Boots UK Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Good place to work but no balance to work/life
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 January 2018
hours were not always permanent and sometimes changed last minute
(part time work)
management have no consideration for outside of work life
hard to progress unless your mangers are willing to give you a chance or interested in letting you progress.
Learnt a lot working in this role over the years
Pros
staff discounts, learn new skills
Cons
hours
Easy place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 January 2018
Easy place to work, with lots of training and friendly staff. Good salary and many benefits to the job as in staff discounts and leaning possibilities to further yourself.
Pros
Staff discount
Fun job for christmas but poor organisation
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath8 January 2018
Enjoyed working at Boots as a christmas temp. Really nice team members and got paid weekly.

But really poorly organised rotas, induction and training. Didn't receive end of contract review after approaching a couple of different managers. In first interview was told that a lot of temp are kept on but actually hardly any were.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Bit disorganised
learning experience,
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London3 January 2018
I really did learn alot about customer service from working at boots, most of my till training was from here i would absolutely love to go back there.
Hard working
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shirley15 December 2017
A typical day at boots would be on tills serving the customers, if the shop was quiet we would go and help put the deliveries away with the operations team. At two oclock every day, we checked the fridges and did food rotation. We also had to answer the phone and deal with any customer queries. At the end of the day we would then pull the stock forward.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
job ethos
Very nice atmosphere among Christmas staff.
Temporary Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield9 December 2017
Use Christmas staff with promises of being set on afterwards and not setting them on. Will try and get Christmas staff to do all hours that regular staff aren't wanting to do. Keep very old staff on permanently and give no scope for new starters.
Pros
Good staff discounts
Cons
Not enough break times.
Terrible
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire29 November 2017
The staff were rude and patronising. If you're throwing up they don't care they'll still have a go at you. There was no staff morale and nobody was happy to be there apart from the managers who strutted about like they are the queen
Friendly
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 November 2017
Boots in the Oracle is not at its peak. It is more unorganised than organised this year with many staff leaving but many new staff starting their journey with us. Working at boots has been my pleasure, loving colleagues and fun days out. I learnt confidence, customer service and how to work as a team.

It gets very busy but it makes the day go faster. The most hardest thing about this job is dealing with customers, grouchy ones. They will complain about everything and anything but you just have to take it on the chin and give them what they want to the best of your ability without breaking any rules.
Pros
Amazing discount
Cons
Transport
27 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's great to hear you've had an overall good experience with us!

Poor management
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London15 November 2017
Very unprofessional, managers do not listen to employees.
If you do overtime, you do not get paid on time. you have to chase up the manager for the pay.
Pros
Wages was fair
Cons
Bad Environment
Good company with excellent service towards customers
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff14 November 2017
Good company, with excellent benefits rates, with the opinion of furthering your career, flexible hours to suit your needs, managers will help you as best as they possible could.
Lack of job security
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham13 November 2017
In my experience, the psychological contract perceived by non- staff is very different from the actual psychological contract that the staff have with the company.
Pros
2 half hour breaks
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Good company to work for
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 November 2017
Allows you to develop as a person and try different parts of the store therefore you can find out what you enjoy and don't enjoy. Day to day jobs vary depending on the company needs and the store.
Rewarding
Customer Assistant/Health Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 November 2017
Rewarding place to work given benefits for working for the company and rewarded with bonuses if targets are met.
Can be hard work at times but hard work never hurt anyone. You will meet some amazing people that could turn out to be friends for life.
Pros
Discount cards
Cons
Very busy
Not very productive
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dagenham Heathway Station2 November 2017
I worked as a sales assistant at Boots Dagenham Heathway very unproductive and was a little boring not much to do but help customers when they come in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Friendly Staff
Cons
Low salary
wost job ever
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2017
the job itself is nice. Helping customers gives you a different kind of satisfaction you don't get from another job. However manager have no manners or respect for their employees and treat them like expendable dogs.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Devon29 October 2017
I've worked for Boots for 3 years. It is such a fun place to work, GREAT pay and benefits (12.5% discount on branded products and 22.5% on Boots branded products).
I feel more like part of a family than being a work. Management have be great, I've had time off for family issues and have been on maternity leave. They've been so supportive and I can't wait to get back! Lots of opportunity for overtime, and great progression and career path choices.
Pros
GREAT staff perks, 1hr lunch on full days, staff feel like family
Cons
Quite a few weekend shifts
10 November 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback! It makes us feel so good to know that you're happy working with us!

Customer Assistant
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield29 October 2017
This was a great job, the staff benefits are brilliant, as far as jobs go as long as you were willing to do the work, then it was nice and easy. management were great, I thoroughly enjoyed working here.
Pros
discount card
Cons
weekend work/standing all day
13 November 2017

Thanks for your feedback; it's greatly appreciated! It makes us feel so good to know you were happy with the benefits, work load and management.

Fun and enjoyable place of work.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside26 October 2017
My day started by emptying crates on shelf and opening doors so the public could come in. The management is of great quality and has a high standard of duty to staff aswell as customers. There is not hard part of work at boots as it is a enjoyable place of work and the easiest part is talkung to the customers and helping them.
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
Job security not good
13 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, your opinions on management and the work is greatly appreciated!

Productive and a fun environment
Boots Customer Assistant heathway (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2017
I loved working at boots as it gave me the confidence i needed to become a hairdresser as i needed to work and communicate with different people all age.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Hours
comfortable place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derry13 October 2017
generally a relaxed place to work and all the colleagues were very friendly and helped each other where possible. required to assist people with queries and maintain the stores appearance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.