Boots UK Employee Reviews

Very stressful and management does not care
Nope (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland5 December 2017
Boots is extremely unstaffed and management does not care. Very stressful work environment with no help from either co-workers or management. There has been countless times I have came home in years and now ended up on medication due to the stress levels in the work environment. With extremely long waiting times for a prescription you’ll will have to deal with complaints from upset customers and management that does not even acknowledge the problems but will turn the blame back on you, with countless times I’ve broken down on the counter due to getting no help to serve customers or help deal with complaints. Targets they set are ridiculous and cannot be met due to being extremely unstaffed. Furthermore when you are a new person in the store it is very hard to fit as boots stores are very cliquey.
In short unless you like being treated like dirt in a very stressful work environment getting no help whatsoever this job is for you.
Pros
The money is alright
Cons
Management is poor, unstaffed, extreme stress and impossible targets.
Terrible place
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Beeston, Nottinghamshire4 December 2017
Sweatshop horrible place to work, management don't care all Eastern European and there treated terrible the people who buy products from boots would be horrified by how they were treated. Hopefully someone will secretly film how staff are treated and bring this up to current date instead of victorian times. Do not work there!!!!!!!
Pros
The day I left
Cons
All ways on your back to work hard and want more from you
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth4 December 2017
Want you to do more hours than you can staff you work with can put a load on you to do y thay do nothing so it can be hard on your feet allday so wear flat shoes
Need to know the politics
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London3 December 2017
Boots used to be a company where they cared about colleagues, now they are greedy and hungry for every penny they can get. No work life balance at all. The senior management make you work extremely hard, it's impossible to not think/worry about work when you leave the place. The phone keeps going off. They expect you to be there all the time. There is no appreciation for any extra work you do.
Pros
Pay is good for customer assistants, wouldn't recommend management unless you have a filthy politics mind
Cons
make you work like dogs and no appreciation
Worst place I ever worked
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex2 December 2017
Overall might be a good company to work for but the store I was in was uncapable of doing their job. Managment was misarable. Never got paid the right amount so you had to run after your money, waited ages to get a till number (3 months) and namebadge (6 month). My staff discount card didnt even arrive by the time I left the store. My adress never got changed in the system when I moved so p45 got send to my old flat (after 6 months of moving out of there) you had to ask managment a million times when you needed something and even then you got lucky when she provided you with the information. (Holiday days, training etc) on counter was a constant level of anxiety of not being good enough and all you got from managment was pressure. I could go on with my list for ages but I think these are the main problems.
Pros
Salary (if you get paid right)
Cons
Not paid the right amounts, managment!!!!!
Work Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham2 December 2017
I did work experience with Boots for 3 days, I loved helping customers find what they needed, stocking up on cosmetics, skincare, medications, food, drink
Pros
long lunch breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire2 December 2017
I had a really good experience with Boots.I did it as part of my work experience from school and a really enjoyed it.The people there are so nice and helpful and you can get along with them easily and quickly,
Was good job all round
Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire1 December 2017
People were brill had great time here good atmosphere got the work done had a laugh just a shame not long enough hours but all in all great job for people
Pros
Great
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun but Nepotistic
No7 Advisor (Current Employee) –  Loughborough1 December 2017
It used to be a brilliant company to work for but its becoming more and more about who you now rather than who works the hardest. There isn't much consistency between branches and a lot of the reward has been removed since Walgreens purchased the company.
Pros
Pay is quite good
Cons
Very pressured.
Boots are the eorst employers
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northumberland29 November 2017
Over worked, under paid for the level of stress the company put onto it's employees, employees are just a number and not appreciated. Customer Care and safety is disgusting.
Terrible
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire29 November 2017
The staff were rude and patronising. If you're throwing up they don't care they'll still have a go at you. There was no staff morale and nobody was happy to be there apart from the managers who strutted about like they are the queen
Fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent29 November 2017
Loved working here even though it was for a short time made ro feel very welcome by all staff and mangers were amazing dealing with problems all training provided
Environnement de travail désagréable
Stagiaire Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire27 November 2017
Environnement de travail désagréable au sein du groupe boots
Was a great work experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff25 November 2017
Staff were absolutely lovely and really helped me gain experience in the retail department even left with a few gifts! Uniform was good just black clothes.
Pros
Lovely staff
27 November 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. It makes us feel so good to know that your colleagues made you feel very welcome during your time on work experience!

Not the worst job
No7 Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria25 November 2017
Good working hours. Flexible on working life. Good learning and development structure. No commision structure just self salary. Fantastic place until you leave,
Pros
Development
Cons
Pay
27 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback; it's great to hear how you feel about working hours, work/life balance and learning and development.

ok first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford24 November 2017
boots as an overall place to work is fine but i believe that they need a lot better management. I learned to work in a team as well as keeping good time keeping skills.
Pros
discount cards
Cons
very repetitive
27 November 2017

Thanks for your feedback - this will be passed on to management to be reviewed.

It was fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire23 November 2017
Long days, sitting there watching them. Started work experience during 2015 summers to end of summer.

Employers was nice and friendly shown me different systems and how everything is run.
Pros
Good experience, Fun
Cons
Long days, paying for lunch.
Not as good as it used to be
Acpt (Current Employee) –  Cornwall22 November 2017
The government cuts has made this industry a very difficult environment to work in as patient safety is always number 1 but with any business they need to make money so there are a lot of targets and pressures. They provide training and continually developing ways to improve, but sometimes this can become a distraction from what's really important. Their benefits are always changing and nothing is guaranteed.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
High pressure, short staffed
okay working enviorment
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset22 November 2017
Currently still working at boots, good pay however never much overtime. all the staff are lovely and so helpful if you are stuck on anything, good for people with a full time contract at boots.
Pros
pay
Cons
not much overtime
Work Experience
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Chatham22 November 2017
I only worked there for two weeks as part of my work experience. However, it was a pleasant environment all of the staff were friendly and in all I enjoyed my experience there.
27 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback; it's great to hear you enjoyed your work experience with us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.