Borough Care Employee Review

View all Borough Care reviews

Under staffed, over worked and under paid
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport2 February 2019
I really enjoyed my job when I started, I still enjoy working with my residents but feel it’s time to make a change and face new challenges. I feel borough care can’t offer me anymore than what I already do ie progress anymore as I don’t want to move upto senior role in borough care company. I need new challenges and want to progress in my career. I work 12 hour shifts with 30 lunch break and two 15 minute breaks, all staff are tired and it can be very stressful especially being short staffed.
Pros
Job satisfaction from my residents
Cons
Under staffed and to much expectations., especially trying to keep people safe when not enough staff to do so
Official response from Borough Care
19 March 2019

Thank you for your comments, we always want to hear from our employees. Borough Care always try to offer as many lateral moves as possible within the Company and take recruitment and staffing levels very seriously. If you would like to talk about this in any more detail, please feel free to contact HR.

Other Borough Care Employee Reviews

Bully Care not Borough care
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester30 August 2019
Avoid! Rubbish company, Board and all Senior Managers awful and are about as much us as a chocolate teapot. Poor pay and ineffective fluffy (and clueless) HR dept
Loved my time here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellcroft15 July 2019
I worked at one of the Borough Care homes from 2014 - 2016. This was my first care job and I loved it, the staff were so lovely, & I've met some genuine friends whilst I worked there, I only left as I wanted to go to the hospital, But even then I stayed casual for abit. I've considered going back on a few occasions, as the home I worked in was so welcoming and lovely.
And the home manager was amazing, his door was always open & helped me loads. Shame he left!

I think the pay could be abit better, ie: enhancements for weekends or nights. And I had a few bad experiences with agency staff that I worked with on nights, who clearly didn't care as much as regular staff and was only interested in sleeping
Pros
Manager and staff during my time there, residents, welcoming and clean home
Cons
Agency workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borough Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5