Boots UK Employee Reviews in London

typical day work was rumbling the products
Boots the Chemist - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 July 2018
i was able to improve my soft skills such as communication with coworkers and customers when they need help. also i was able to know when to help the customers and always be smiling to show them that the store is full of positivity.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2018
A typical day at work consisted of laughs and hard work. Stocking shelves and assisting customers in various different departments all done within a 9-5. As days went by during my experience I learnt so many new skills. Such as quality customer service and all the other things a sales assistant needed. The workplace culture was pretty diverse, there were so many different faces and voices and they all made me feel comfortable and welcomed. The hardest part of the job was continuing the hard work throughout the entire day but this helped my build resilience. The part I enjoyed the most was encouraging customers to revisit the store and seeing their faces on another day, helping me notice I was actually good at my job.
Pros
Free lunches
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2018
The staff were overrun and expected to do things that were well beyond their skill set- hopping on pharmacy, fragrance or makeup counters. Worked well beyond contracted hours and threatened when questioned it. Was hired for a part time permanent position then fired (mid work day) after the Christmas period. No regular breaks, barely enough time for a sandwich. They also underpaid me multiple times and I never saw this money again.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours, missing pay never given, unreasonable management, no honouring of contract
fun workplace
Sales assistant // Dartford, Greater (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2018
very motivation staff members
enjoyable parts would be stacking the merchandise
learned a lot of new skills such as being more precise and taking more attention to detail.
Fun and easy
Boots Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2018
As a previous work experience i had with boots uk, i can say that the job though me a lot, I learnt so many things, for example how to talk to customers and how to help them, how to work with people, and how to ask for help when needed. Initially I had to work on timing, because they need the work to be done fast. But as for that all was perfect.
Pros
Duration of lunch
Cons
awful company to work for
Care Homes Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 June 2018
awful company to work for i worked in pharmacy where it was under staffed. i was a manager and complained about staffing issues and no one cared really disappointing company to work for the wages were rubbish with no pay rises. i was a manager but paying some of my staff below me more money than i earned it was an absolute joke don your self a favour and work somewhere else.
Pros
leaving this job
Cons
everything
Brilliant training opportunities and friendly atmosphere.
pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 June 2018
Mostly Busy stores, with a range of services provided in store. Can be understaffed at times. Provide opportunities to develop and train for services. Great colleges and friends with friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Great Training opportunities
Cons
Late Shifts
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
I learned many skills such as stock control, working on the tills and stacking shelves. boots is a very good job tiring but worth it. my favourite was working on tills.
Pros
fun
Active
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Boots is my first retail company. Only part time but fantastic atmosphere. Met lovely people along my journey.

Definite career progression if putting in the work.
Pros
Time goes by very quick
Cons
no cons
Undervalued
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
Get asked to do more than my job description on a daily basis, seriously under staffed every day. Management love to hold you responsible for anything that they find wrong, even if you had nothing to do with it.
Productive and nice work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
Staff were very nice and management was generally nice. Most enjoyable part was customer service sometimes going to stock room can be tedious however it is apart of the job.
fun work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
easy to work in groups and learning new things is easy. working with a range of people from old to young. daily tasks were different allowed me to challenge myself to do new things
Boots
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 May 2018
This shop sells products at a reasonable price,employees/employers seem to be nice and helpful,there’s never congestion in boots shops
You can easily find what you want and there are various products you can find in boots from skin care/healthy care and hair care
Pros
Getting off early from work
It was productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 May 2018
I only spent a week (working experience) i got some valuable experience but the management was a bit all over the place and some of the workers didn’t really ackowledge i was there
Fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 May 2018
I worked weekends at Heathrow T4 for boots. I had to interact with people daily. Sale and inform people about new products. And accomplish given targets.
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2018
good student job, great people to work with, good working environment, good products, good management, good systems, good discounts and standard benefits
It's ok
N°7 Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 May 2018
The company has important organizational problems and they don't have enough staff to fulfill the daily activities.
The colleagues at my store are very friendly and helpful, there is a very good work environment.
productive workplace
Part-time sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 April 2018
8-9 hr shifts 12pm-8pm
As my first job, shilf filling, and customer satisfaction was my primary goal. i learnt the health and safety precautions and how to avoid serious injuries. The store was well managed, and all staff were working in harmoney. The hardest part was re-arranging the stock room when it got too messy, however the enjoyable part was talking to customers and satifying them.
Pros
10% dicount on perfume
Not a bad place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2018
This was my first job out of school and i had an enjoyable time at Boots. A large majority of the staff were very friendly people. Would recommend as a first job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London14 April 2018
Working at Boots was a very good experience as I was able to gain customer experience, help staff members out with the stocking, promotional work and reduce problems for the customers to worry about.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.