Borough Care Employee Review

View all Borough Care reviews

Awful company (head office)
Domestics (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 March 2019
Would not recommend working for this company at all, management is ridiculous, head office constantly putting in place "new rules" without any real sense of what actually goes on in the homes, constantly pushing staff to work beyond their abilities due to being understaffed. During my 2 years I witnessed so many staff leaving the job and going elsewhere because of how bad management is.
Head office VERY unprofessional, ignoring phone calls but then when I call from a different number they answer straight away.
Pros
Residents and fellow staff members
Cons
Official response from Borough Care
19 March 2019

I am sorry this is how you felt about your experience in Borough Care, all Employees here work towards ensuring that the residents receive the best possible experience and live their life in colour.

We always welcome feedback and if you ever want to discuss this in more detail you should contact HR.

Other Borough Care Employee Reviews

Bully Care not Borough care
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester30 August 2019
Avoid! Rubbish company, Board and all Senior Managers awful and are about as much us as a chocolate teapot. Poor pay and ineffective fluffy (and clueless) HR dept
Loved my time here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellcroft15 July 2019
I worked at one of the Borough Care homes from 2014 - 2016. This was my first care job and I loved it, the staff were so lovely, & I've met some genuine friends whilst I worked there, I only left as I wanted to go to the hospital, But even then I stayed casual for abit. I've considered going back on a few occasions, as the home I worked in was so welcoming and lovely.
And the home manager was amazing, his door was always open & helped me loads. Shame he left!

I think the pay could be abit better, ie: enhancements for weekends or nights. And I had a few bad experiences with agency staff that I worked with on nights, who clearly didn't care as much as regular staff and was only interested in sleeping
Pros
Manager and staff during my time there, residents, welcoming and clean home
Cons
Agency workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borough Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5