Boots Employee Reviews

Lovely Place to work. One of my Favourite Jobs.
Customer Advisor P/T (Former Employee) –  London22 October 2017
I loved this Job. It was a fun place to work. the team was amazing. It did not feel like work. Boots always have things going on, and promotions, it made the job exciting. The management was amazing! An amazing place to work.
calm environment
No7 Advisor (Current Employee) –  london18 October 2017
fun place to work, able to progress with ease and at a comfortable pace. learning different things everyday and meeting new people everyday is the most enjoyable part
fun, busy, energetic and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester17 October 2017
I only worked there for one week but that time was great because there was always work to do and it was a new environment for me. I would get to work at nine and go straight up stairs to put my bag away then wait for the store manager to tell me what my duties were. I learned how to check if the stock was in the right place on the stock room and shelves. The hardest part of the job was working in the stock room because it is the heart of the shop and I had to be careful. the most enjoyable to part of the job for me was working on the shop floor and helping customers with queries they might have.
Pros
At the end of the week I got a free gift
Cons
For me there were no cons
OK first job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent16 October 2017
I started working at Boots at 17 as a Christmas temp and went on to become a full time employee. I was overworked and ran around for all the older employees. I was spoken down to by everyone older than me and it made my experience miserable. Like most jobs; management saw you as just a number and had no sympathy whatsoever.
Pros
reasonable discount
Cons
horrible management
very good place to work
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Worksop15 October 2017
I helped where i was needed, i learned how to take in deliveries and how to work on a till i also learned other aspects of retail work. Management was outstanding and helpful, the workplace was very nice and everyone was helpful. The hardest part was when i first started because it was new and he best part was meeting all the great staff there and helping all the customers and doing the job tat i was asked to do.
Pros
great staff
Good progression
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury15 October 2017
Very good at progressing you into the area in which you want to go whether it’s beauty, pharmacy or management. Can get an alcohol licence and first aid certficate if you volunteer.
Pros
Good progression
Cons
Weekends/pay
Fun and Rewarding
Healthcare Advisor (Current Employee) –  Forfar, Angus14 October 2017
We always try to help and advise our long standing customers who come back again and again, which says a lot for the locals and the great customer service we provide on a daily basis, i would like to think i have built up a great rapore with a lot of local people which makes for an enjoyable place to work, a typical day can start with a delivery, then our model day tasks and in between always serving the public, we have a great manager who supports us all and our given respect back, i mostly enjoy when i have had customers ask for me specifically, as i have helped them on many occasions before
Good place to work for
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon13 October 2017
i loved working here, they were good aguiding me to do things that offered me a full time job but i ended up going college instead. i do wish i took the chance to work tere again
I only worked here for my work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Northampton13 October 2017
I only worked here for my work experience, which was just 2 weeks. I experienced a work tasks in a few different departments, but not too much was shown to me as it was not a proper job.
comfortable place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derry13 October 2017
generally a relaxed place to work and all the colleagues were very friendly and helped each other where possible. required to assist people with queries and maintain the stores appearance.
Chrsitmas temp
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside12 October 2017
Working as a Christmas temp as my first paid job i learned many customer service skills. There was in store competition and incentives to help boost staff moral. Learning about stock and customer service set me up for a more permanent job.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Really good company, easy going and proffesional, really enjoyed working for boots. Still a shopper and would work at boots again if the oppurtunity ever came about.
Boot camp... difficult when teenagers are telling you what to do, when you’ve done the job for years,the whole working enviroment has changed so much
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire10 October 2017
Discount card , double discount in October. Spoken down to a lot, told I’m performing in my review, but morale is so low, the team I work with are fab and we make our own fun, I know an awful lot of people and really enjoy that side of it.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
No support at all
Meh
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport8 October 2017
Decent pay, not enough hours to go around so understaffed. Management are useless.
Bullying amongst staff doesn't seem to be a problem to management, they just pass it off.
Damned if you do, damned if you dont in this place.
Pros
Staff discount is alright
Cons
Management needs a real boost
Very boring and
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 October 2017
Very boring and un entertaining, I was very disappointed with my experience. The job required me to work very long hours at the age of 16. I was forced to stand at the front for many hours with a very small break.
Learning
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coulsdon, Greater London5 October 2017
When i worked at boots i was only 16 and was only there for a couple of weeks as it was for my school work experience but from what i remember it was a good, fun time that i enjoyed very much because the customers where very nice to me so i enjoyed that part od the job and i learnt a lot from there which i then took into my job when i worked at Tesco.
Would not recommend working here
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex5 October 2017
This is the worst company I have ever worked for, childish managers who talk about people behind their back. Only time they give you extra hours is when it suits them. Hard work and long hours.
Cons
An enjoyable place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan5 October 2017
A busy place to work and was made to feel at home by other employees. They were unable to offer me a permanent job as they had no budget left. Would like to return in future if the possibility arouse.
Brilliant
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Frinton-on-Sea4 October 2017
A typical day would be to put away delivery of medicines checking dates as we went and putting longest dates at the back of shelf in the right place. Everyone would have a task to do before the shop opened to ensure efficiency from the start of the day. Owing prescriptions would be filled first then the collection service next. Maintaining a clean and clear work area at all times. Walk in customers with prescriptions would be seen to quickly and efficiently, from greeting them politely and taking the necessary details, typing into the reception which linked to the computer in the dispensary. Someone would type the labels with all the legally required information on at the same time ensuring that the Prescription had all the legal fields filled in and signed by the Doctor. The customer would be told yes/no we have the items requested by the Doctor and order in or if necessary collect from our sister chemist if they had stock of the item. Reordering would be done as we went. The customer would be given a realistic time to wait and given the choice when to call back for the collection of their items. We also had a separate dispensary for servicing Care homes with medication in specially prepared packs and paperwork for each individual patient
to ensure ease, care and efficiency for the giving of required medication in a safe format due to the changing of staff on shifts etcetera.
The day was always fast paced but every prescription told a different story which was interesting and enabled empathy and consideration for the patient.
Great colleagues!
Pros
Exciting and interesting. Feeling of making a difference to the customer.
Cons
Just sometimes wanting/needing to do more.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London1 October 2017
It was great working there the parters were supportive and caring, the work environment felt safe and I managed to pick up many skills and friends along the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots. Our community is ready to answer.