Boots UK Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Eh
Warehouse work (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom16 January 2018
Get to work, go through security because they dont trust any of the workers, only to be told what to do by some team leader who has next to no common sense. Yep. Pay is decent for what it is.
Not an actual admin role
Warehouse Admin (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent21 December 2017
I applied for an admin role within the Boots warehouse in Burton so obviously I expected a admin role and not to have to be working around lifting heavy items and working with high places (as I am terrified of heights). It turns out it included all of that and that meant I simply could not work there for that long as I was scared half to death and also could not manage all the heavy items.

The people were nice though so there is that if you can handle the stuff I can't :)
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Information, Heights, Heavy Items
Nice work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire12 December 2017
Boots was nice but I looking for a permanent job. Because boots is not permanent job . Sometimes is veerry busy and is to many people at work..... .
Cons
8 hours
busy but friendly place
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 December 2017
warehouse work worked in a cr picking system using trucks in the warehouse to order pick and make sure orders are met and general house cleaning duties of warehouse
warehouse operative
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire15 November 2017
Poor , poor conditions, too big pressure on workers. Poor quality of management, bad treatment for workers.
Contracted people just speaking, agency work too hard - still no respect.
Pros
not at all, happy to left
Cons
low pay, low worker treatment
job
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham31 October 2017
no way to advace within the company as jobs are given to favorite emploees

so it was a complete waste of time and effort to apply for advacement within the organisation
Good company
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire21 October 2017
Picking madeson and packing and supily hospital good atmosphere ;teemwork good manajment; i like to do work in team work
I have company fork lift driving license
nice friendly atmosphere
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 October 2017
A typical day at the boots warehouse is very repetitive, i learned how to pick and pack and follow simple instructions to make sure the orders were all ok. we have a meeting at the beginning of every shift and at the end of every shift with the management to tell us what the total order are and then they thank us at the end of the shift. the hardest part of the job is to make sure you don't get the orders wrong in any way. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and having a laugh at work as well as working.
Hard work pays well.
Warehouse Operative, Trainer, Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent28 September 2017
Boots UK, if you keep your head down, work hard, excell in your area then you wont have a problem, you will learn and progress in different areas and meet new people, but if you go there to chill out or hide away then it's not the job for you, dealing with many types of these people trying to motivate them and keep there spirits up to do the work needed, great place to work and i do miss it alot. As i say though if your intention is to get a easy ride and payout look elsewhere.
Pros
Overtime, New Experiences, Flt, Working in large and small teams, learn new skills
Cons
Very hot in the summer, Very cold in the winter, Peak times can be stressfull.
Rude super users and management team.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire28 September 2017
Worst place I've ever worked, me and a few other agency workers were constantly picked on and blamed for others mistakes. All the Polish/foreign staff wouldn't speak to you if you were English, only when they were giving you orders, that's why I left. Worst job ever wouldn't put my worst enemy into the company.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Rude staff, racist.
Productive Company
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire22 August 2017
A typical day at work would involve beginning my shift at 9 o'clock and ending at 5 o'clock with two break between lasting for 15 minutes each.

Throughout the many years working for this company I have taken on many roles including fork lift truck driving, picking, dispatching, basic computing skills and calculating stock levels. Through doing these, I have been given the opportunity to develop further and key skills needed not only in warehouse positions but transferable across other job sectors.

Management within the company was a high standard and therefore offered support.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be part of a team and building relationships with colleagues that will last a life time!
poor
Warehouse Operative, full-time shift work (Former Employee) –  Nottingham14 August 2017
Don't apply here! bad hours. no appreciation really not many locals here. tough company to work for. very hard work too. no work life balance people are put under fear factor 3 strikes and you're out.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
no social/ familly life
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire7 August 2017
I loved working for the work place every day I go in with a smile and big confidence and come out with a smile working in a team and colleagues was very helpful if I didn't understand anything they would help me I worked too my hardest and loved it.
Pros
Free lunch
fun to work here
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aldershot2 August 2017
great place to work, a very large warehouse with over 500 people
very good management, great people to work with too, salary was very good too for the year, unfortunately I was made redundant as the Aldershot warehouse closed down
Great people.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester1 August 2017
I wasn't at Boots for a long time. But the staff make you feel very welcome and part of the working family. I would recommend this work place to anybody hoping to go into a warehouse environment.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Hard work
warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent9 June 2017
working in the warehouse as packer mangement were great work place culture was great hardest part of the some of the lifting and i enjoyed the challenge
Pros
meeting new vpeople
Fun workplace
FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire15 May 2017
I was a FLT driver as well as a LLop and Scissor lift operator. I also carried out various warehouse duties at times.
This was a enjoyable experience and worked as part of a great team!
Pros
Good colleagues
Quite boring and unreliable
Temporary Packer/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Beeston, UK9 May 2017
Was supposed to be starting on a Monday was there 35 minutes early never got started was messed around for a few days - Finally on the Wednesday got somewhere but was only there for an hour and a half was very dull and depressing so not my kind of workplace
Great staff support
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire9 May 2017
Only with the company a very short time when I lost a son, the company were very supportive, giving me as much time as I needed. The work was target driven and physical.
Pros
Great company for staff support
Good job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton Joyce and Stoke Bardolph26 April 2017
Vary off different jobs wich is good on site flt training wich is brilliant good hours and shifts just need to give more options on the shifts for either days or nights
Pros
Lockers for everyone
Cons
Rotation shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.