Boots UK Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Productive and Enthusiastic Environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire24 June 2018
Staff were well established in their fields of Customer Service. The environment was friendly and enthusiastic with their work. I felt very welcomed.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
busy environment, shift work
Customer Service Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex19 June 2018
No day is the same as you are dealing with the public and there is always something going on at the airport from delays to weather problems, logistics, etc.

I have learned to deal with very different customers and in very different situations, so I build up my confidence in being able to deal with most situations.

The hardest part of the job is the shift work and working during the main summer and Christmas holidays.

Every day is different because the Airport environment is very unpredictable and challenging , so you need to be an adaptable person and a problem solver.
Pros
challenging
Cons
shift work
overall really upbeat
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells18 June 2018
great place to work, absolutely loved working here. really upbeat and friendly. amazing benefits. only downside is working for a massive corporation that is somewhat unethical- no more than the others though
Productive and fun work placement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent17 June 2018
It was the most amusing work placement that I had ever been to !
The staff were amazing , they were so nice to me and treated me as if I was also a member of staff . I was working in the Christmas section and it was so fun and I would love to do it again .
Pros
Free lunches, nice Staff
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton15 June 2018
worked only on temporary basis and loved the environment gained good knowledge of customer service and retail industry. Christmas in Boots was fun will be happy if I get a chance again to work here.
Productive and unstressful
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire12 June 2018
Easy place to work with decent work benefits and good hourly pay.
Little to no room to work extra hours.
Management consistently unorganised and unreliable. Have gone without payment for extra duty worked and must force management to record hours. Poor communication with staff.
Pros
Decent wage and holiday
Cons
Unorganised
Active
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Boots is my first retail company. Only part time but fantastic atmosphere. Met lovely people along my journey.

Definite career progression if putting in the work.
Pros
Time goes by very quick
Cons
no cons
fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
easy to work in groups and learning new things is easy. working with a range of people from old to young. daily tasks were different allowed me to challenge myself to do new things
Friendly and educational
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire21 May 2018
Loved my time at Boots, I learnt so much and worked with the best team!

Worked in various areas of the company, loved each one. I would go back again if I could.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London15 May 2018
Builds your customer service skills. You must be able to work in fast paced environments and under pressure. Must be able to work in a team. Good to gain experience in restrain industry.
Pros
Long break
Pretty good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley11 May 2018
Great team based environment, management are nice and have a laugh, work hours are reasonable. OT hours available most of the time if need. All staff are great
productive and fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Harrow19 March 2018
i was here for work experience so i didn't really learn as much as i want to. they were always specific in what needed to be done. members of staff were often rude. due to the fact that we were only there for work experience felt like members of staff weren't really bothered about us and just gave us jobs they didn't want to do themselves.
Productive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ilford17 March 2018
Experience only.
Managing customers’ needs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Increase sales through highly developed selling skills as well as exceptional customer service.
Managing stocks and products.
Clearing clothing, products and other items so as to ensure the shop floor looks clean and tidy making a good impression for customers who enter the store.
Gain product knowledge expertise within all product groups in the store so that the products fascinate customers.
productive
customer service (Former Employee) –  edinburgh10 March 2018
I learned how to deal with customer complaints
management could be a lot better need trained abit more on dealing with people!!
while working here the hardest part was trying to find a manager on the shop floor when something went wrong!
Happy to work there
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford15 February 2018
Customer sales assistant.working in team.serving the public.which I loved about being out front with different people every day. Not happy when they changing hours or job which happened too often.
Pros
The odd bonus yearly. Insensitives. Which I was very good at. Love a challenge.
Cons
Swapping staff about.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 February 2018
Working at Boots was a fantastic way of me proving to be productive and able to assist others get the right product they needed. My typical day at work included; stocking the shelves, assisting customers find their preferred product to buy, ensuring the products are captivating to the customers and making sure there is a clean and safe environment for the customers and the people around. Boots has a great workplace culture as they give their employees opportunities where they all get the same chances to be productive and also, to be able to manage their work, social and personal life at ease.
Pros
Flexible
Loved It Here
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull19 January 2018
I loved working for Boots. They are a professional company to work for .
My colleagues were great fun and we worked as a team . Christmas was an especially nice time there despite being busy.
Hours are good and time off is good. All breaks were honoured.
Great home and worklife balance.
Pros
Fab Place To Work
Good Company to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City15 January 2018
Only been with Boots since May 2017 and came from the oil and gas industry and so far they have been a good company to work for and are interested in progressing their staff as I am now being trained for an Assistant Managers position. I have found the Management very approachable and all staff are friendly to work with.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
Hourly Rate
Disillushioned
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent9 January 2018
Enjoy the customer service role and launching new products.I am disillusioned with the company and am not happy the way forward it is going.Staff are never replaced therefore putting extra burden on remaining staff.Management are not consistent or fair
Pros
Discount .
Cons
Time worked longer than stated hours with nothing given back for it.
Ups and downs, mostly downs.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire3 January 2018
Budget cuts meant that numerous staff were forced to leave, staff working on photo were unfairly fire, management was poor, morale was low. Co-workers actively sought out better jobs.
Pros
Discount card, flexible hours
Cons
poor management, stressful expectations from upper management, poor morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.

Boots UK Reviews by Location