Borough Care Employee Review

View all Borough Care reviews

Don’t ever work here
Care Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stockport1 April 2019
Worked here for 3yrs loved it at first but job became unbearable. Long back breaking hours anything you do is never good enough pay is shocking and when you do get paid it’s never right and good luck trying to get what you’re owed. Left due to ill health and being unable to do the job anymore and because I didn’t work my full notice the lovely warm hearted company decided it was keeping my finial pay! Is that the sort of company you’d want to work for?
Pros
Cons
Official response from Borough Care
10 April 2019

Thank you for your comment, however we would never withhold pay for any member of staff even if they choose to leave us. please contact us so that we can talk about this and resolve any issues.

Other Borough Care Employee Reviews

Bully Care not Borough care
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester30 August 2019
Avoid! Rubbish company, Board and all Senior Managers awful and are about as much us as a chocolate teapot. Poor pay and ineffective fluffy (and clueless) HR dept
Loved my time here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellcroft15 July 2019
I worked at one of the Borough Care homes from 2014 - 2016. This was my first care job and I loved it, the staff were so lovely, & I've met some genuine friends whilst I worked there, I only left as I wanted to go to the hospital, But even then I stayed casual for abit. I've considered going back on a few occasions, as the home I worked in was so welcoming and lovely.
And the home manager was amazing, his door was always open & helped me loads. Shame he left!

I think the pay could be abit better, ie: enhancements for weekends or nights. And I had a few bad experiences with agency staff that I worked with on nights, who clearly didn't care as much as regular staff and was only interested in sleeping
Pros
Manager and staff during my time there, residents, welcoming and clean home
Cons
Agency workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borough Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5