Boots UK Employee Reviews

Loved It Here
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull19 January 2018
I loved working for Boots. They are a professional company to work for .
My colleagues were great fun and we worked as a team . Christmas was an especially nice time there despite being busy.
Hours are good and time off is good. All breaks were honoured.
Great home and worklife balance.
Pros
Fab Place To Work
Horrible & Bad Place To Work
PDC Driver (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne19 January 2018
Worked here for 2 months and it was an absolute disgrace. A typical day at work would involve turning up to the office and be allocated a route (all routes were different every day and the easier ones seemed to get stitched up to the workers who were actually dealing with the routes on the computer). I would go out usually 15 minutes early or so (laugh) because all other drivers seemed to be doing this. No extra pay!!!. The routes were unrealistic as they give you far to less time in doctors and pharmacies to actually collect or deliver what you are supposed to. That far out that they actually gave me 3 minutes to get to one pharmacy which was clearly at least a 10-minute job. they do not take traffic into consideration. They put you under far to much pressure and timings are all wrong. if I was on an evening shift, they were not bothered if you were on an afternoon shift that you might be late back. they just let the other person deal with it that was on the evening shift with you. so more pressure put on colleagues also! Managment did not have a clue how to deal with all this and false promises are still being made if you look back at the reviews further back even 3 - 4 years ago. nothing seems to have changed. The people that worked there were okay to get on with but in general, I got the impression if you had been there for a number of years you had control of what you wanted to do on any given day. Certain shifts were stitched up and it seemed you wouldn't get a chance if you had not earned your stripes. The hardest part of the job was being put on different routes all  more... the time and timings were not changed for you. it was basically go get it done in the same time that the guy that has been here for 10 years does. JOKE!. Nothing enjoyable about this job and I would urge anyone to think carefully before taking it.  less
Cons
Great place to work if you don't step into management
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  England18 January 2018
If you go into management expect to be ready to answer whatsapp/MS groups mesages long after finishing work or on day off.
I enjoy working with a great in store team of very different individuals as well as interacting with customers on a regular basis.
Pros
staff discounts and benefits
Cons
can't switch off after work
Good place to work but no balance to work/life
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 January 2018
hours were not always permanent and sometimes changed last minute
(part time work)
management have no consideration for outside of work life
hard to progress unless your mangers are willing to give you a chance or interested in letting you progress.
Learnt a lot working in this role over the years
Pros
staff discounts, learn new skills
Cons
hours
fun workplace
Sales assistant and stock assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire18 January 2018
everyone is always nice and caring no matter what department you're in, everyone always has a smile on there face no matter what time of the day it may be and everyone is always willing to work hard
friendly work
Warehouse Opperative/Picking Driver (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire18 January 2018
daily basis picking and packing , some people doing as forklift drivers.
Music at work ,many foreigners,good place for new relations and grat time with new friends
Pros
fun at work
Cons
night shifts
Lovely place to work and very friendly
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, Oxfordshire18 January 2018
I loved working there but my passion was always with animals so when I got offered a job elsewhere then I had to take it.
They made my time there enjoyable.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working Saturdays
PDC Driver Gateshead
PDC Driver.(PART TIME) (Former Employee) –  Gateshead17 January 2018
I WAS a PDC Driver , I'm so pleased I'm not now. Worst job I ever had, Poor hours , constant pressure from management, Poor pay . Some of the people you visit will break your heart yet you don't have time to interact with them as the delivery schedule must be met
( usally by breaking speed limits) The Troops on the PDC Team were great , Boots Pharmacy staff not so , they look down on you and ignore you most of the time. It didn't take me long to find a new job and leave Boots. So glad I did 😊
Pros
Good bunch of PDC Drivers
Cons
Poor hours, Poor Pay, Constant pressure from management
Eh
Warehouse work (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom16 January 2018
Get to work, go through security because they dont trust any of the workers, only to be told what to do by some team leader who has next to no common sense. Yep. Pay is decent for what it is.
Good Company to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City15 January 2018
Only been with Boots since May 2017 and came from the oil and gas industry and so far they have been a good company to work for and are interested in progressing their staff as I am now being trained for an Assistant Managers position. I have found the Management very approachable and all staff are friendly to work with.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
Hourly Rate

Want to know more about Boots UK?

Ask a question
Great
Optical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire15 January 2018
Good place to work, constantly learning new things as each day is never exactly the same.
Good company to work for, very fair and good salary. Good for people who like communicating.
Easy place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 January 2018
Easy place to work, with lots of training and friendly staff. Good salary and many benefits to the job as in staff discounts and leaning possibilities to further yourself.
Pros
Staff discount
Busy, fun,educational
Trainee Pharmact Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boots Alexandria15 January 2018
I deal with pharmacy delivery at start of day, putting away medication, storing it correctly etc, while covering healthcare counter. This is dealing with customer purchasing toiletries, over the counter medication etc. When dealing with the medication i notify the customer of how to use, for what period and that it may not be suitable depending on circumstances, while also helping them with suitable medication for problem. As i am still training , in the afternoon i am giving some training on computer system used in pharmacy as well as dispensing, labelling etc. I am also used for queue busting in the pharmacy(which entails taking prescriptions of customer, checking if we have said item and giving them an approximate time for prescription to be ready or giving them out prescription , checking their details , asking if we request repeat for them and letting them know when next repeat will be ready)and on healthcare counter. At end of the night i change counter caches and with a colleague put them in safe and complete appropriate paperwork. On occasions i may have to shelf monitor, do count lists, put out shop delivery, book in shop delivery, deal with shop recalls , do a sales-plan and do a change run with another colleague.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
no cons
Very nice people around team working,friendly
Picker/Packer wearhouse (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire14 January 2018
Working on weekends only. It was really nice to work there with really nice and friendly people. Very good security wearhouse and team menagment. I really enjoyed to work there.
Fast paced and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford13 January 2018
Nice Place to work.

Good discount and fun place as I was working in a shopping centre.

Management would change a lot but it was ok.

Very good training opportunities.
Pros
Good atmosphere, training is good and good oppertunities.
Great learning experince
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London13 January 2018
A typcial day at work was working in the stock room , helping out fellow staff members with filling out stock. I learnt about teamwork , working in unity with everyone in your department and busniess.
Pros
Gained a lot of experince
Cons
No real traning.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
Great way to adapt communication skills and customer service skills. I learnt many things about retail and the management was excellent.
Best way to learn customer service skills and the service is great . I would be a pleased customer
Pros
Great management
productive and nice place
safe management assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire11 January 2018
Boots is a nice and productive place to work. Just less pay compared to Aldi and lidl where basically same services are rendered. It is a place you can grow as well
very busy but nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgnorth, Shropshire10 January 2018
most enjoyable day was meeting the regular customers, engaging in conversation but still working
The worse part of the job never enough staff due to cut backs a
Nice
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
Everyday stacking shelves. Speaking to different people everyday. Knowledge of products, that even I use some and most of the time, knowing the benefits.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
After school hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.