Boots UK Employee Reviews

fun and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 July 2018
A very friendly environment to work in aaswwell as good pay, although it can get very busy but is still manageable due to the helpful staff. Also, you get an opportunity to learn many new skill such as stocking and tills.
fun workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge16 July 2018
friendly environment, clear and friendly members of staff
great to work with.
safe and clean working environment, i learnt how to update prices on products including making discount tickets and displaying them.
fun working place
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent11 July 2018
the job at boots was nice place to work for. the job security was bad you never know when you gone leave the job.apart from that the job was nice. it was not hard work.
Pros
boots got own kitchen. you have to buy the food your self
Cons
hours was 7 to 8 hours daily
Fun Experiance
Student placement (Former Employee) –  Poplar, Greater London11 July 2018
for a first job experience, this working environment was largely convenient. the job location was close to home, making travel easy, work colleagues were all friendly. while management was not on par with expectations, general experience was very fun and enjoyable.
Was good company, now greedy capitalist pigs
Zero-hour contract (Former Employee) –  Beeston, Nottinghamshire11 July 2018
A Well-known notts company ruined by Americans. Inside D10 is like a prison, staff are treated like scum and are subjected to cutbacks that effect their health and well-being. Worst job of my life.
Cons
typical day work was rumbling the products
Boots the Chemist - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 July 2018
i was able to improve my soft skills such as communication with coworkers and customers when they need help. also i was able to know when to help the customers and always be smiling to show them that the store is full of positivity.
Customer Service
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford9 July 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is making a customer happy as it is so rewarding, therefore I have learned that by making customers satisfied then your day goes very smoothly. Working in Boots has developed my confidence, both in and out of work, by being subjected to a vast array of people.
fun workplace
Health Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks8 July 2018
I was very happy to have the opportunity to become a pharmacy advisor and thoroughly enjoyed my role.
My manager and the Pharmacist were very supportive with my training and after I received my qualification.
Work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy7 July 2018
Made new friends
Gained new experience
Friendly staff
Lovely customers
1 hour lunch times
Learned to date check
Friendly managers and easy to talk to
Loved working at boots
Dont even go there!
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  Dudley6 July 2018
Worst company to ever work for. Management are useless couldn’t run there finger up there nostril straight. Always work over due to not having enough staff and then when ask for your time back you are questioned and asked why you stayed behind. Do not work here if you don’t wanna run round like a headless chicken. So many errors are made dispensing due to feeling stressed and on edge all the time, always under pressure and not payed enough! Area manager always pulling staff from our store to other stores saying we are the over staffed store then expected to manage and get medication out on time to patients with hardly any staff. I could carry on but I’ll just leave it there.

Want to know more about Boots UK?

Ask a question
tedioius
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 July 2018
- checking rx
- patient advice
services-murs nms travel vaccinations, flu
very high pressure in some stores
short staffed in majority of stores
Detailed and enjoyable
Junior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire4 July 2018
Within Boots Master Data my day to day roles would be to validate and upload Microsoft Excel forms to the Boots UK main Hub, as well as hold meetings.
Pros
Staff perks
Cons
No Over-time
Great company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chard3 July 2018
great atmosphere in the workplace, a small branch of Boots, in those days there was a canteen to eat lunch, so no wasting time finding a place to eat, a yearly bonus, overall brilliant
Pros
good hours of work
Cons
bus service difficult to get there and back
Makes a good pitch to employees and applicants, but doesn't follow through.
Boots Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 July 2018
Very overworked and underpaid. Staffing seems to be the bare minimum but that doesn't get addressed. Very target/number focused. Certain people get treated differently to others. Upper management are inept and don't seem to have concern or appreciation for staff. Some stores aren't very organised. Often promised something but never get it or see it happen. Stress is common.
Pros
Discount is good, big company so job security is mostly safe, really great people in most of the teams
Cons
Pay is not competitive, minimum resources to do your job but expected to make targets regardless, treated as a number, not a person.
rewarding place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk29 June 2018
I enjoyed my work-experience at boots. It taught me alot to do with the retail sector and it is something that has stayed with me through the years. i learnt of many different jobs that boots entitles....i learnt about being out on the shop floor and about stock taking and stacking shelves,learnt about helping customers and selling make up and what it is like to work in the dispencery. displays and fire drills and health and safety. very friendly enviorment.
Pros
lockers provided for stuff
Cons
Management need to step up
Dispenser (Current Employee) –  Scottish Borders29 June 2018
Management are an absolute joke! They pretend to care about you then will just gossip about you with colleagues behind your back, and everyone seems to be very too faced. They can be very unprofessional and quick to dismiss issues because it's too much effort for them. I do not feel like a valued member of staff, and any suggestions I make on how to improve are quickly dismissed as well. I'm fed up with dreading coming to work because I know there will be 101 problems to sort out due to miscommunication or pure laziness.
Pros
Training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2018
A typical day at work consisted of laughs and hard work. Stocking shelves and assisting customers in various different departments all done within a 9-5. As days went by during my experience I learnt so many new skills. Such as quality customer service and all the other things a sales assistant needed. The workplace culture was pretty diverse, there were so many different faces and voices and they all made me feel comfortable and welcomed. The hardest part of the job was continuing the hard work throughout the entire day but this helped my build resilience. The part I enjoyed the most was encouraging customers to revisit the store and seeing their faces on another day, helping me notice I was actually good at my job.
Pros
Free lunches
Good money, busy enviroment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 June 2018
Extremely busy around holidays, hard work, many customers. Customers can get fed up quickly, not enough till staff sometimes therefore long ques and more aggression from customers.
Good pay, management change frequently
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate28 June 2018
Good pay
Management change frequently
Always extra shifts available
Hire young people
Good working environment
Sometimes quite boring
On your feet alot
Give you the chance to progress in different roles.
Boots Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire28 June 2018
You are given the chance to try out new roles within the store.
Staff are friendly and very helpful.
Learn to understand customers and very rewarding when they acknowledge your help.
Learn about new fragrances and new trends within the beauty market.
E-learning making learning more enjoyable as can be done from home.
I have learnt a lot within Boots and gained a good understanding of the many types of customers than use the store , great satisfaction working in the beauty side.
Would recommend
Pros
Staff discount card
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.