Boots UK Employee Reviews in London

Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
Great way to adapt communication skills and customer service skills. I learnt many things about retail and the management was excellent.
Best way to learn customer service skills and the service is great . I would be a pleased customer
Pros
Great management
Nice
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
Everyday stacking shelves. Speaking to different people everyday. Knowledge of products, that even I use some and most of the time, knowing the benefits.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
After school hours
long hours, no reward
Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2018
long hours, no reward, not what i envisaged my career to be like. A lot of pressure, Work hard and you don't get anything for it. wouldn't recommend this to anyone. never any staff. Expect late nights and to work on your days off.
Benefits are holidays and job security.
Pros
job security
Cons
no job satisfaction
Good payers but poor job security
Area Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 December 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for, with regards to work/life balance. Career opportunities are excellent for the right person but you must be willing to do anything at the drop of a hat (same as most places). Colleague care is important to them and also customer care. A bad point is the prospect of redundancies. There have been several roles affected since I started working there.
Fun workplace, lovely staff to work with and overall great company.
Bare Minerals Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
Working in the beauty department at Boots included; traffic stopping customers to see/talk about Bare Minerals products, management always coming to check up on figures and how the counter and sales were going, supportive staff and great training from management. from time to time on quiet days making targets could cause challenges, although it was always a great challenge to meet the targets and something to improve on. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers determine what they need and have them leaving positive and happy.
Bad company to work for.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 December 2017
I worked for this company for 4 months as a delivery driver. The management was really unorganised. My manager was an okay bloke. Sometimes i was asked to work awkward long hours, but it was on a 7.5 hour contract, so i could deny them sometimes. After a while i was only being asked to work maximum 15 hours a week. Maybe they found someone who was willing to work unreasonably long hours.

Once they forgot to include a weeks pay in my payslip.
My manager tells me he will contact payroll and it will be rectified. It wasnt. And this happened for a couple of months in a row im still chasing it up.I have to keep waiting for the next pay day for tax purposes apparently. I went to contact payroll myself and the man was very stern and slightly rude, as he told me repeatedly he is not interested in talking to me unless im a manager who works at boots.
I cant find any other avenue to fix this problem.

I got £20 christmas bonus, better than nothing.

I wouldnt work for them again, simply because i have no faith in their abilities to pay me for what i have earnt.
Boots the hypocrisy.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 December 2017
Boots is the worst place to work.The CEO is a tax dodger.The Managers don't know what they suppose to do.The job is for unskilled people.Do not work or trust this hypocrisy company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unskill work.
Employees treated like dirt
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2017
Great money for part time job

Terrible company
Awful management
Put customers ahead of staff
Will treat staff like dirt just to keep customers happy
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, terrible managers, awful treatment of staff
Need to know the politics
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London3 December 2017
Boots used to be a company where they cared about colleagues, now they are greedy and hungry for every penny they can get. No work life balance at all. The senior management make you work extremely hard, it's impossible to not think/worry about work when you leave the place. The phone keeps going off. They expect you to be there all the time. There is no appreciation for any extra work you do.
Pros
Pay is good for customer assistants, wouldn't recommend management unless you have a filthy politics mind
Cons
make you work like dogs and no appreciation
The staff where I work are fab. However the manager isn’t.
Senior Optical advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
Boots seem to care less and less about their staff which is a shame as they put in most of the hard work which managers like to take gratitude for which is unfair in my opinion.
Pros
Good discount on glasses and boots products
Cons
Ok if you have a nice manager. Otherwise a nightmare
work experience
File management (Former Employee) –  London1 November 2017
they only made me organise files. everyday . i did't do that much. the people in that job were friendly. and helpful. i learn been more organise. i only worked for a week
Pros
work epreicne
Cons
non
Fun and productive work place
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2017
I enjoyed working in Boots and I developed lots of new skills. It was a lovely place with lots of friendly staff who were very supportive. It is definitely a great place to pursue a future career.
Pros
Friendly staff
wost job ever
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2017
the job itself is nice. Helping customers gives you a different kind of satisfaction you don't get from another job. However manager have no manners or respect for their employees and treat them like expendable dogs.
Boots
Trainee Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2017
Your concentration levels have to always be at the highest standards and you are dealing with customers prescriptions (tablets, medicines) etc.

It can be very stressful at times and you can sometimes work long hours.

Management was always professional as you would expect from a place like Boots.
Pros
Routine Lifestyle
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Official response from Boots UK
10 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, we really do appreciate it! It's great that your management team are always professional. It's very important to us that our colleagues feel they're equipped to work at the highest standards so we take feedback like this seriously. We'll pass this onto the relevant team.

Lovely Place to work. One of my Favourite Jobs.
Customer Advisor P/T (Former Employee) –  London22 October 2017
I loved this Job. It was a fun place to work. the team was amazing. It did not feel like work. Boots always have things going on, and promotions, it made the job exciting. The management was amazing! An amazing place to work.
Culture Clashes
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 October 2017
Good place to work- well known with in the industry and every day life.
Clear clash on cultures between old vs new. Clear struggle with change. Especially those who have been with the company since day dot.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Culture clashes.
calm environment
No7 Advisor (Current Employee) –  london18 October 2017
fun place to work, able to progress with ease and at a comfortable pace. learning different things everyday and meeting new people everyday is the most enjoyable part
Productive and a fun environment
Boots Customer Assistant heathway (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2017
I loved working at boots as it gave me the confidence i needed to become a hairdresser as i needed to work and communicate with different people all age.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Hours
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 October 2017
Really good company, easy going and proffesional, really enjoyed working for boots. Still a shopper and would work at boots again if the oppurtunity ever came about.
Very boring and
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 October 2017
Very boring and un entertaining, I was very disappointed with my experience. The job required me to work very long hours at the age of 16. I was forced to stand at the front for many hours with a very small break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.