Boots UK Employee Reviews

boots
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury16 August 2018
Boot's is an awful company to work for especially for the PDC driver's side of the company.You are not given enough time to complete your route unless you start work early you due to start at 08.45 but when i was working for them i used to start my route at 08.15 because that's the only way you would complete on time.You're better off looking elsewhere if you don't like stress.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Lack of interest
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex16 August 2018
There is a lack of interest in the Staff's wellbeing, NOT making them 'feel good'! For example:The Staff area badly needs attention, as there are rolls of wallpaper peeling off the walls.
High expectations
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 August 2018
Senior management expect a lot. Communication is not always at standard it should be. Expect to be contacted regarding work during your annual leave and days off. No work mobile provided. As other reviews state, you end up putting in the extra hours to fill the gaps in your workplace and you get no thanks or pay for it. It’s expected. Career progression depends on your direct line manager, it’s not consistent. Standards are not consistent from store to store.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unpaid overtime, lack of communication
Amazing place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester13 August 2018
I loved working here, but unfortunately had to leave due to starting university elsewhere. The team was managed wonderfully and I had the opportunity for extra hours when I wanted them.
Fine place to work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nottingham13 August 2018
Good work life balance - Pleasant place to work with good salary, pension and benefits. Good advancement prospects. And good management. Good on the job training.
Worst place ever to work for
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London10 August 2018
Very bad management and pay is always miscalculated. They make you do a lot of work for the time that your there. Company does not protect staff from customers.
Strong local management, frustrating company environment.
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire9 August 2018
Working at Boots is often an exercise in frustration. While store to store management is generally of a very high standard, the company as a whole seems to hold little regard for its employees, even at a management level.

Further, store security was in my experience utterly inextant in spite of a desperate need to ensure staff and customer safety.

In the interest of fairness, Boots did offer a variety of opportunities to further my internal career and increase my wages, though this is ultimately not enough for me to recommend seeking employment there,
Pros
Strong wages, good opportunities for career building, strong local management.
Cons
No in-store security, employees treated as largely disposable by higher management
nice place to work
Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London9 August 2018
boots is a nice company to work for. they always offer you ways to progress as long as you display your willing to do the work. its a really friendly environment
Pros
lots of benefits
Cons
can become repetitive
Strict procedures and processes
Pre Reg pharmacist (Former Employee) –  London8 August 2018
Very well organized and a pleasant company to work with as every process and procedures are all set up and explained in a really structured manner and fashion
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Working hours
Great colleagues, high pressure
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire8 August 2018
A typical day is to check in with my team, check alerts/messages/wtd performance. Cascade relevant information to assistant manager and team, ensure all basics are completed daily/weekly operationally, floor walks, section walks with relevant colleagues. Cash office and security procedures followed. Rotas are accurate and followed. Opportunities to improve business/achieve targets is ongoing. Wellbeing off colleagues is paramount. Performance is reviewed and conversations are daily with colleagues when relevant. Expectation to deliver is obviously very high
Pros
Discount, great colleagues
Cons
Work/life balance
Great first job and perfect for family balance
No 7 advisor (Current Employee) –  Essex8 August 2018
Fantastic job being a No7 advisor it is very rewarding and the benefits are very generous.

Fast paced career with good opportunities! You will learn lots and no two days are ever the same!

I have a great management team and there is a good vibe when at conference and a positive outlook from all that work at the company.

We do have staff cuts and various other decisions that at times can put a strain on us employees but only the same as any other company in this day and age.
Pros
Staff discount, boots benefit box, make-up allowance.
Cons
Staff shortages.
Like everywhere, has its pros and cons
Trainee Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Corby8 August 2018
Ive worked at boots for nearly 3 years, firstly as a customer assistant and recently as a trainee pharmacy advisor.
The biggest issue is understaffing, which gets ignored by higher management due to the budget. It makes the conditions for the staff very unpleasant. I love working on the pharmacy.
the management can be very lax at times.
Pros
Room for advancement, good discount
Cons
management, trying to get holiday dates off, understaffed
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend8 August 2018
I did a few weeks work experience only here whilst at school. The staff were friendly and approachable and taught me the basics. I enjoyed the retail environment.
fun and produtive
wrok experincer (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury7 August 2018
everything was enjoyable the manger at the time tried getting me a job there but wasn't any jobs going they asked me to go back after my 4 weeks was up for another 4 weeks and I really loved it would love to work there again staff was brillent with me they could leave me to do what was asked and was also done quicker than expected
Pros
was understanding with me
Cons
lovely hours
warehause operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent6 August 2018
work there only for short pre christmas perion, busy at times, fair place to work, 4 days shift , 12 h could be demanding to some people, simple job - time goes fast
Poor staffing levels
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 August 2018
All about targets and numbers not patients, never have enough staff to cover holidays or sickness, pay not great and very under appreciated for the work you do
Pros
Discount card
Cons
No staff poor pay
No not i great place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevington Retail park Ashford4 August 2018
Very busy and short staffed When there are so many jobs to do and serve on the counter. Have to rely on taxis to get me here which makes life difficult and bus as I don't drive
working for Boots UK was great retail/ healthcare experience
Dispensing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hempstead and Wigmore3 August 2018
working for Boots UK was always full of busy structured days with a target driven culture that always values a feel good customer experience.
Working within the Pharmacy team, allowed me to work to a high professional standard within both strict regulatory body and internal company operating procedures and guidance.
A typical day would be starting work with a structured model day and targets for that day and week. The job was always customer focused towards customer needs and demands whilst also driving internal targets for private services and performance targets.
The hardest part of the job is working with a limited amount of staff members that was set by the company to deliver on targets and customer satisfaction at all time .
Pros
staff discount. 5 weeks paid holiday. working within a team.
Cons
reduced staffing levels, high targets with reduced staff members. Constantly changing shift patterns.
sales assistant and assitant to pharmacist
Sales Assistant and Assistant to Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Kingsbury2 August 2018
work placement, sales assistant, and assistant to pharmacist
ability to engage with customers, learning opportunities for pharmaceutical industry and general sales experience
Pros
na
Cons
na
Not what it used to be
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset31 July 2018
Boots used to be a good company to work for but now they’re terrible! Poorly treated, morale is at its lowest, staff turnover is at its highest, staff levels have been cut so low that the pharmacy is unsafe and stress levels are sky high. Get lots of abuse from customers because we can no longer deliver them the levels of service we used to be able to. Stab threats on an almost monthly basis because the company will no longer pay out for security or cctv. I miss the old Boots, we all do, however the current Boots is really one to avoid!
Pros
They offer you lifeworks support with each stab threat
Cons
Treat staff poorly, high stress levels, unsafe pharmacy, spending cuts too severe

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.