Boots UK Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent29 November 2017
Loved working here even though it was for a short time made ro feel very welcome by all staff and mangers were amazing dealing with problems all training provided
Was a great work experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff25 November 2017
Staff were absolutely lovely and really helped me gain experience in the retail department even left with a few gifts! Uniform was good just black clothes.
Pros
Lovely staff
Official response from Boots UK
27 November 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. It makes us feel so good to know that your colleagues made you feel very welcome during your time on work experience!

Work Experience
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Chatham22 November 2017
I only worked there for two weeks as part of my work experience. However, it was a pleasant environment all of the staff were friendly and in all I enjoyed my experience there.
Official response from Boots UK
27 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback; it's great to hear you enjoyed your work experience with us!

Good place to work for
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon13 October 2017
i loved working here, they were good aguiding me to do things that offered me a full time job but i ended up going college instead. i do wish i took the chance to work tere again
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Really good company, easy going and proffesional, really enjoyed working for boots. Still a shopper and would work at boots again if the oppurtunity ever came about.
Productive time
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London25 September 2017
Boots was an eye opener for me.I learned so much from my placement for example communication with other team members and customers.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers I was able to meet people to help them with their needs on a day to day basis.
it was a pleasureable workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  lewisham center18 September 2017
it was a good experience working at boot the whole management was really god everything was well organised and everything was in its place. I only worked there for work experience but the overall atmosphere was very welcoming. first way i was shown the health and safety procedure and from there i was show the rest of the store. over i enjoyed my experience as i learnt a lot about retail and how to conduct myself when in retail and when talking or helping a customer.
Great place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire6 September 2017
Really well place to be, it is full of positivity and happy members of staff, whoa re ready to have a chat whenever and don't hesitate to help you out if you don't understand a job task.
Pros
positive environment
Real Work
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barkingside, Greater London4 September 2017
Boots Pharmacy was a good place to work as it gave me my first real life job experience and what to expect. It helped build my customer service skills and pushed me out of my comfort zone which every good job will.
Cons
lack of things to do
Was fun experience
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rayleigh, Essex2 September 2017
My first proper job so I was very nervous but it let me become more confident as I had to deal with the public everyday and try new things that I couldn't do before
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Absolutely fun place to work
Operation/Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worksop25 July 2017
Depending what time day I started if it was early I see to delivery and put stock on shelves that went out.
You worked as a team as well as on your own
The manager that was there when It worked there was absolutely brilliant!
Can't fault anything about it
Make sure you put medicines in the right place cause lot them look the same
Fine any excuse for all of us to go out for drink we all got on
Pros
Discount
Cons
Non
good team members. easy to work at and with other colleagues
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 July 2017
friendly colleagues and managers. easy but repetitive, however the hours were good. typical day for a 16 yr old would be stacking shelves and facing up the shelves and help the odd customer.
Pros
easy to do. good hours
Cons
can be repetetive
Productive and informative
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London1 July 2017
A typical day at work was from 9-4:30. As it was a work experience placement i was not able to complete the advanced tasks, however the atmosphere was very friendly and the job taught me alot.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Only one break for 7 hours
First time for everything
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough5 June 2017
For my work experience I worked at boots and it was my first every experience working in the real world. I learnt a lot of things in my time there. Boots is always calm in the hours and it can get busy during lunch times as customers arrived there to buy meal deals. I didn't find any difficulty whilst working there as I enjoyed every moment of it.
Pros
Engaging with customers
Cons
Short hours
Fun
Sales Retail (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 May 2017
I undertook this sales retail job years ago as a work experience for my school. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my first job and it was a really happy fun place to work. Lovely enviroment.
Poorly managed
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire16 May 2017
Although I enjoyed this job, it was a seasonal position. I did not receive my full pay for about 6 months after I had finished. The work was enjoyable.
Corporate organisation
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughborough15 May 2017
They will work you hard and pay you as little as they can. just another retail business, you cant really expect any more. beauty counter girls are always a bonus to work around.
retail
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire13 May 2017
as a company good benefits but management and organisational skills none existent. Worked as a Christmas temp and waited until March to be paid. General staff pleasant and friendly.
Friendly and helpful environment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Dock5 May 2017
Boots staff were friendly, enthusiastic and helpful to me while I was on my work experience.

The manager made sure that I knew what my tasks were for the day allowing me to be time efficient as there was no confusion.

The other members of staff helped me if I was unsure about the placement of products and were friendly towards me and treated me like a team member even though it was work experience.
Store Assistant - work experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ferndown2 May 2017
I only worked there for 2 weeks on work experience.

I mainly stocked the shelves. As this was a work experience placement there is not much else to say. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.

Boots UK Reviews by Location