to let me go. I had run up and down the motorway picking up boxes of bounty packs . Had carted them to the hospital and onto the ward. I was spoken to like a naughty child when not reaching targets. I felt that mothers were put under pressure to buy very expensive photos soon after giving birth when all they wanted to do was rest. I thought I had accepted a great job when in fact I had accepted the worse job.
Pros
New babies.
Cons
Just a pushy sales job.
Awful
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Southampton11 December 2018
Horrible company to work for. Company make you feel pressured and publicly shamed if you don’t reach targets. Even when you’re not working you get hassled with texts and emails about figures and targets. Lovely job but unfortunately poorly run and awful pay
Pros
Lovely job
Cons
Low wage
Not great
Lady and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom19 September 2018
Focus on sales too much when mums are often tired and need a day of recovery/
Hardly any help withcove of job shares annual leave and sickness.
If you are sick you are expected to find cover for your job.
Have boxe upon boxes of stock in your home.
Not paid for extras such as returning faulty equipment back to a post office.
Lovely job. Horrible company to work for.
Portrait Photographer (Current Employee) –  Bristol25 August 2018
The setting of the job is lovely, new born babies, happy new families etc and the actual job is a nice job to have.
Management are horrendous and you are regularly 'shamed' for not producing the target amount of money taken per day in a daily email showing who sold what package that day.
The ideal of this job is great but it is a sales job and wages are mainly made from commission on your photo sales.
You store boxes of the bounty packs at your home address and have to take stock in to the hospital every shift.
Often midwifes are rude as they do not really appreciate 'sales people' on the wards taking money from mums at a vulnerable time.
Not a great job. Alot of work for not a lot of money or recognition from managers who are rude and intimidating.
Pros
Seeing babies, nice job setting
Cons
Rubbish pay
great job just pushy
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 August 2018
Fantastic job but with it been commission based pay you can feel very much under pressure to get the sale. You can feel very pushy trying to get sales off new mothers and family.
Pros
great hours and lovely people
Cons
commission pay
Not a bad job but could improve
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City3 August 2018
I worked not as a photographer but in Bounty's HQ supporting the field photographers. The team I worked in was fine minus one gent who would constantly undermine and talk down to me and others despite not even being part of my team. It would be nice if the some of the photographers actually listened to you when you try to help with their tech issues and not claim they were on the phone with you for 2 and a half hours when in reality they were only on for 10 minutes. at best.
Pros
Good pay, reasonable hours
Cons
Down talking co-workers
Do Not Apply
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham29 July 2018
I can only advise you do not apply for this role, absolutly dreadful company to work for, constant preassure to hit targets and when you do they up your target to a higher goal ( so you are never performing well enough) alway getting put down and made to feel you are not good enough for the company, threatening of job loss if you do not hit goals . Have to order and hold your own stock so need at least one spare room to hold it all. Mistakes with pay every month but never rectify their mistakes as they will tell you its “already been paid into bank now”. I could go on and on basically just dont apply unless you want to feel run down and depressed for little more than pennies an hour.
Pros
Seeing babies
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bounty UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5