Boots UK Employee Reviews

Great company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chard3 July 2018
great atmosphere in the workplace, a small branch of Boots, in those days there was a canteen to eat lunch, so no wasting time finding a place to eat, a yearly bonus, overall brilliant
Pros
good hours of work
Cons
bus service difficult to get there and back
Makes a good pitch to employees and applicants, but doesn't follow through.
Boots Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 July 2018
Very overworked and underpaid. Staffing seems to be the bare minimum but that doesn't get addressed. Very target/number focused. Certain people get treated differently to others. Upper management are inept and don't seem to have concern or appreciation for staff. Some stores aren't very organised. Often promised something but never get it or see it happen. Stress is common.
Pros
Discount is good, big company so job security is mostly safe, really great people in most of the teams
Cons
Pay is not competitive, minimum resources to do your job but expected to make targets regardless, treated as a number, not a person.
rewarding place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk29 June 2018
I enjoyed my work-experience at boots. It taught me alot to do with the retail sector and it is something that has stayed with me through the years. i learnt of many different jobs that boots entitles....i learnt about being out on the shop floor and about stock taking and stacking shelves,learnt about helping customers and selling make up and what it is like to work in the dispencery. displays and fire drills and health and safety. very friendly enviorment.
Pros
lockers provided for stuff
Cons
Management need to step up
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  Scottish Borders29 June 2018
Management are an absolute joke! They pretend to care about you then will just gossip about you with colleagues behind your back, and everyone seems to be very too faced. They can be very unprofessional and quick to dismiss issues because it's too much effort for them. I do not feel like a valued member of staff, and any suggestions I make on how to improve are quickly dismissed as well. I'm fed up with dreading coming to work because I know there will be 101 problems to sort out due to miscommunication or pure laziness.
Pros
Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2018
A typical day at work consisted of laughs and hard work. Stocking shelves and assisting customers in various different departments all done within a 9-5. As days went by during my experience I learnt so many new skills. Such as quality customer service and all the other things a sales assistant needed. The workplace culture was pretty diverse, there were so many different faces and voices and they all made me feel comfortable and welcomed. The hardest part of the job was continuing the hard work throughout the entire day but this helped my build resilience. The part I enjoyed the most was encouraging customers to revisit the store and seeing their faces on another day, helping me notice I was actually good at my job.
Pros
Free lunches
Good money, busy enviroment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 June 2018
Extremely busy around holidays, hard work, many customers. Customers can get fed up quickly, not enough till staff sometimes therefore long ques and more aggression from customers.
Good pay, management change frequently
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate28 June 2018
Good pay
Management change frequently
Always extra shifts available
Hire young people
Good working environment
Sometimes quite boring
On your feet alot
Give you the chance to progress in different roles.
Boots Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire28 June 2018
You are given the chance to try out new roles within the store.
Staff are friendly and very helpful.
Learn to understand customers and very rewarding when they acknowledge your help.
Learn about new fragrances and new trends within the beauty market.
E-learning making learning more enjoyable as can be done from home.
I have learnt a lot within Boots and gained a good understanding of the many types of customers than use the store , great satisfaction working in the beauty side.
Would recommend
Pros
Staff discount card
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2018
The staff were overrun and expected to do things that were well beyond their skill set- hopping on pharmacy, fragrance or makeup counters. Worked well beyond contracted hours and threatened when questioned it. Was hired for a part time permanent position then fired (mid work day) after the Christmas period. No regular breaks, barely enough time for a sandwich. They also underpaid me multiple times and I never saw this money again.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours, missing pay never given, unreasonable management, no honouring of contract
Seasonal work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Thurrock Essex26 June 2018
This was only a seasonal position but the management squeezed everything out of you possible. You were constantly reminded that it was a seasonal position and that any wrong move would terminate your contract.
rewarding and enjoyable
Customer service/healthcare advisor (Former Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire25 June 2018
on the day I was there all day, stock had to be put out first thing, in between helping customers, varied queries were answered, the customers were friendly. Management were caring and friendly, all staff were hardworking. Hardest part, not enough staff for all that they need done. The best part when you knew you had done your best for a customer, be it advice, or ordering something or even just looking up something they were after.
Pros
Discount and offers
Cons
not enough hours in day for what is expected of you
Fun workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plumstead, Greater London25 June 2018
Kind and polite staff. Always willing to stay and help out even when their shift is over. Positive atmosphere and customers feel welcome and are confident when shopping.
Productive and Enthusiastic Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire24 June 2018
Staff were well established in their fields of Customer Service. The environment was friendly and enthusiastic with their work. I felt very welcomed.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
fun workplace
Sales assistant // Dartford, Greater (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2018
very motivation staff members
enjoyable parts would be stacking the merchandise
learned a lot of new skills such as being more precise and taking more attention to detail.
Challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich20 June 2018
High in responsibility, demanding - lots of extra work. A pharmacy environment requires you to dig deep - to find that energy and find a way. Great if you're a workaholic.
busy environment, shift work
Customer Service Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex19 June 2018
No day is the same as you are dealing with the public and there is always something going on at the airport from delays to weather problems, logistics, etc.

I have learned to deal with very different customers and in very different situations, so I build up my confidence in being able to deal with most situations.

The hardest part of the job is the shift work and working during the main summer and Christmas holidays.

Every day is different because the Airport environment is very unpredictable and challenging , so you need to be an adaptable person and a problem solver.
Pros
challenging
Cons
shift work
Boots Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnham19 June 2018
A typical day would include helping customers with products and suggesting what would be right for them. I would have to clean and restock shelves, making sure they are presentable.
Pros
In Farnham town Centre
Cons
Can be boring
Great fun workplace fast paceing
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire18 June 2018
Great company always on time with deliveries always allowed time for each pallett to go on kind an friendly poeple even if had some people jot english they took there time to understand us to make there jobs clearere
overall really upbeat
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells18 June 2018
great place to work, absolutely loved working here. really upbeat and friendly. amazing benefits. only downside is working for a massive corporation that is somewhat unethical- no more than the others though
Not staff friendly
dispenser (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland18 June 2018
Not enough staff to deal with all the pressure and management do not listen to any concerns as they always have an answer for everything. Staff are never correct and always being asked for more and more, never even getting a thank-you or told job well done. If you happen to be absent because of sickness you get a return to work interview but no-one then follows up to enquire if you are coping or feeling ok.
Hardest part is no backup from management they only want to look good in the eyes of the area manager etc and if that means threatening you with dismissal etc then that is what they do.
Booking holidays a year in advance is hard because you cannot tell what may arise in the coming months and they are very reluctant to help
Pros
discount
Cons
staffing levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.