Boots UK Employee Reviews

great place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Petersfield7 June 2018
it is a great place to work
the staff are nice i get on with them
i enjoy cleaning at Boots
the hours are good
i just get on with the cleaning and i do help the staff
Productive workplace
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 June 2018
I learned to become more independent by dealing with tasks alone and coming up with solutions efficiently. I gained valuable experience, which has helped me in every day life.
Do not work for boots!
Store-Based Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Brigg5 June 2018
No support. High and impossible targets to achieve. Boots don't care about customers or their staff - only PROFIT! PROFIT! PROFIT! Worst company to work for.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Immense pressure, horrible working conditions
Worst company I’ve worked for
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 June 2018
Boots have gone horrifically down hill, all about profiting and not about the safety of staff! Staffing cuts are made to an unsafe standard and staff are often on sick due to stress and being over worked. There are still some lovely staff working for boots but the majority of them have been bullied into leaving or having left due to better opportunities pretty much anywhere else
Pros
Half decent pay rate
Undervalued
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
Get asked to do more than my job description on a daily basis, seriously under staffed every day. Management love to hold you responsible for anything that they find wrong, even if you had nothing to do with it.
Productive and nice work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
Staff were very nice and management was generally nice. Most enjoyable part was customer service sometimes going to stock room can be tedious however it is apart of the job.
boots
During my time as Hub Manager (Former Employee) –  Barnet2 June 2018
its a long time since I worked for them so I am sure a lot would have changed, there was a great management team good opportunities and great pay , enjoyed my time there
productive
Retails Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 June 2018
it was a good place to get some decent retail skills and helped me gain my confidence with customers etc however because it is a quiet shop and not that busy, the day was long and break was short
fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
easy to work in groups and learning new things is easy. working with a range of people from old to young. daily tasks were different allowed me to challenge myself to do new things
Not Enjoyable
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire31 May 2018
Didn't enjoy working at this store. A typical day entailed stocking the department. I didn't get much training or help at all and after a few weeks was expected to know everything about the store and everything in it. My hours were 11-8 and then changed to 12-9 without option and had to work weekends. Management did not seem to have much care for their staff.
Pros
A generous store discount
Cons
Long hours, undesirable shifts

Want to know more about Boots UK?

Ask a question
fun workplace at our store.
Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hornchurch30 May 2018
I enjoy working with customers and dealing with queries. And working with a great team. I have learned a lot about medication and advising customers. And have recently learned about the pharmacy side i.e dispensing medication.
Its okay to work there
Reach Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent30 May 2018
Its not a bad place to work however they do enjoy making you work what should have been your day off. The pay isn't bad however the management like to pick favourites out of the staff and if your working on the FLT the targets are too high for what can be done safely
good
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham29 May 2018
Working at boots is good, its retail so you get your fair share of annoying customers but the pay is very good! I worked with some some interesting people.
Boots
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 May 2018
This shop sells products at a reasonable price,employees/employers seem to be nice and helpful,there’s never congestion in boots shops
You can easily find what you want and there are various products you can find in boots from skin care/healthy care and hair care
Pros
Getting off early from work
Cons
It feels like a very safe environment to work in.
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea28 May 2018
i enjoyed my work experience at boots because it was a fun and safe environment to work in. The people were very friendly and kind and would help me if i was finding anything difficult.
Pros
safe environment
Cons
nothing
Mixed
Store Manager and pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Streatham27 May 2018
Salary is competitive but it is slightly detached from pharmacy role. You become more a shop keeper. There is flexibility to work around the country and career progression is good providing you are ruthless and target motivated.
enjoyable place to work
General Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Eaton26 May 2018
nice place to work. lots of different people from different backgrounds. lots of work to do so you're never bored. can sometimes be a little bit repetitive.
Pros
fair wage
Cons
repetitive
productive and a fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire24 May 2018
It was very exciting working in boots with the different team members and working with makeup and beauty, I would recommend this to anyone looking to work in the retail industry
Pros
working in a team
Cons
hours
great place
Christmas part time temp (Former Employee) –  Bracknell23 May 2018
Boots was a great place to work for, over the Christmas period, every member of staff I worked with were friendly and helpful. There was a variety of tasks to deal with, the pay was great, even for a weekend job.
It was productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 May 2018
I only spent a week (working experience) i got some valuable experience but the management was a bit all over the place and some of the workers didn’t really ackowledge i was there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.