Boots UK Employee Reviews

Eh
Warehouse work (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom16 January 2018
Get to work, go through security because they dont trust any of the workers, only to be told what to do by some team leader who has next to no common sense. Yep. Pay is decent for what it is.
Great
Optical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire15 January 2018
Good place to work, constantly learning new things as each day is never exactly the same.
Good company to work for, very fair and good salary. Good for people who like communicating.
Easy place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 January 2018
Easy place to work, with lots of training and friendly staff. Good salary and many benefits to the job as in staff discounts and leaning possibilities to further yourself.
Pros
Staff discount
Busy, fun,educational
Trainee Pharmact Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boots Alexandria15 January 2018
I deal with pharmacy delivery at start of day, putting away medication, storing it correctly etc, while covering healthcare counter. This is dealing with customer purchasing toiletries, over the counter medication etc. When dealing with the medication i notify the customer of how to use, for what period and that it may not be suitable depending on circumstances, while also helping them with suitable medication for problem. As i am still training , in the afternoon i am giving some training on computer system used in pharmacy as well as dispensing, labelling etc. I am also used for queue busting in the pharmacy(which entails taking prescriptions of customer, checking if we have said item and giving them an approximate time for prescription to be ready or giving them out prescription , checking their details , asking if we request repeat for them and letting them know when next repeat will be ready)and on healthcare counter. At end of the night i change counter caches and with a colleague put them in safe and complete appropriate paperwork. On occasions i may have to shelf monitor, do count lists, put out shop delivery, book in shop delivery, deal with shop recalls , do a sales-plan and do a change run with another colleague.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
no cons
Very nice people around team working,friendly
Picker/Packer wearhouse (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire14 January 2018
Working on weekends only. It was really nice to work there with really nice and friendly people. Very good security wearhouse and team menagment. I really enjoyed to work there.
Fast paced and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford13 January 2018
Nice Place to work.

Good discount and fun place as I was working in a shopping centre.

Management would change a lot but it was ok.

Very good training opportunities.
Pros
Good atmosphere, training is good and good oppertunities.
Great learning experince
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London13 January 2018
A typcial day at work was working in the stock room , helping out fellow staff members with filling out stock. I learnt about teamwork , working in unity with everyone in your department and busniess.
Pros
Gained a lot of experince
Cons
No real traning.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
Great way to adapt communication skills and customer service skills. I learnt many things about retail and the management was excellent.
Best way to learn customer service skills and the service is great . I would be a pleased customer
Pros
Great management
productive and nice place
safe management assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire11 January 2018
Boots is a nice and productive place to work. Just less pay compared to Aldi and lidl where basically same services are rendered. It is a place you can grow as well
very busy but nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgnorth, Shropshire10 January 2018
most enjoyable day was meeting the regular customers, engaging in conversation but still working
The worse part of the job never enough staff due to cut backs a
Nice
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
Everyday stacking shelves. Speaking to different people everyday. Knowledge of products, that even I use some and most of the time, knowing the benefits.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
After school hours
fun workplacement
Conference assistant Medcity Co-Formulate (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire9 January 2018
The hardest but working there was making medicine and helping other people, the enjoyable part of working with boots was getting to make different kind of tablets. The typical day at work would be going in the lab and helping other people if they haven't got the right substance.
Pros
free lunches
A Great Place To Work
Temporary Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford9 January 2018
I have so far thoroughly enjoyed working for Boots, I love being a member of the team and will continue to do so, until I am no longer required. I have learnt a great deal while working at the Chelmsford High Chelmer branch,
Pros
The team
Disillushioned
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent9 January 2018
Enjoy the customer service role and launching new products.I am disillusioned with the company and am not happy the way forward it is going.Staff are never replaced therefore putting extra burden on remaining staff.Management are not consistent or fair
Pros
Discount .
Cons
Time worked longer than stated hours with nothing given back for it.
Stressful time of year
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire8 January 2018
I worked as a Christmas temp in 2016. I found the restocking quite fun but sometimes the management could be a little disorganised. However I had an overall good time working there and the pay was good for me.
Pros
Discount, nice staff
Cons
Busy
long hours, no reward
Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2018
long hours, no reward, not what i envisaged my career to be like. A lot of pressure, Work hard and you don't get anything for it. wouldn't recommend this to anyone. never any staff. Expect late nights and to work on your days off.
Benefits are holidays and job security.
Pros
job security
Cons
no job satisfaction
Fun job for christmas but poor organisation
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath8 January 2018
Enjoyed working at Boots as a christmas temp. Really nice team members and got paid weekly.

But really poorly organised rotas, induction and training. Didn't receive end of contract review after approaching a couple of different managers. In first interview was told that a lot of temp are kept on but actually hardly any were.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Bit disorganised
Productive fun place to work
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire8 January 2018
A typical day at work is normally very fun I have made some amazing friends at boots, management are great and have been very helpful with my hours to fit around my own personal life example my children, you get to work with the public wish great to.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Working all over xmas
colleagues are lovely, management don't care about staff
Optical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London7 January 2018
assistant managers were fantastic, anyone above that, didn't care about us.
retail hours are terrible and pay is too low for work load. benefits are good through my employee savings, bonus was nothing compared to what managers get.
Pros
it was clean mostly
Cons
working past contracted work time and not getting hours back.
it was fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinner Station7 January 2018
loved working for them, even if its for a week. the staff are very nice. i work their for work experience so i did't get paid. i had to travel quite far for the work.
Pros
lunch is not free
Cons
work started at 9 to 5. 1 hour lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.