Boots Employee Reviews

Found 1,176 reviews matching the search
Great place to experience customer skills
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Gorleston-on-Sea, Norfolk18 August 2017
Was great to work with such kind people. Learnt many things including cleaning the work places, safety in the work place and stock arrangements. Great
voulteer
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire18 August 2017
Helping in photo lab loading film checked negtives putting photo in evelopes provided making sure the same number code on evelope and negtives also you cut negtive in six at a time. They have many photo sizes you can also get photo on mug, canvas, placemats.
Pros
Bus ticket
Cons
short term
Very Friendly and Professional workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, Devon16 August 2017
For the week I was working there, it was a very friendly and welcoming environment to work in and around. I was made to feel like a part of the team and was taken seriously at all times.
Pros
Discounts, Flexible hours, friendly environment
Cons
Distance from home
Stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London15 August 2017
Working for boots was one of the hardest times I had, I never felt like I received support from my store manager & underwent many months of stress, depression & anxiety.
Customer assistant
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2017
A typical day at work would consist of working on the tills, helping customers who are having difficulties with finding their desired product as well as explaining the functions, benefits and things of that nature to the customer. Having a good rapport with your colleagues and management is key to making the store run smoothly as well as staying on your toes in case of a difficult situation was to come up.
poor
Warehouse Operative, full-time shift work (Former Employee) –  Nottingham14 August 2017
Don't apply here! bad hours. no appreciation really not many locals here. tough company to work for. very hard work too. no work life balance people are put under fear factor 3 strikes and you're out.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
no social/ familly life
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2017
Fun and easy going. Tolerate and understanding company. Although there are quite a lot of workloads, but it's still quite a decent company to work with.
good place to work nice staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London10 August 2017
I liked working for Boots would still be there if i had not been made redundant.my job was mainly photo, but went on tills about twice a day the company was very good to me after a long illness .Also done customer service helping customers to find goods.i enjoyed working with all the staff. we all worked together all the staff where very friendly .
Pros
staff discount
Cons
late nights
All round nice place to work
Ops (Current Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire9 August 2017
Since been a Christmas temp back in November 2016, I've absolutely loved being a member of Boots staff. Everyone's really nice and welcoming from your first day to now and make you feel welcome. Overall, great company to work for and can't remember life before working there now; even with me getting up at 4:15am each morning to bring the morning deliveries in, I love working there!
Highly recommend! :-)
Pros
Nice colleague relationships, discount
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 August 2017
Working in Boots was an amazing experience and something that i gained confidence from for working in the future. Staff were very polite, patient and welcoming and very professional.
Pros
Very welcoming and professional.
Cons
I didnt get as much time there as i wanted.
good pay
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Sussex8 August 2017
nice place to work very quite shop tho.nice staff very. pay is good. staff discount is good on boots own products and our.staff room is like a waiting room. locker room is spacious
Review
Chemist, Work (Former Employee) –  Hempstead and Wigmore5 August 2017
I would organise and count the stock. Stack shelves and organise the shelves. I would also interact with the customers. I enjoyed mostly interacting with customers and working with the stock. I learned how to check stock/
Great place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant2 August 2017
Working with boots was very hectic but enjoyable, colleagues were lovely and hard working and every day was different. managers were sometimes harsh and very hard to work with sometimes but they made sure we would get the job done.
Horrendous.
Healthcare Advisor (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport31 July 2017
Boots is by far the worst company you could work for. Management never have a clue what they're doing. No staff. Having to do 4 peoples job at once. Get spoken down to constantly. Get treated badly. Worst atmosphere.
Pros
Discount card
Horrible
Beauty Advisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 July 2017
Awful untrained staff, Managers didn't have a clue how to do their job properly. I was underpaid nearly £3000 whilst working for this company. Would avoid at all costs.
Nice place to work
No7 Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hampshire27 July 2017
Good wage and benefits. Friendly and lively atmosphere.
customers can sometimes be hard, especially around christmas.
Nice managers and staff, easy to get on with.
Loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon26 July 2017
I worked for boots Plymouth as a Christmas temp and ended up getting a job there (have since moved on as I got a job in the career I wanted) - absolutely loved the majority of the management they were very kind, considerate, they really care about you and they didn't take life too seriously so i really felt like I could talk to them if I needed to. As a staff member you're not just 'a number' here.
Pros
Discount card, hour lunches, friendly staff.
Cons
0 hour contract
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire26 July 2017
During my time at boots I learnt a wide variety of different skills from operating a cash register for card, cash and cheque transactions, to learning how to approach customers in a friendly manner and developing my customer service skills.
Pros
flexible work hours
not flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torbay, Devon24 July 2017
Weekend working is expected and is not flexible. Good wage and good discount. Lovely people to work with could just do with a bit more support from managers.
Pros
discount, salary
Cons
management, weekend work
Worst company I've worked for.
Beauty advisor (Current Employee) –  Dorset24 July 2017
When I started at Boots, I loved it. But as time has past they have cut the staff, lowered the budget and overworked everyone. Myself and my coworkers are constantly stressed, we all do serveral jobs at once because people who have left or were fired have not been replaced leaving us to tidy up the companies mess! When I reached out for help I had little to no response and when I talk to my manager about how I feel I'm told there's nothing we can do!
Pros
Good pay for a shop job
Cons
Not enough staff leaving everyone stressed!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots. Our community is ready to answer.