Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Awful Management
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead10 November 2019
Horrendous workloads
A severe lack of staff
Middle management the worst I have ever come across in my working career. Treating certain people extremely badly yet others like royalty. Management should be there to support everybody, not just the ones who brown nose.
Difficult Manager but overall a great company.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire6 September 2019
I enjoyed working here and my team were fab, very supportive and helpful. Training was excellent and the company, being American, has a great attitude and really wants to improve its employees.

While my manager was brilliant. An alternative was Difficult and demoralising so in the end I decided to leave and pursue other avenues.
Pros
Company, team spirit and training
Cons
Difficult manager
A good place to work if you are in sales
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire17 May 2019
Compensation package is excellent, good offices and flexible working. However divisional structure is confusing, IT systems need updating and centralisation of support services in Europe limits job opportunities unless you relocate/travel.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Too much work, too little time
Challenging and engaging environment keeping Private and NHS customers receiving the best and most innovative medical products on the market
Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead24 March 2019
Great place to work.
Global business with good communications between each country.
Shared best practices.
Global teams as well as local teams ensure consistent working environment.
Pros
Growing business in a global market
Cons
Long commute
Excellent conditions to work in
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  County Galway17 April 2018
I loved working in Boston Scientific. I was studying for my Technicians Diploma at the time and it worked well into my study and work life balance. I was hoping a technicians role might come available while I was there but it did not so I moved on.
Work place
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire14 December 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed the years that I spent at Boston Scientific

I would still be there if a Reception take over had not made me redundant.

I was Customer facing, meet and greet - switchboard, responsible for incoming/outgoing post.
Produced employee access passes and liased with security.
Responsible for supplying stationery, drinks cartridges, business cards for the Company.
Called out engineers for any central heating problems and liased with building maintenance.

Oversaw weekly flower delivery and incoming lunches for meetings

Dealt with representatives and their requests, together with NHS hospitals and their requests.
Responsible for logging reps monthly expenses and forwarding on to Europe for analysis.

Dealt with any requests from office based staff.
Pros
Good working conditions, private health care, pension scheme
Boston Scientific
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ENG20 October 2015
Lovely enovironment full of ambitious people - not the kind of place you feel uncomfortable or out of place & a great place for progression.
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Administrator NM (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, ENG6 March 2015
Never before have I worked for such an awful, unprofessional and unorganised company.

Management have no back bone, lazy colleagues allowed to sit idly by whilst others struggle their way through the day.

Poor morale, poor communication throughout the company - especially on projects and day to day communication.

No one takes responsibility for their actions. Felt like I had to leave for my own sanity, as work was building up and working extra hours was making no difference at all.

Management push issues under the carpet and don't deal with problems.
Pros
36.25 hours per week
Cons
unpaid overtime, management