Boots UK Employee Reviews

Stressful and a lot of pressure.
Trainee Pharmacy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eaton, Norwich13 June 2018
I found the store wasn't a comfortable environment to work in. Typically you'd be dealing with a higher amount of customers than the staffing level can accommodate for and the prescriptions are always late and majority were not started on time (if they make it back to the store). The hardest part of the job is being able to step away and have a life outside of your job. Many colleagues left due to increased amounts of unnecessary pressure and stress that an average employee shouldn't have to be even facing as those particular problems should be dealt with by the management.
Pros
Pays extremely well
Cons
Long hours, Expected to work more than contracted, Limits your life outside of work
Massively understaffed
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 June 2018
I worked in the pharmacy within Boots. Understaffed to the point that it was dangerous. Mistakes frequently made with medicine due to not having enough colleagues to do the job properly and everything being rushed. Expected to stay on at least 15 minutes every single day without being paid to lock up the store. Tills are ancient and do not work properly. Terrible management with a bullying culture. Staff discount good and pay not horrendous but would not recommend long term.
Pros
Pharmacy dispenser training, discount, nice colleagues
Cons
Understaffed, awful management
Productive and unstressful
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire12 June 2018
Easy place to work with decent work benefits and good hourly pay.
Little to no room to work extra hours.
Management consistently unorganised and unreliable. Have gone without payment for extra duty worked and must force management to record hours. Poor communication with staff.
Pros
Decent wage and holiday
Cons
Unorganised
awful company to work for
Care Homes Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 June 2018
awful company to work for i worked in pharmacy where it was under staffed. i was a manager and complained about staffing issues and no one cared really disappointing company to work for the wages were rubbish with no pay rises. i was a manager but paying some of my staff below me more money than i earned it was an absolute joke don your self a favour and work somewhere else.
Pros
leaving this job
Cons
everything
Fair Pay
Health Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon12 June 2018
Since I started working for Boots as a temporary Customer assistant, I have been able to advance to a Healthcare advisor. They are very good in helping you to do this.

The management team are very good.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to help someone. We can deal with problem customers on a daily basis.

The people I work with are all very nice and enjoyable to work alongside.
Management are negative and demotivating
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland11 June 2018
Nothing is ever good enough. Very target driven environment which I have always found motivating but working for Boots drained my enthusiasm. Even when targets kpi ‘s were achieved no encouragement or praise was given.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Loss of all enthusiasm for job
Brilliant training opportunities and friendly atmosphere.
pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 June 2018
Mostly Busy stores, with a range of services provided in store. Can be understaffed at times. Provide opportunities to develop and train for services. Great colleges and friends with friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Great Training opportunities
Cons
Late Shifts
fun
Christmas Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands10 June 2018
Was my firs ever job, and was made to feel welcome from the start.

Good structured training, so you never felt like you didn't know what you was doing.
Diverse and opportunities to progress.
Pharmacy advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset9 June 2018
I very much enjoyed starting as a Christmas temp and was not intent on staying long. After the contractual period terminated i was identified and put forward as a candidate for a pharmacy advisory role for which i would be trained. I was given the opportunity to work towards a managerial role thereafter, which i was told could arise within the next two years. I was trained by Boots to a high standard within the pharmacy and had outstanding colleagues to learn from. However, as i did not see my professional career continuing down this path i decided to leave. Despite this, the opportunities are there for those who work hard and want to succeed. Although, for those who do not hold university education or the work experience may be someone less progressive and require far greater efforts to stand out.
Pros
Professionally trained staff, good hours
Cons
Pay is not enough within the pharmacy roles. Both for pharmacists
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
I learned many skills such as stock control, working on the tills and stacking shelves. boots is a very good job tiring but worth it. my favourite was working on tills.
Pros
fun
Active
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Boots is my first retail company. Only part time but fantastic atmosphere. Met lovely people along my journey.

Definite career progression if putting in the work.
Pros
Time goes by very quick
Cons
no cons
I think that boots doesn’t really have a lot of benefits when it comes to working there and it’s boring. But
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  East London8 June 2018
At boots days were pretty boring, there wasn’t much to do and the store was normally quite. However I learned quite a few things there. Apart from how to manage the till and price check, I also improved enormously my face to face selling skills.
Pros
Nice working environment, gain of experience
Cons
Short breaks and dull hours.
great place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Petersfield7 June 2018
it is a great place to work
the staff are nice i get on with them
i enjoy cleaning at Boots
the hours are good
i just get on with the cleaning and i do help the staff
Productive workplace
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 June 2018
I learned to become more independent by dealing with tasks alone and coming up with solutions efficiently. I gained valuable experience, which has helped me in every day life.
Do not work for boots!
Store-Based Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Brigg5 June 2018
No support. High and impossible targets to achieve. Boots don't care about customers or their staff - only PROFIT! PROFIT! PROFIT! Worst company to work for.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Immense pressure, horrible working conditions
Worst company I’ve worked for
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 June 2018
Boots have gone horrifically down hill, all about profiting and not about the safety of staff! Staffing cuts are made to an unsafe standard and staff are often on sick due to stress and being over worked. There are still some lovely staff working for boots but the majority of them have been bullied into leaving or having left due to better opportunities pretty much anywhere else
Pros
Half decent pay rate
Undervalued
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
Get asked to do more than my job description on a daily basis, seriously under staffed every day. Management love to hold you responsible for anything that they find wrong, even if you had nothing to do with it.
Productive and nice work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
Staff were very nice and management was generally nice. Most enjoyable part was customer service sometimes going to stock room can be tedious however it is apart of the job.
boots
During my time as Hub Manager (Former Employee) –  Barnet2 June 2018
its a long time since I worked for them so I am sure a lot would have changed, there was a great management team good opportunities and great pay , enjoyed my time there
productive
Retails Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 June 2018
it was a good place to get some decent retail skills and helped me gain my confidence with customers etc however because it is a quiet shop and not that busy, the day was long and break was short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.