Borough Care Employee Reviews for Care Assistant in Stockport

Don’t ever work here
Care Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stockport1 April 2019
Worked here for 3yrs loved it at first but job became unbearable. Long back breaking hours anything you do is never good enough pay is shocking and when you do get paid it’s never right and good luck trying to get what you’re owed. Left due to ill health and being unable to do the job anymore and because I didn’t work my full notice the lovely warm hearted company decided it was keeping my finial pay! Is that the sort of company you’d want to work for?
Official response from Borough Care
10 April 2019

Thank you for your comment, however we would never withhold pay for any member of staff even if they choose to leave us. please contact us so that we can talk about this and resolve any issues.

Awful company to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester28 January 2019
Treats staff appallingly,never has enough staff on any given shift therefore employs agency staff who end up leaving all the work to the regular staff.
Management in the homes are shocking no care whatsoever for their residents only interested in making the buildings look good and money coming in.
Only good thing to come out of working here is gaining an nvq qualification and the friends made whilst working there.
Pros
Cons
long hours, awful management
Fun and fast paced, hard work.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester2 November 2017
This job was fast paced, hard work and the patience of a saint is needed. however, the job is also extremely rewarding. Helping residents suffering with dementia lead a normal life with the residential care home setting. No two days were the same and this kept things interesting. However, the work and home life balance is non existent in this line of work and that makes things difficult when also raising a family. The management was not a good lead, as the turn over rate for management and staff was great as the job is extremely demanding and highly stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the residents and working as part of a team with great like minded people that are all there for the same outcome which is to look after and care for the most vulnerable people in society.
Pros
helping vulnerable people
Cons
long, unsociable hours
Great Place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester9 February 2017
Borough Care is a great place to work. I have worked as a Care Assistant for over 10 years and each day is a challenge. The company look after you and I feel valued.
Pros
People
Cons
Fun place to work, productive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester1 February 2017
Great team management's and further training given.
fantastic group of staff,we all work as a team and we are efficient and good at are jobs
The company are always looking to build a better environment to work in
Pros
Great comunication within team
Cons
Long hrs