Borough Care Employee Review

View all Borough Care reviews

Avoid avoid avoid
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 February 2019
I currently work there the rate of pay for the job is shocking in a bad way I love the job residents an staff even the assistant managers are lovely but higher up are a waste of time no support for staff , long hours, rubbish pay, pressure all the time none stop running about for 12 hours the job is very rewarding but the company are disgusting always short staffed which results in lack of care on residents as there isn’t enough time yet we are always at fault for it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Rubbish company
Official response from Borough Care
25 February 2019

Thank you for your comments, we always want to hear from our staff good or bad. We're sorry to hear about this experience and want to listen. Kindly contact any member of HR or come to the staff forum so we can hear and support you.

Other Borough Care Employee Reviews

Bully Care not Borough care
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester30 August 2019
Avoid! Rubbish company, Board and all Senior Managers awful and are about as much us as a chocolate teapot. Poor pay and ineffective fluffy (and clueless) HR dept
Loved my time here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellcroft15 July 2019
I worked at one of the Borough Care homes from 2014 - 2016. This was my first care job and I loved it, the staff were so lovely, & I've met some genuine friends whilst I worked there, I only left as I wanted to go to the hospital, But even then I stayed casual for abit. I've considered going back on a few occasions, as the home I worked in was so welcoming and lovely.
And the home manager was amazing, his door was always open & helped me loads. Shame he left!

I think the pay could be abit better, ie: enhancements for weekends or nights. And I had a few bad experiences with agency staff that I worked with on nights, who clearly didn't care as much as regular staff and was only interested in sleeping
Pros
Manager and staff during my time there, residents, welcoming and clean home
Cons
Agency workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borough Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5