Boots UK Pay & Benefits reviews

Easy place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 January 2018
Easy place to work, with lots of training and friendly staff. Good salary and many benefits to the job as in staff discounts and leaning possibilities to further yourself.
Pros
Staff discount
productive and nice place
safe management assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire11 January 2018
Boots is a nice and productive place to work. Just less pay compared to Aldi and lidl where basically same services are rendered. It is a place you can grow as well
Nice
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
Everyday stacking shelves. Speaking to different people everyday. Knowledge of products, that even I use some and most of the time, knowing the benefits.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
After school hours
Stressful time of year
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire8 January 2018
I worked as a Christmas temp in 2016. I found the restocking quite fun but sometimes the management could be a little disorganised. However I had an overall good time working there and the pay was good for me.
Pros
Discount, nice staff
Cons
Busy
long hours, no reward
Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2018
long hours, no reward, not what i envisaged my career to be like. A lot of pressure, Work hard and you don't get anything for it. wouldn't recommend this to anyone. never any staff. Expect late nights and to work on your days off.
Benefits are holidays and job security.
Pros
job security
Cons
no job satisfaction
colleagues are lovely, management don't care about staff
Optical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London7 January 2018
assistant managers were fantastic, anyone above that, didn't care about us.
retail hours are terrible and pay is too low for work load. benefits are good through my employee savings, bonus was nothing compared to what managers get.
Pros
it was clean mostly
Cons
working past contracted work time and not getting hours back.
it was fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinner Station7 January 2018
loved working for them, even if its for a week. the staff are very nice. i work their for work experience so i did't get paid. i had to travel quite far for the work.
Pros
lunch is not free
Cons
work started at 9 to 5. 1 hour lunch.
loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames4 January 2018
i loved every minute of working at boots my salary was good around Christmas time its very busy and it does get harder but whats a challenge for!! i would very highly recommended a job at boots i enjoyed it very much.
Pros
discount as a staff member
Cons
long hours and Christmas stock
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York1 January 2018
Days dragged slightly becuase every day was the same bit of a tedious job, but it was really good pay ans the benefits of working there were really good
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days
Picking and packing orders for people very nice place clean good people very friendly
picking and packing (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire25 December 2017
The boots is very high it is a company where u can relax and work normaly with out stress very Nice people friendly people u get paid on tíme payslips comes on tíme on email
Pros
Free lunches
Long hours, poor pay
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire18 December 2017
Lots of work for little reward. Too much internal politics and slow moving to get anything done. Good for progression if you are willing to essentially do 2 jobs to get it
Pros
Discounted shop
Cons
Long hours, poor pay
Hard working
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shirley15 December 2017
A typical day at boots would be on tills serving the customers, if the shop was quiet we would go and help put the deliveries away with the operations team. At two oclock every day, we checked the fridges and did food rotation. We also had to answer the phone and deal with any customer queries. At the end of the day we would then pull the stock forward.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
job ethos
Was a great place to work !!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon13 December 2017
Since the Americans bought out this traditional British Chemist it's gone downhill - no more perks or benefits just lousy discount rates.
Manager's are too young to have life experience and the culture is for them to do as little as possible.

Staff numbers cut to the quick this year and it's not looking any better next year. Expect closures

They bought it out and rinsed it dry, will probably sell it on soon so a new yacht can be bought ....

Cut your losses queuing and go to Superdrug !
Pros
Lack of manager's watching you
Cons
No benefits unless you kiss ***
Was ok not brilliant
Christmas Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands11 December 2017
Started as Christmas temp in October,finishing on Xmas day, all Xmas temps BULLIED and spoken to like dirt. Also nobody answers phones when you have to ring in because of adverse weather or illness then get told off the next day. Plus NO name badge and no training given. Be careful before you take a job here. Very ‘cliquey’ too
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Everything else
Very nice atmosphere among Christmas staff.
Temporary Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield9 December 2017
Use Christmas staff with promises of being set on afterwards and not setting them on. Will try and get Christmas staff to do all hours that regular staff aren't wanting to do. Keep very old staff on permanently and give no scope for new starters.
Pros
Good staff discounts
Cons
Not enough break times.
Worst place I ever worked
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex2 December 2017
Overall might be a good company to work for but the store I was in was uncapable of doing their job. Managment was misarable. Never got paid the right amount so you had to run after your money, waited ages to get a till number (3 months) and namebadge (6 month). My staff discount card didnt even arrive by the time I left the store. My adress never got changed in the system when I moved so p45 got send to my old flat (after 6 months of moving out of there) you had to ask managment a million times when you needed something and even then you got lucky when she provided you with the information. (Holiday days, training etc) on counter was a constant level of anxiety of not being good enough and all you got from managment was pressure. I could go on with my list for ages but I think these are the main problems.
Pros
Salary (if you get paid right)
Cons
Not paid the right amounts, managment!!!!!
Work Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham2 December 2017
I did work experience with Boots for 3 days, I loved helping customers find what they needed, stocking up on cosmetics, skincare, medications, food, drink
Pros
long lunch breaks
Was good job all round
Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire1 December 2017
People were brill had great time here good atmosphere got the work done had a laugh just a shame not long enough hours but all in all great job for people
Pros
Great
Cons
Not enough hours
Not the worst job
No7 Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria25 November 2017
Good working hours. Flexible on working life. Good learning and development structure. No commision structure just self salary. Fantastic place until you leave,
Pros
Development
Cons
Pay
Official response from Boots UK
27 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback; it's great to hear how you feel about working hours, work/life balance and learning and development.

ok first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford24 November 2017
boots as an overall place to work is fine but i believe that they need a lot better management. I learned to work in a team as well as keeping good time keeping skills.
Pros
discount cards
Cons
very repetitive
Official response from Boots UK
27 November 2017

Thanks for your feedback - this will be passed on to management to be reviewed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.