Boots UK Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

typical day work was rumbling the products
Boots the Chemist - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 July 2018
i was able to improve my soft skills such as communication with coworkers and customers when they need help. also i was able to know when to help the customers and always be smiling to show them that the store is full of positivity.
Great company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chard3 July 2018
great atmosphere in the workplace, a small branch of Boots, in those days there was a canteen to eat lunch, so no wasting time finding a place to eat, a yearly bonus, overall brilliant
Pros
good hours of work
Cons
bus service difficult to get there and back
rewarding place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk29 June 2018
I enjoyed my work-experience at boots. It taught me alot to do with the retail sector and it is something that has stayed with me through the years. i learnt of many different jobs that boots entitles....i learnt about being out on the shop floor and about stock taking and stacking shelves,learnt about helping customers and selling make up and what it is like to work in the dispencery. displays and fire drills and health and safety. very friendly enviorment.
Pros
lockers provided for stuff
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2018
The staff were overrun and expected to do things that were well beyond their skill set- hopping on pharmacy, fragrance or makeup counters. Worked well beyond contracted hours and threatened when questioned it. Was hired for a part time permanent position then fired (mid work day) after the Christmas period. No regular breaks, barely enough time for a sandwich. They also underpaid me multiple times and I never saw this money again.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours, missing pay never given, unreasonable management, no honouring of contract
fun workplace
Sales assistant // Dartford, Greater (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2018
very motivation staff members
enjoyable parts would be stacking the merchandise
learned a lot of new skills such as being more precise and taking more attention to detail.
Boots Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnham19 June 2018
A typical day would include helping customers with products and suggesting what would be right for them. I would have to clean and restock shelves, making sure they are presentable.
Pros
In Farnham town Centre
Cons
Can be boring
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
I learned many skills such as stock control, working on the tills and stacking shelves. boots is a very good job tiring but worth it. my favourite was working on tills.
Pros
fun
I think that boots doesn’t really have a lot of benefits when it comes to working there and it’s boring. But
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  East London8 June 2018
At boots days were pretty boring, there wasn’t much to do and the store was normally quite. However I learned quite a few things there. Apart from how to manage the till and price check, I also improved enormously my face to face selling skills.
Pros
Nice working environment, gain of experience
Cons
Short breaks and dull hours.
Productive and nice work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
Staff were very nice and management was generally nice. Most enjoyable part was customer service sometimes going to stock room can be tedious however it is apart of the job.
productive and a fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire24 May 2018
It was very exciting working in boots with the different team members and working with makeup and beauty, I would recommend this to anyone looking to work in the retail industry
Pros
working in a team
Cons
hours
It was productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 May 2018
I only spent a week (working experience) i got some valuable experience but the management was a bit all over the place and some of the workers didn’t really ackowledge i was there
Alright
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport20 May 2018
I went for two weeks of experience, wasn't the worst but I felt I wasn't able to show my full potential. Learned patience and how to behave around specific people
Pros
Easy breaks
Cons
Not very engaging staff
Fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 May 2018
I worked weekends at Heathrow T4 for boots. I had to interact with people daily. Sale and inform people about new products. And accomplish given targets.
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2018
good student job, great people to work with, good working environment, good products, good management, good systems, good discounts and standard benefits
its multicultural and ambitious working place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsford, Cheshire2 May 2018
since i have done work experience at boots i have learnt to be more confident and ambitious. The place is a caring and multicultural loving place to be at. the hardest thing at working in boots would probably be putting out stock because sometimes the products are heavy and may cause back ache. however, the most enjoyable part of working at boots is that you get to gain more confidence by engaging with people and also you get free lunch.
Pros
engaging and free lunch
Cons
you work long hours so it can get tiring
work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans2 May 2018
during my work experience, this job allowed me to gain the experience and knowledge of what it will be like in the real world. it was nice to work helping customers.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
on your feet all day
A good work environment
Boots the Chemist - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford1 May 2018
A typical day would include communicating with a range of people, as well as restocking shelves, and helping to unpack delivery. it taught me what an average day in the workplace would consist of, which will set me up for when I want to get a job. I wouldn't say any part of the job was particularly difficult, as I did enjoy getting the experience, and knowing what it would be like in the future.
Pros
It gave me an example of what a typical day in the workplace would be like.
Cons
In my opinion, there were no cons.
Great First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks29 April 2018
As this my first job while I was still at school, it was great as it was local and I had good pay. They were flexible with shifts and worked with some great people
productive workplace
Part-time sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 April 2018
8-9 hr shifts 12pm-8pm
As my first job, shilf filling, and customer satisfaction was my primary goal. i learnt the health and safety precautions and how to avoid serious injuries. The store was well managed, and all staff were working in harmoney. The hardest part was re-arranging the stock room when it got too messy, however the enjoyable part was talking to customers and satifying them.
Pros
10% dicount on perfume
Productive and fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 April 2018
I worked in boots and I loved working there , I had to help customers , sort out the stockings and keep the shelves clean and tidy , I also worked in the warehouse where I did some cleaning and organising perfumes . What I loved the most about working there was helping out customers and working in the West’s house .
Pros
Long lunches and break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.