Boots UK Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Disillushioned
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent9 January 2018
Enjoy the customer service role and launching new products.I am disillusioned with the company and am not happy the way forward it is going.Staff are never replaced therefore putting extra burden on remaining staff.Management are not consistent or fair
Pros
Discount .
Cons
Time worked longer than stated hours with nothing given back for it.
Ups and downs, mostly downs.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire3 January 2018
Budget cuts meant that numerous staff were forced to leave, staff working on photo were unfairly fire, management was poor, morale was low. Co-workers actively sought out better jobs.
Pros
Discount card, flexible hours
Cons
poor management, stressful expectations from upper management, poor morale
Productive place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 December 2017
Working with Boots showed me how important customer service is in a company. Worked with great people who were able to train and advice me during busy hours.
average employer
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire14 November 2017
they're not the best but they're also not the worse, could just do with a bit better management. good pay for under 18s, as everyone gets paid the same, which is good for the equality acts.
Official response from Boots UK
20 November 2017

Thanks for your feedback! Great to hear you're happy with the pay, and your feedback around management will be passed on so improvements can be made.

Diverse lots of responsibility
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge14 November 2017
Alot of responsibility - need to do work under a time constraint - without taking into account that customers will be making enquiries. The people are fun to work with - there's always that one person though.
OK first job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent16 October 2017
I started working at Boots at 17 as a Christmas temp and went on to become a full time employee. I was overworked and ran around for all the older employees. I was spoken down to by everyone older than me and it made my experience miserable. Like most jobs; management saw you as just a number and had no sympathy whatsoever.
Pros
reasonable discount
Cons
horrible management
Chrsitmas temp
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside12 October 2017
Working as a Christmas temp as my first paid job i learned many customer service skills. There was in store competition and incentives to help boost staff moral. Learning about stock and customer service set me up for a more permanent job.
Boots
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gatwick11 October 2017
I enjoyed working here but the shifts all over the place.

The people I worked with were really nice although I only had a fixed term contract I still got staff discount
Learning
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coulsdon, Greater London5 October 2017
When i worked at boots i was only 16 and was only there for a couple of weeks as it was for my school work experience but from what i remember it was a good, fun time that i enjoyed very much because the customers where very nice to me so i enjoyed that part od the job and i learnt a lot from there which i then took into my job when i worked at Tesco.
Great Customer Service; productive and fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street and Blackfriars17 September 2017
Working at Boots when I did was a great experience because there is good management; organisation; good pay; good colleagues; team work, smart appearance at work. Boots customers are well behaved and respectful. Management's focus is always on customer service delivery. Serve, help the customers. Attend to them. Help them find items. Give them a basket for shopping. Be kind and polite to customers.
mediocre
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Worthing13 September 2017
as a front tills worker you had to work long hours standing which often gave me foot and back problems. my lunch was often delayed as it was often understaffed. i learnt a lot about dealing with difficult customers and their needs effectively. it was often difficult to find managers.
Pros
parking
Cons
Long hours, under staffed
Okay
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire11 September 2017
No better, or worse then any other retailer. There is the possabilty to work your way up the ladder, starting as a trainee dispensary, to store management.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
As other retailers
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester6 September 2017
Boots as a company has a good reputation but more recently due to a new company take over the work balance is becoming less customer based also redundancy is inevitable
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Not enough colleagues for work to be carried out
28years
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire29 August 2017
When I started here the company were very good to their staff, having 2 bonuses each year, double time, no Sunday or bank holiday trading but with the threat of the internet, companies have had to cut back to be able to survive in the high street so no bonuses or double time and you have to open Sunday's and bank holidays now. Training has always been excellent and now online so it's much easier to follow and understand. Always a great bunch of people to work with and many become good friends. Management have always been ok with an odd exception. Working hours are good as are having every other weekend off. The tools to do your job have always been provided. Most roles are not stressful and are easy to do but there is always someone to help if you are feeling stressed. I loved working here for 28 years but I needed a fresh challenge and a different environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
grumpy customers
rubbish place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire19 August 2017
worse place I have ever worked and would not recommend to anybody
management don't treat you.
as a equal and long hours and unfairly treated
would ot recommend
Work Experience
Customer Service Assistant, Work Experinece (Former Employee) –  London10 August 2017
Always had a good time working at boots. Very routine so wouldn't suit everyone. Restocking shelves all day every day, good chance to get to know customers and people you are working with. Not many young people working here though.
2 week mandatory
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 August 2017
this was a high school mandatory 2 week gig where we had to just work for experience. i loved it at boots - they're cool people, had fun. it keeps you busy
Productive workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey25 July 2017
Most of the time boots is a well managed store.
The staff are friendly and inviting.
The staff room can be improved.
Benefits are fair.
Pay is good.
Productive.fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands24 July 2017
Meet greet customers.help with sales replenishment.help advise on photography.general housekeeping on shop floor.
Busy place to work.friendly people to work with.
Pros
Staff discount
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London19 July 2017
Lovely staff,you don't feel left out,because everyone is willing to speak to you ,even if you are new,and there's always something you can do if you finish early on a task.
Pros
Calm
Cons
Only 1 break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.

Boots UK Reviews by Location