Boots UK Employee Reviews

fun workplacement
Conference assistant Medcity Co-Formulate (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire9 January 2018
The hardest but working there was making medicine and helping other people, the enjoyable part of working with boots was getting to make different kind of tablets. The typical day at work would be going in the lab and helping other people if they haven't got the right substance.
Pros
free lunches
A Great Place To Work
Temporary Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford9 January 2018
I have so far thoroughly enjoyed working for Boots, I love being a member of the team and will continue to do so, until I am no longer required. I have learnt a great deal while working at the Chelmsford High Chelmer branch,
Pros
The team
Disillushioned
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent9 January 2018
Enjoy the customer service role and launching new products.I am disillusioned with the company and am not happy the way forward it is going.Staff are never replaced therefore putting extra burden on remaining staff.Management are not consistent or fair
Pros
Discount .
Cons
Time worked longer than stated hours with nothing given back for it.
Stressful time of year
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire8 January 2018
I worked as a Christmas temp in 2016. I found the restocking quite fun but sometimes the management could be a little disorganised. However I had an overall good time working there and the pay was good for me.
Pros
Discount, nice staff
Cons
Busy
long hours, no reward
Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2018
long hours, no reward, not what i envisaged my career to be like. A lot of pressure, Work hard and you don't get anything for it. wouldn't recommend this to anyone. never any staff. Expect late nights and to work on your days off.
Benefits are holidays and job security.
Pros
job security
Cons
no job satisfaction
Fun job for christmas but poor organisation
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath8 January 2018
Enjoyed working at Boots as a christmas temp. Really nice team members and got paid weekly.

But really poorly organised rotas, induction and training. Didn't receive end of contract review after approaching a couple of different managers. In first interview was told that a lot of temp are kept on but actually hardly any were.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Bit disorganised
Productive fun place to work
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire8 January 2018
A typical day at work is normally very fun I have made some amazing friends at boots, management are great and have been very helpful with my hours to fit around my own personal life example my children, you get to work with the public wish great to.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Working all over xmas
colleagues are lovely, management don't care about staff
Optical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London7 January 2018
assistant managers were fantastic, anyone above that, didn't care about us.
retail hours are terrible and pay is too low for work load. benefits are good through my employee savings, bonus was nothing compared to what managers get.
Pros
it was clean mostly
Cons
working past contracted work time and not getting hours back.
it was fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinner Station7 January 2018
loved working for them, even if its for a week. the staff are very nice. i work their for work experience so i did't get paid. i had to travel quite far for the work.
Pros
lunch is not free
Cons
work started at 9 to 5. 1 hour lunch.
Good Experience
Trainee Optical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Watford7 January 2018
I appreciated the opportunity to gain some experience in in providing assistance and carrying out various tests on many patients in addition to providing a service in retail. I also enjoyed the dynamic of working between a small team and an larger team/organisation.
Calm and friendly workplace.
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilkeston, Derbyshire5 January 2018
Although I only worked here whilst on work experience I enjoyed taking part and challenging myself to a new task each day. This was my first place I ever experienced work and enjoyed it deeply.
productive fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire4 January 2018
productive fun place to work, each day was different. often difficult patients would come in store this trainned me on how to deal with various types of people.
Early Starts, Good Pay
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 January 2018
I really did not enjoy working here, it was super early mornings and involved a lot of heavy lifting and was all in all a very tedious job. One manager was extremely rude anx expected new starts to know exactly what to do straight away. Some of the staff werent very friendly and all in all I just really did not enjoy the job.
Pros
£8 an hour pay no matter your age.
Cons
Unfriendly staff, early starts.
loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames4 January 2018
i loved every minute of working at boots my salary was good around Christmas time its very busy and it does get harder but whats a challenge for!! i would very highly recommended a job at boots i enjoyed it very much.
Pros
discount as a staff member
Cons
long hours and Christmas stock
Fun work place
N/A (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire3 January 2018
Everyone is kind and respectful. They are lovely people and will help you if you need help. They are productive and hard workers. They make conversation with you even if they don't know you and you can rely on everyone there.
Pros
kind people
Cons
long hours working
Ups and downs, mostly downs.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire3 January 2018
Budget cuts meant that numerous staff were forced to leave, staff working on photo were unfairly fire, management was poor, morale was low. Co-workers actively sought out better jobs.
Pros
Discount card, flexible hours
Cons
poor management, stressful expectations from upper management, poor morale
learning experience,
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London3 January 2018
I really did learn alot about customer service from working at boots, most of my till training was from here i would absolutely love to go back there.
Hard work with little reward
Optical Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire3 January 2018
Progression used as incentive but not followed through . Managment can have their favourites. No thought for college by managment who expect you to do exactly what you told because ' they say so.
Don't rely on Rota as they are changed frequently even after they post them up. You are expected to travel to cover other branches ( these can be quite some distance) even if it will be a struggle ( public transport users) with no thought to travel time. Shop is expected to run on minimum staff but still cover long opening times. Newer and younger staff and part time staff poorly trained and don't work as quickly as more skilled team members to keep up to demand of customers. All in all quite dire which is a shame as this used to be a good place to work.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
See review
Overworked, understaffed
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon2 January 2018
Great people, but not enough of them. Work culture is dictated by very long term staff members that are invested heavily in the company and won't instiagate change. Managment not allowed to hire enough staff.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York1 January 2018
Days dragged slightly becuase every day was the same bit of a tedious job, but it was really good pay ans the benefits of working there were really good
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.