Borough Care Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Avoid avoid avoid
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 February 2019
I currently work there the rate of pay for the job is shocking in a bad way I love the job residents an staff even the assistant managers are lovely but higher up are a waste of time no support for staff , long hours, rubbish pay, pressure all the time none stop running about for 12 hours the job is very rewarding but the company are disgusting always short staffed which results in lack of care on residents as there isn’t enough time yet we are always at fault for it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Rubbish company
Official response from Borough Care
25 February 2019

Thank you for your comments, we always want to hear from our staff good or bad. We're sorry to hear about this experience and want to listen. Kindly contact any member of HR or come to the staff forum so we can hear and support you.

Awful company to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester28 January 2019
Treats staff appallingly,never has enough staff on any given shift therefore employs agency staff who end up leaving all the work to the regular staff.
Management in the homes are shocking no care whatsoever for their residents only interested in making the buildings look good and money coming in.
Only good thing to come out of working here is gaining an nvq qualification and the friends made whilst working there.
Pros
Cons
long hours, awful management
Hard work, stressful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester30 August 2018
Very fast paced, not always time to sit and chat with residents or families, no two days are the same, so lucky in one way.
Meals can be up and down, not always a second alternative or second helping, considering the fees that are charged, its outrageous,
one of the hardest parts of the job is that it seems like "rush rush rush" to get the residents ready in a morning like being on a time limit sometimes.
Change of management doesn't always bode well, specially when they seem to have no interest in staff and use foul language in the office.
Short staffed becomes a problem, but you are stil expected to work and care for 40+ residents no matter what.
No flexibility in hours either, even though borough care advertise it.
Pros
lovely residents staff and families
Cons
long hours, no flexibilty either
Fun and fast paced, hard work.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester2 November 2017
This job was fast paced, hard work and the patience of a saint is needed. however, the job is also extremely rewarding. Helping residents suffering with dementia lead a normal life with the residential care home setting. No two days were the same and this kept things interesting. However, the work and home life balance is non existent in this line of work and that makes things difficult when also raising a family. The management was not a good lead, as the turn over rate for management and staff was great as the job is extremely demanding and highly stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the residents and working as part of a team with great like minded people that are all there for the same outcome which is to look after and care for the most vulnerable people in society.
Pros
helping vulnerable people
Cons
long, unsociable hours
Great Place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester9 February 2017
Borough Care is a great place to work. I have worked as a Care Assistant for over 10 years and each day is a challenge. The company look after you and I feel valued.
Pros
People
Cons
Fun place to work, productive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester1 February 2017
Great team management's and further training given.
fantastic group of staff,we all work as a team and we are efficient and good at are jobs
The company are always looking to build a better environment to work in
Pros
Great comunication within team
Cons
Long hrs
care assisstant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cawood, ENG5 August 2015
Learned a lot about care, overall the job itself was very challenging but the people and my colleagues were all very welcoming.