Boots UK Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

boots
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester17 July 2018
very nice atmosphere to work in
I had a really good time there. The staff were brilliant, friendly and helpful., including the Manager. I received a present on leaving and it was quite emotional. I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute. They all supported me with regards to my application for my current role with public services. I would definitely recommend working their
Good money, busy enviroment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 June 2018
Extremely busy around holidays, hard work, many customers. Customers can get fed up quickly, not enough till staff sometimes therefore long ques and more aggression from customers.
Productive and fun workplace.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinner, Greater London17 June 2018
A typical day at work would start by taking on a task, eg. restocking up shelves or tydying up the store. Once i've completed a set task, I would ask my manager for more. I've learnt the policies of the company and how to handle a customer and what a good cutomer service looks like. The managment was very helpful and has tought me a lot of useful tricks on how to perform my task better. During my time on work experience, I found out that you need to show your greatest respect and understanding towards others. The hardest part of the job was putting the products in the right spaces as in my first day I was not aware of the placement of products but each day I learnt more and more, as I am a quick learner. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers.
fab place to work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester13 June 2018
I loved working for boots everyone was so lovely and welcoming.

its a pity they only wanted a temporary person for the Christmas period because I would of still been there if not.
Not Enjoyable
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire31 May 2018
Didn't enjoy working at this store. A typical day entailed stocking the department. I didn't get much training or help at all and after a few weeks was expected to know everything about the store and everything in it. My hours were 11-8 and then changed to 12-9 without option and had to work weekends. Management did not seem to have much care for their staff.
Pros
A generous store discount
Cons
Long hours, undesirable shifts
Work experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Withernsea28 March 2018
Staff all friendly and trusting.
Always helping me find my feet if I was lost/confused.
Taught me alot about real-life when I was young.
Felt a sense of place tending to older patients.
Pros
Only had to do a job when asked, had freedom.
diverse workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry21 March 2018
hardest part was to work long hours
learned how to handle customers
a typical day consisted of restocking, making the shop floor look presentable, assisting customers.
Pros
engaging with customers
Creative and fun workplace
Retail Assistant- Shop Floor (Former Employee) –  High Cross18 March 2018
The typical day of work would require us to begin at 9 am in the morning till 5 pm. Working there was great experience as a interacted with customers on a daily basis.What i enjoyed most about the job was the other employees helping and boosting my self esteem as i carried out tasks with them.
Pros
Long hour Lunches
Cons
Tight Uniforms
nice place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge13 March 2018
it was really nice working here with staff as well as clients was having a great time you need to be focused and dedicated but still fun just do what you have to
excellent place for learning with all day customer interactions.
Retail and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Croydon24 January 2018
can improve the climb up the career ladder with excellent opportunities for people with basic qualifications.part-time work ideal for university students.
Good experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire24 January 2018
It was good experience for me when I was at school and I enjoyed working there when I was at school helped me with my social skills and every one was friendly
Pros
Everyone was friendly
Cons
Didn't last forever
Productive and enjoyable
Retail Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley7 December 2017
A typical day of working here was relaxing and fun. I enjoyed sorting out all the stock in the back of the shop. I learned how to help a few customers, clean up the store and make sure it's clean and tidy. The management was great too. The workplace culture was a place you could see lot's of people having a good look around to see what they were interested in. The hardest part of the job was I guess filling out the information booklets. The most enjoyable part of the job was just helping out really in my opinion.
Pros
Fantastic staff
Fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent29 November 2017
Loved working here even though it was for a short time made ro feel very welcome by all staff and mangers were amazing dealing with problems all training provided
Was a great work experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff25 November 2017
Staff were absolutely lovely and really helped me gain experience in the retail department even left with a few gifts! Uniform was good just black clothes.
Pros
Lovely staff
Official response from Boots UK
27 November 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. It makes us feel so good to know that your colleagues made you feel very welcome during your time on work experience!

Work Experience
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Chatham22 November 2017
I only worked there for two weeks as part of my work experience. However, it was a pleasant environment all of the staff were friendly and in all I enjoyed my experience there.
Official response from Boots UK
27 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback; it's great to hear you enjoyed your work experience with us!

Good place to work for
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon13 October 2017
i loved working here, they were good aguiding me to do things that offered me a full time job but i ended up going college instead. i do wish i took the chance to work tere again
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Really good company, easy going and proffesional, really enjoyed working for boots. Still a shopper and would work at boots again if the oppurtunity ever came about.
Productive time
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London25 September 2017
Boots was an eye opener for me.I learned so much from my placement for example communication with other team members and customers.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers I was able to meet people to help them with their needs on a day to day basis.
it was a pleasureable workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  lewisham center18 September 2017
it was a good experience working at boot the whole management was really god everything was well organised and everything was in its place. I only worked there for work experience but the overall atmosphere was very welcoming. first way i was shown the health and safety procedure and from there i was show the rest of the store. over i enjoyed my experience as i learnt a lot about retail and how to conduct myself when in retail and when talking or helping a customer.
Great place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire6 September 2017
Really well place to be, it is full of positivity and happy members of staff, whoa re ready to have a chat whenever and don't hesitate to help you out if you don't understand a job task.
Pros
positive environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.

Boots UK Reviews by Location