Boots UK Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Productive workplace
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 June 2018
I learned to become more independent by dealing with tasks alone and coming up with solutions efficiently. I gained valuable experience, which has helped me in every day life.
Productive and fun workplace
Optometrist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 August 2017
Doing work experience at a boots opticians has opened my eyes when it comes to getting to know the customers as the people there were really friendly towards the staff.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Gets busy
Horrible
Beauty Advisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 July 2017
Awful untrained staff, Managers didn't have a clue how to do their job properly. I was underpaid nearly £3000 whilst working for this company. Would avoid at all costs.
Great team
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 July 2017
I feel at boots it's about the team you work with. Most often it's great and managers allow you to have fun whilst at work. However when there's a constant change in managers and their styles of managing it is not the best place to be. The hourly wage rate is great.
Overall
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 July 2017
Typical day of work consists of multi tasking, learned to get out as soon as I could.
Management: very poor. If they do not like you they try to push you out!
The job wasn't very hard just very unrealistic targets.
The most enjoyable was the customers and making them smile.
Pros
Always something to do never bored
Cons
Management is rubbish, never know what they are doing and they unable to give you a yes or no
Experience
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 June 2017
Great place to work, while working at Boots Opticians I gained a lot of knowledge dealing and working with people from all walks of life. I have also gained experience in optics which can lead to great opportunities.
Pros
Free tests
good
Warehouse/Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham10 April 2017
defo would do again if I thought the job was attainable but it isn't so what the the problem there? anyway please give me a job blah blah blah hows this for a review?
Much better in the past.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 February 2017
Going into work,some days i was the key holder,setting the tills up and cashing up,ordering change.Then on too my counter to make sure it was all good too go.Checking off delivery on shop floor.
Management depended on who was manager at the time!
Some of the customers made your day.
Pros
non
Cons
your face either fits or it dosent!
fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 January 2017
hard and fun and worth while. it has it'd ups and downs but you get used to the hardship and it becomes easy. a hard days work makes being a home a holiday
Great workplace
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 January 2017
I was a Christmas Temp and had been payed a great amount of pay for a 16 year old. I was payed £7.99 which was amazing. It was a great environment to work within. However there was a lack of management and organisation.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Productive place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 December 2016
My time at boots was very good ,a good company to work for I gained a number of experience,good management helping to support the staff in furthering there career. EEery good on customer service.
Pros
Staff discount
Friendly and supportive place to work
Christmas Temporary Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 October 2016
The job works well around a casual job and management make sure that the hours fit well with other commitments. The salary is decent and the staff/management are appreciative are supportive.
Pros
Early starts
Work experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 May 2016
It was great experience to work there.
1.Shelving
2.guiding customers
3.work at ware house
Main thing nothing is hard coz when there is will there is a way. Overall I enjoyed working there and the environment with my co-workers was really healthy. I learn to adjust myself in new environment.
productive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 May 2016
a very productive place to expand your knowledge on the real world and utilising my second language for the better was also a fantastic opportunity.
productive proffesional
(No7)/ Fragrance assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham14 March 2016
really enjoyed my time at boots was a lovely experience. The staff were very friendly and the environment was very positive
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
short break
Productive and enjoyable
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre29 February 2016
A typical day of working with Miniclub involves assisting customers to ensure that they leave Boots happily and that their needs are met.
Amazing Experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 February 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me turning up at 9 in the morning and sorting out the delivery that Boots used to get every Saturday and start putting it out on shop floor. I would then work on the tills for a while until my break at around 1:30-2 depending on the day itself. I would then come back on shop floor and walk around helping customers with their needs as well working on till whenever needed. I learned alot of patience and independence while working here as working with the genreal public is never easy going. The managers were lovely and so supportive. They always took into account time for my studys. My co workers were also lovely and were such fun to be around every weekend. The hardest part of my job was learning where everything was in store however after a while I got used to it. The most enjoyable part of my job was the till as when I was a kid i was obsessed with the till.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Nothing.
Fun and hard working with long hours
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham8 February 2016
A typical day is taking stock from upstairs and downstairs and putting it on shelves and taking excess products into stock.
What I've learned is that it takes a lot of work to do and memory skills are needed but when everything is full and looks perfect its very rewarding to know that you done so much in so little time.
The management is good, staff are always willing to help and are caring and supportive with a good and happy workplace attitude
Pros
Personal rewards, friendly attitude
Cons
Long hours and only one hour breaks so feet hurt alot for the couple of days
it was a productive and fun work place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 June 2015
At work i would check the stock take make sure everything is on the correct shelves. I helped out on tills and also provided very good customer service. Management and my co-workers were very good and helped me get used to it and figure everything out when i first started. The hardest part of the job is working on the tills under pressure when there is a queue.
Pros
I gained retail experience
An enjoyable place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG15 June 2015
I worked mainly in the photography department, on the tills. I would take customer orders, assist customers using the photo machines, answer their queries and generally stock and tidy the shelves. At closing time I was responsible for cashing up the tills on my section and handing the takings over to the cash office.

I gained customer service skills. I also learned to work along side a variety of people at different levels within the organisation. The most difficult part of the job was looking out for customers who were trying to buy items which had a purchase limit on them. The most enjoyable p[art of my job was meeting new people and getting positive customer feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.