Borough Care Employee Review

View all Borough Care reviews

Rewarding job.
Care Senior (Current Employee) –  Stockport, ENG3 February 2015
I start at 8am. My first job is to read the hand over sheets and the communication book. I then do hand over and pass on all relevant information to the care staff and the house keepers If any resident requires a GP visit then I arrange this. I then administer and record the medication. I will check the well being of the residents. I would then check and update care plans if required. If there is a new admission or discharge then I would do the paper work for this. I would meet and greet the new resident and settle them in to there room.

In this job you can learn something new every day weather you learn it of the resident your work colleges or the doctors and district nurses

I work closely with the staff as they have first hand knowledge of the residents. I work well with management and my co-workers I take on board there advise. we are all one team working for the resident and if we work well together then the end result is excellent,

The hardest part of the job is when it comes to the end of life care package. This is an emotional journey for the resident family's and staff. The most rewarding part of this journey is how well everyone works to make it peaceful with a loving family atmosphere.

There are several enjoyable experiences in this job.
My personal one is knowing that all the work we do actually makes a difference to peoples lives by improving not just there quality of life but there family's as well.
Pros
Good working enviroment and training.
Cons
Shift pattern.

Other Borough Care Employee Reviews

Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester24 June 2019
Some of the deputy managers and seniors think they know it all don't have a clue who the residets are speak to staff like dirt and sur in office eating cake that's if they not flirting with residents family's in front of other residents if ur face doesn't fit they treat you appallingly
Pros
Lovely resident and some staff nice
Cons
Horrible company, useless HR.
Worst job ever!! (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester8 April 2019
I have never worked for such a bad company!! Managers always in heels bosing carers around. No hands on care.
Long hours unsocialble hours.
Never recommend this company to anyone. If you have a problem, HR is not worth talking to.
Pay is never right.
Official response from Borough Care
10 April 2019

Thank you for your comments, we always want to hear from our staff both good and bad and we are sorry to hear about this experience, we would urge you to contact any member of the Care / Operations team if you have any problems, we also have a staff forum that support when any members of staff feel aggrieved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borough Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5