Borough Care Employee Review

View all Borough Care reviews

Loved my time here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellcroft15 July 2019
I worked at one of the Borough Care homes from 2014 - 2016. This was my first care job and I loved it, the staff were so lovely, & I've met some genuine friends whilst I worked there, I only left as I wanted to go to the hospital, But even then I stayed casual for abit. I've considered going back on a few occasions, as the home I worked in was so welcoming and lovely.
And the home manager was amazing, his door was always open & helped me loads. Shame he left!

I think the pay could be abit better, ie: enhancements for weekends or nights. And I had a few bad experiences with agency staff that I worked with on nights, who clearly didn't care as much as regular staff and was only interested in sleeping
Pros
Manager and staff during my time there, residents, welcoming and clean home
Cons
Agency workers

Other Borough Care Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work with plenty of opportunities!
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Davenport, Cheshire12 November 2019
I have worked at borough care for over 3 years now and after nearly 9 years in the care industry, I can safely say it has been the best company I have worked for yet and I really do enjoy coming to work. I started off as a Peripatetic Senior Care Assistant and have worked in a few homes within the company, all have been welcoming and friendly. I have now worked myself up to become a Deputy Manager and find it so rewarding. The company values their Staff, homing in on in-house talent and giving Staff brilliant opportunities for career progression. The training borough care provide, I feel, is fantastic as they really do encourage Staff to enrol on to courses and gain more qualifications. I have found over the last year that head office and the hr team have excelled (even more) in making Staff feel appreciated, developing more perks for Staff and recognising everybody's hard work. I find the most enjoyable part of the job caring for our amazing residents and putting a smile on their faces, as well as working in a brilliant care home with a fantastic team and company! If you are wanting to work for a care company who look after their Staff, will allow you to excel in your career, give you perks, very good pay for the care industry and a happy atmosphere - then I'd say borough care is the place for you :)
Negative work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hazel Grove, Greater Manchester2 November 2019
The shift is 6 hours, but there is no time to do everything because other staff trash the supply cupboard and lose equipment, or leave it in bedrooms. A lot of time is wasted on tidying after other staff who leave trash and pads everywhere. Evening staff leave messy and dirty trolleys for me to clean up in the morning.That wasted time is my fault, somehow.

A lot of the other staff have negative attitudes and complain constantly. Some shout at residents and act very unproffessionally in front of staff, residents, managers etc.

Supposedly there are ways to advance, like apprenticeships, but when I tried to contact HR to apply for one they ghosted me.

The best training I got was from a visitor who decided to help me out in the laundry when I was working alone.

I like working with the residents, and have made a lot of friends. I liked a few of the other staff, and I loved working with a tight group of Housekeepers who stayed friendly and helped me a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Borough Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6