Boots UK Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Negative experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 May 2018
There’s not enough support for women returning from maternity leave. And there’s a lot of blame culture in stores. Working here had a negative effect on my wellbeing.
Nightmare
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 January 2018
Horrible place to work, don’t care about your own health or family nor do they care about patients only the profit and ripping off the nhs.. they have unrealistic targets and are understaffed so much your chasing your own tail all day trying to catch up which never happens. Sales plan is a joke. No time for in store studying which they promise you. Your treated only as a number and to top it off they never pay you correctly..
Pros
The lovely customers you meet
Cons
The way you are treated
Early Starts, Good Pay
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 January 2018
I really did not enjoy working here, it was super early mornings and involved a lot of heavy lifting and was all in all a very tedious job. One manager was extremely rude anx expected new starts to know exactly what to do straight away. Some of the staff werent very friendly and all in all I just really did not enjoy the job.
Pros
£8 an hour pay no matter your age.
Cons
Unfriendly staff, early starts.
Awful company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 November 2017
Worst company to work for. Wasted 9 sorry years with these people and just wish I left long before now. Rubbish pay, promise you career development which never comes to light, no bonus, no reward. Ypu are only a number. Work for someone who appreciates the hard work staff put in.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Low pay, no bonus, no staff reward, not recognised, just a number lost in a crowd, above reasonable expectations of staff, no support
Great People.
Optical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow13 September 2017
I loved my job and the people, poor upper management outwith the store caused a lot of stress which in the end wasn't worth it. I also left so I could travel so you never know I could be back.
Pros
Colleagues
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow21 August 2017
Staff are extremely friendly and approachable, they make the job worthwhile.
Top heavy structure, too many managers not enough lower level staff.
I learned how to deal with sales plans and difficult customers which contributed to my communication skils.
2 week mandatory
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 August 2017
this was a high school mandatory 2 week gig where we had to just work for experience. i loved it at boots - they're cool people, had fun. it keeps you busy
Crazy busy environment
Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow2 August 2017
A wouldn't say the company is bad would say however they could be doing with some more management training with some of the manager that they have working for the company there is always something new to achieve and learn witch is great not two days are ever the same
Practice manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 July 2017
A company committed to investing in its people. Always keen to support and develop its employees with structured training programs and various platforms to allow you to succeed.
Pros
Great people
fun place to work

- low hour contracts
- lack of training
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  glasgow fort7 June 2017
I worked in many different jobs at boots but it was a great place to work just long hours, the other workers are so friendly as well was like a big family.
Fun
Sales Retail (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 May 2017
I undertook this sales retail job years ago as a work experience for my school. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my first job and it was a really happy fun place to work. Lovely enviroment.
Enjoyable experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 April 2017
Boots are a great company to work for and I found this out during my time there. During a typical working day for me it involved mainly stocking the shelves and helping customers. This helped develop people skills for me since I was talking to complete strangers day in day out. The management were very helpful in getting me used to my role by sending an experienced worker to help me over my first few days. The hardest part was moving the rollers onto the floor. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction with others as it builds confidence.
Pros
Discount on products
Hard going
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 April 2017
The hours can be difficult and changing the shifts at short notice can be very distributive to family life which I why I would like to find new employment
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours
Not a great place to work
Sales Assistant Part - Time (Former Employee) –  Glasgow13 September 2016
The management were not very approachable and were often unavailable if you needed assistance.
Co-workers did not make an effort to talk to new staff or make them feel welcome.
I only worked here a short time but the culture was not very pleasant. The job was not difficult at all.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits.
Pros
Easy job, good benefits
Cons
Menial work, unfriendly atmosphere
Worked during Christmas season and loved it
Christmas Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 July 2016
As a Christmas Customer Assistant I actually had a lot of different duties within my role at Boots. I served customers, stocked the shelves, answered any questions about products and done a little bit of merchandising.

Benefits were the wage and discount. I was only 17 when I worked for Boots and I can't remember exactly how much I earned per hour but it was well above minimum wage, and you receive 12.5% off of all products and 22.5% (I think) off of all Boots own products which includes No.7!!! And at Christmas we were all given a small goodie bag which included a couple of used perfumes (sample bottles that cannot be sold), a hand cream and nail polish.

The staff in my store were all incredibly friendly and very welcoming when I started which was great since I was the youngest there and it was my first ever job.

There are also night shifts on some days which is when the stock gets replenished. In my store these were normally 5pm-9pm so it was never too late a finish.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed working for Boots and I was quite disappointed when the Christmas staff weren't able to be kept on as I would have happily worked there longer.
Pros
Wage & staff discount
Cons
Christmas staff don't always get kept on
horrible management
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 May 2016
management made you feel unapprceiated and feel like i didnt want to go there because of this. the manager treated me like i was an idiot and had no plans to keep me working there, as they didnt even give me a name tag with my name on it and made me wear one with another name. the full time i felt isolated and continuisly patronised.
Do not work for this company !!
Former PDC driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow10 May 2016
If you want to be insulted, underpaid ,stressed out , lied to ,work for nothing on a daily basis , wear a cheap and nasty uniform , not know from one minute to the next wether you are working or not , be unable to plan a family/social life , break the law on a regular basis to enable you to keep to your schedule , be told you have a PVG for you and your customers safety when you don't , work in a culture of telling tales and passing blame , have no rights to speak to anyone in HR dept , be subject to random searches and suspicion , pay higher prices for goods with your discount card than you can get in the shop next door , be forced to listen to company bull***t every morning , be appreciated by your customers , then this is the place for you!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
See above
Seasonal Sales
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 April 2016
It was a great company to work for, the managers were great, helped with any questions, everyone was very friendly. The really rely on people being able to manage themselves for the most port, which I excel at, so it fit perfectly for me.
Pros
Everything about this job, I loved it.
Cons
It was temporary.
Fun workplace, very operationally and customer focused
Role - Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 February 2016
A typical day can be very busy, dealing with customers, serving and working deliveries and ensuring that all staff are motivated and ready for the day. I have learned a lot since working for the company as they have put me through a number of courses such as healthcare advisor course, dispensing assistant course as well as a management course. I enjoy working with all my colleagues they make the job so much fun and we all work as one bug team and it is like one big happy family. The hardest part of my job can be the planning of the entire stores holidays ensuring that all areas are fully covered making sure customer care is not affected. There can be a lot of paperwork to get through in a week while trying to ensure all other aspects are covered. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the different kinds of people wither staff or the public. you get a lot of variety in the job and never left bored.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.