Boots UK Employee Reviews

Found 2,840 reviews matching the search See all 3,015 reviews
Awful company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands19 May 2019
Where do I start? I have worked for this company for many years and what I change it’s been, I could no longer work here as this company does not care about its employees what so ever. If your face doesn’t fit you are in for a hard time with this company. Management are terrible and have no idea how to run a store, I think it must be a quality this company look for when taking on new mangers as it seems to be across the board and not just the store I worked in. No perks, perks that you received from being a long term employee were removed. Work load became too much staff were few and far between and customers were lost due to inadequate staffing. You are also expected to stay behind to work for no extra pay
Pros
My colleagues
Cons
Your hours are changed every two minutes, so don’t plan on having a life outside of work!
Need major improvement
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom18 May 2019
I have been with boots since I left school and in the 4 years I have worked for them they have very rapidly gone downhill. We are consistently short staffed, store management doesn’t care, assistant management judgemental and cliquey. Always made to feel uncomfortable for being honest!! Brushed this off due to loving my job itself but now I have had all of my hours changed working weekends non-stop meaning my work/life balance no longer exists. Trying to plan a wedding whilst working 5 weekends with one off is not easy!!!
Leave my job crying every day and can not wait to leave. No management are interested and just bully staff out of the shop.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management and hours!!!
Productive, heavy lifting
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Street Station17 May 2019
Can be boring
Hours were decent
Heavy lifting is done from deliveries
Not much allowance
Management were nice
Good location, a lot of food places to eat for lunch
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tiring
Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire16 May 2019
Really enjoyed my time at Boots, and am only moving on to fulfil my dream of becoming a nurse. Really rewarding having to help customers and having a great work force behind me.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Understaffing
Awful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead16 May 2019
The manager was sitting all day in his office and just did two five minute rounds around the store in the morning and before going home. All work left for the assistant managers and the staff. If you’re outspoken they try to get rid of you. Awful atmosphere when you feel one mistake and you will be sacked. Manager goes home two hours early most days although he should be there till end of day. Very unprofessional manager and difficult to talk to. Not interested in solving any issues. I was put to work without any training and the manager couldn’t be bothered to train me. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Terrible management
Beware
Previous Employment (Former Employee) –  Somerset15 May 2019
Customer lead only!!! No employee loyalty. No staff. No support. Slowly breaking you to your lowest. Company shifted over the past few years and no longer a caring company really destroying the house hold valued name most have grown up with. Shame on you Boots!
Pros
Double discount
Cons
Lack of empathy care and loyalty to STAFF
Worst place to work ever!!!!
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 May 2019
I would highly recommend to anyone NOT to work here.

It has by far been the absolute worst company I have worked for. The comments mentioned by others are just the starting point to be honest.

A total waste of 7 years of my life
Customer always right??
Pharmacy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough15 May 2019
As long as you are a customer then Boots is for you. Management dont care about staff, you follow the Boots 'careplan' for selling medicine but as soon as you tell a customer 'im sorry your high blood pressure means i cant sell you this item/im sorry these are travel sickness tablets and not licensed for sale for vertigo' thats when the abuse starts. Shove it up your ??? only they used stronger language and I was regularly sworn at. Then they complain to management and get lots of advantage card points. When i asked about signage as back up to say abuse of staff not acceptable i was told nothing available. Now ive left the signs are up! Never been so verbally abused in a any job and management just didnt care. Single people without a social life are preferred as you will need to work till 8/9pm, Saturdays and Sundays.
Pros
Staff discount/hourly rate
Cons
Management/customers
Bog standard corporate company who don't care for their staff
Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Prefer not to say13 May 2019
The company has bandied about progression opportunities but when it comes down to it, they will state there are no positions left on the courses for you to progress. As most corporate companies do, they put the customer first over the well being of their staff and often leave understaffed and overworked. They try to 'champion' patient safety yet allow stores to bypass set guidelines in the name of 'getting the job done at all costs'.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay for what is expected, poorly managed, out of touch head office, senior managers without a clue on how to work in a store, no progression
Christmas Temp
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Terminal 512 May 2019
I worked there for about a month as a Christmas temp. I have worked for Boots before and enjoyed working for them. But I can't say the same after working for them last Christmas. Mangers are Hostile to temps.
Pros
Workers
Cons
Management.
Pharmacy Assistant
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sturminster Newton12 May 2019
Boots were good to work for, it was a small store and it was difficult at times with the amount of customers for the amount of staff working in the pharmacy.
Good company
PDC Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  North Scotland, Angus & Fife, Edinburgh & Borders10 May 2019
Oportunities if you want them.
You get out what you put in
Pay not the best but colleage discount card good
In this role you can make a difference
Company processes are all there for guidance
Fun workplace
Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Petersfield10 May 2019
Overall, working at boots was great. However the particular branch I worked in was not. Particularly, staffing issues. There was a clear lack of staff and nothing was done about it at the time. However, the people I worked with and management were great.
Pros
The people
Cons
Not enough staff
really nice place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire9 May 2019
while I was working for boots this was a lovely place to work. the staff were really friendly, respected me for the knowledge I had in the store. customers were good, repeat customers valued my experience and knowledge.
Pros
discount
Cons
wages
During time at boots,I was worsure a lot but had a lack of jobs to do,I learned how to handle situations if situations like spillages,c
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 May 2019
During my time at boots, it was a typical day I had to work 9-3 I had a hour long lunch break which was very pleasant and I had various jobs such as shelf filling,price check,checkouts,and customer service.
Cons
Quite long hours
Productive and fantastic
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent9 May 2019
Meet and communicate with new people everyday whilst working. Following different tasks and trying new things. Trying out different ranges of perfumes when released.
Pros
Good hours of work
Cons
Short breaks (15 mins)
good environment
Boots Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London9 May 2019
The team was very friendly upon my arrival for work experience.I was able to learn many skills with them. There management team always knew what needed to be done and where.

i enjoyed being able to work as a team with the staff and seeing what i was like to work in a busy and well known company.
good
General sales (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London9 May 2019
good place,however very quiet at some periods of time, lack of management but overall a very good place to work and make some experience up. I would totally recommend
was fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire8 May 2019
i enjoyed this everyone was nice and welcomng i learnt to build my skills which showed me how far i came i build relationships with customers and i really enjoyed it
Pros
professional
Cons
long hour
Worst employer ever
Pharmacy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire8 May 2019
Worked for them for two years. I have several disabilities they couldn’t care less. Favouritism and bullying by staff and management is rife. Worked in dispensary and never felt so unwanted and uncared for in a job. Employees don’t matter you are just a number and treated like dirt. The discounts and bonuses and samples/gwps were good but overall more needs to be done to curb bullying and poor management/understaffing
Pros
Discounts/samples/gwps
Cons
Bullying, favouritism, lack of job satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.

51K