Borough Care

Borough Care Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Caregiver3 reviews
United Kingdom3 reviews
If you want a job badly, it's ok for now but it is not a long term job and I would not recommend it. All the carers I've met are amazing and deserve better and most of the seniors, management seem to care about how the home looks more than what the residents need and don't care that staff are stretched fin and trying to complete everything that is expected of them which is a never ending list of things that seems to grow weeke
By week.
Official response from Borough Care
17 December 2019
Thank you for our comments, we agree that all our carers & staff are amazing.

We understand that care seems never ending, but every resident deserves to live their life in colour and this includes the look and feel of their surroundings.

We would always learn more about your experience with us which is why we have staff reps, regular staff forums, surveys as well as team meetings and anonymous surveys.

if you want to reach out please write to us or email us.
Dont look after staff there fore they dont stay constant change over of management and staff you get no support what so ever worked for them for years nothing changed
I have worked for Borough Care for over 10 years, I now dread going to work each day. I have seen so many changes over the years but for the past 4 years things have got worse and worse for care staff. I can no longer understand how they retain their charitable status. The cut backs are so significant that the people who suffer the most are our residents. They still get the same kind of care as they always have done but the catering is now outsourced and most residents have to have families bringing in food to prevent their relative from getting hungry. My manager buys treats such as biscuits and chocs etc from her own money for the residents as they are limited to a couple of biscuits a day. Change sometimes is good and keeps morale alive but not here. I agree with the previous persons review about staff morale. You only have to look at how many staff vacancies Borough Care now have each week as they can no longer get staff to stay due to the stress over work under staffed and no incentives whatsoever to get staff to stay. I am finding myself in the situation now where I have signed up to an agency to work for someone else after all these years. A colleague of mine who has worked for Borough Care since the very early days got what mounts to £1.25 a year as a bonus for all those years of loyality hard work and dedication, that is an insult to anyone. If it wasnt for my own personal dedication of wanting to care for our residents i would have left a few years ago but thought things may improve, that has not been the case. It wont be long before CQC see for themselves - more...
Pros
Our lovely residents
Cons
over worked, inconsistency, stressed, no incentives, unhappy staff, etc etc