Boots UK Employee Reviews in Burton-On-Trent

Picking and packing orders for people very nice place clean good people very friendly
picking and packing (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire25 December 2017
The boots is very high it is a company where u can relax and work normaly with out stress very Nice people friendly people u get paid on tíme payslips comes on tíme on email
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not an actual admin role
Warehouse Admin (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent21 December 2017
I applied for an admin role within the Boots warehouse in Burton so obviously I expected a admin role and not to have to be working around lifting heavy items and working with high places (as I am terrified of heights). It turns out it included all of that and that meant I simply could not work there for that long as I was scared half to death and also could not manage all the heavy items.

The people were nice though so there is that if you can handle the stuff I can't :)
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Information, Heights, Heavy Items
massive company
Supervisor/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent15 December 2017
i would start my day making sure everyone was happy with what they were doing, giving them more training if they needed it. listening out for the tannoy system in case of first aid call out. i sometimes drove i reach truck, sometimes i was in the dispatch office making sure all the trucks had everything on them the needed before giving them the dispatch note. i learnt how to drive a reach and lift truck, gained my first aid certificate and became fire marshall. there were people from all over the world who worked there. the hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to staff after Christmas period. the most enjoyable part was meeting such a variety of people. the management mainly cared about figures and not so much about loyal staff
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
could be very long hours
Nice work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire12 December 2017
Boots was nice but I looking for a permanent job. Because boots is not permanent job . Sometimes is veerry busy and is to many people at work..... .
Cons
8 hours
Was good job all round
Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire1 December 2017
People were brill had great time here good atmosphere got the work done had a laugh just a shame not long enough hours but all in all great job for people
Pros
Great
Cons
Not enough hours
Hard work pays well.
Warehouse Operative, Trainer, Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent28 September 2017
Boots UK, if you keep your head down, work hard, excell in your area then you wont have a problem, you will learn and progress in different areas and meet new people, but if you go there to chill out or hide away then it's not the job for you, dealing with many types of these people trying to motivate them and keep there spirits up to do the work needed, great place to work and i do miss it alot. As i say though if your intention is to get a easy ride and payout look elsewhere.
Pros
Overtime, New Experiences, Flt, Working in large and small teams, learn new skills
Cons
Very hot in the summer, Very cold in the winter, Peak times can be stressfull.
Rude super users and management team.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire28 September 2017
Worst place I've ever worked, me and a few other agency workers were constantly picked on and blamed for others mistakes. All the Polish/foreign staff wouldn't speak to you if you were English, only when they were giving you orders, that's why I left. Worst job ever wouldn't put my worst enemy into the company.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Rude staff, racist.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire7 August 2017
I loved working for the work place every day I go in with a smile and big confidence and come out with a smile working in a team and colleagues was very helpful if I didn't understand anything they would help me I worked too my hardest and loved it.
Pros
Free lunch
warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent9 June 2017
working in the warehouse as packer mangement were great work place culture was great hardest part of the some of the lifting and i enjoyed the challenge
Pros
meeting new vpeople
Busy
Picker packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent31 May 2017
If had permanent contracts would be better

Very busy at Christmas fast paced but quiet fun environment to work

Not against a return during Christmas
But would prefer a permanent placement
Warehouse Operative/Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire18 May 2017
I enjoyed working in the Boots Warehouse because that gave me an insight on how all goods get packaged and delivered. I also learned what it is like to work at a place where it is busy from morning till night. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people on my breaks that were of diverse background to me and it gave me a chance to learn about other peoples cultures and how they live by interacting with different types of people. Furthermore I was astonished by all the machines and technology and felt privileged to have been working there for Christmas temp.
Pros
work public bus
Cons
very far away from my house
Nice Job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire30 March 2017
Had to work 5 week pattern shift that did not suit me don't mind working weekends but these shifts all different times.Really good Job working on despatch. This was temporary work and they offered me a Job at the end of Christmas period.
Pros
Nice Job
Cons
Shift Pattern
Productive Place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton, ON29 March 2017
The employees are fun and enjoyable to work with, the job sometimes get hard but i just hold my head down and do as i am told. I have gain experience within warehouse field.
Pros
Free Tea
Cons
Long Hours
Good work on a picktime
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire20 March 2017
Good job and pleasant work... I learned a lot in this place... There is no time for boredom so the time is rapidly passing. Big canteen, good kitchen = hood food catering. But for small locker.
Pros
Big cantteen
Cons
They do not pay for breaks
Reach Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire20 March 2017
Was on a temp contract there but staff there very welcoming and enjoyable place to work canteen service very good in house training also very well run
hated it
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire16 March 2017
worst place i have worked staff and management are rude and dont care for the safety and well being of there employees would never recommend a friend to work there
good
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire8 February 2017
good work ethic needs to invest in time into staff and team leaders
pay could be better. some senior management have no idea of operation in how it realistically works
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
lack of vision operation side
Picker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent5 February 2017
I had the scanner and the was showing me place where i need to go and which product i need them a scanned the product and put it in the troley on right place
Productive and fun place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire28 January 2017
-the hard part of this work is that you have to go very faar

-Instead managers are professionals and really help staff

-The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you encounter something you can not solve're helped by managers
Pros
Free launch
Bad company
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire23 January 2017
Job is easy but leader and management From Poland are not fine for People and pyment is so bad. Overtime is the sejm price and when you want promotion you must sleep with management this say me one girl.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Bad managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.