Boots UK
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Boots UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom3,468 reviews
Found 3,468 reviews matching the search
Great place to learn, not so great management
I really enjoyed some aspects of working at Boots: I loved learning about glasses, I loved being part of a team, and I loved building customer rapport. However, the management was a big let down. My first manager, while a lovely person, wasn't very hands on in the role. My second manager was the reason I left, and was very contradictory in the advice he gave me and was prone to unprofessional displays of annoyance on the shop floor. If you have a thick skin, go for it, you'll learn things that will stick with you for life (if you wear glasses). However, if you need a bit more help than the average worker, don't expect management to help you.
Poor management
Did an apprenticeship there and was treated extremely unfair. Every time there was an error, it was the apprentices fault. The training I received was absolutely useless. Management would always call me into the office and nitpick my every move in the pharmacy which is why I left three months into my apprentice program. I was overworked and underpaid and would definitely NOT recommend!
Stressful.
The job was managed by people who did not listen. The target times were unachievable. No time to be community minded as it impacted on delivery times. Pressure is on daily as main stores not ready with deliveries which impacted further on delivery times. Senior Managers would not meet to discuss or take up an offer of them spending the shift with you so it could be seen in real time the pressures that were put on Drivers. Changing hours with no consultation.
Fun work-placement
Overall, the experience at Boots was fantastic, i learnt a lot regarding working in a fast-paced environment, sticking to a routine and working as a team.
Brilliant to work for.
Great place to work, i only did work experince but would love to get a job here as the team were lovely and friendly. I learnt team building skills. I enjoyed interacting with the variety of customers.
Lovely people and enjoyable work.
I worked at Boots for approximately 5 weeks. At that time we were briefly taught how to conduct our deliveries. Due to the Covid 19 we were not able to get further in-depth training, however, I feel we would have had further training had we become permanent.

We had routes pre-planned and given vans to distribute critical drugs, prescribed medication to vulnerable people. Care homes, doctor surgeries, and the public domain.

We collected from various Boots pharmacy and were delivering approximately 60 to 80 deliveries a day. This is above the norm due to the virus. I thoroughly enjoyed the work and the managers and staff. Great Company to work for.
understaffed and underappreciated
I stuck it out 8 years part time, while my children were at primary school, working with no less than 15 managers/assistant managers in that time! Management training is woeful, with target achievement valued above colleague welfare. They may pay more per hour than other retailers, but you'll have to balance that with constant under-staffing stresses and a constant turnover of staff and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the community, but beware it's all target driven, sign-ups, lock-ins and repeat custom rather what is actually best for the patient.
Overall working for boots was good but poor management
The job was good could be busy but some staff lacked respect and Poor management they seem to choose who to like and dislike.
No praise if you work hard
Review summary
Very good. Learned all different things about the dynamics of the warehouse. I gained experience carrying out a variety of duties and handing different situations.
Good job
Good place to work. Polite and hard working employees. Always can help you if you don’t know anything. Would definitely recommend this place to my friends.
bad for your mental health
i struggled working there, i was a customer assistant mostly on twilight for a year and then worked in the pharmacy. I had to tell my manager numerous times that i felt bullied and humiliated by her after start of shift meetings and this never changed, managers treat their friends one way and other staff like rubbish. was offered my position in pharmacy and then told i had to wait until after the Christmas period in October despite having be already told they were planning to move me like requested in the june and having already waited those four months. when i did move, they held me back from finishing my training by refusing to provide enough staff to cover me being able to take an training hours even just to complete the tests required.

overall my colleagues were nice, managers were not, i was made to feel guilty for being ill and even asked to come in two days before my doctors note said i would be well enough to return to work on one occasion, with the manager stressing that i would cause the whole pharmacy to run behind if i didn't come in. its and ok part time job , they pay decently and have a good discount, you need thick skin and to suck up if you want to make it working there
Not applicable
Worst place ever to work for , would not recommend to anyone. Wage is not good, no support from management. They expect one person to do 10 people’s job.
productive and fun workplace
had a great time with the team i was working with on a daily basis and even problem customers didnt darken any day too badly. overall the company is a bit faceless but so are most others
Overall a good company to work for
Friendly environment, relatively easy, sufficient training, flexible working hours, opportunities to expand skills and knowledge. Discount could be better.
Old fashioned company
Old fashioned in the way everything in the company works. They don’t look after employees. Sales targets and prescription targets are EVERYTHING. Yes it’s a business, but the over-focus is to the detriment of the rest of the business and the targets bog down everyone’s work lives, from the top down. There are constant, badly communicated, changes to processes happening. all the time, which just shows how much those aare fumbling around trying to help the business to survive. The fortnightly promotional changeover “sales plan” is excessive, a massive waste of paper and plagues all colleagues lives for something the customers hardly even take any notice of . There are job cuts happening left, right and centre, which is understandable given the current climate of retail right now, but it makes an already stretched workforce, even more stretched and I never met anyone who enjoyed their job
it was a nice place to work until a new manager took over
I had a lovely interview and got the job but unfortunatly after seven months they relocated the manager and a new manager arrived with some of his workers from his store, there was a lot of favouritism with his own staff and he used to boss me about telling me to do jobs within certain times, to serve and put stock away while he chatted in the dispensary with his staff, i felt upset and picked on so I decided to leave and gave my notice in because theres no point in complaining to management when he was the manager, it would have made it even more unbareable for me.
Helpful management who are dedicated to staff and customers in equal measure. They train you well and let you progress within the area that you are most comfortable in and let you thrive and gain relevant skills
brilliant company
excellent company to work for
passionate about healthcare and I have progressed very well into management

staff as well as customer are always put first
Love working at Boots!
From the moment I started I was made to feel welcome. Boots as a company have really great ethics and I can honestly say there is plenty of support and care for its people.
Pros
The people, great training, modern office, excellent facilities
Cons
Christmas temp job
this was only a Christmas temporary position. I found the permanent employees to be very clicky. Staff tended to keep themselves to themselves. The work was easy, stocking shelves and on the checkout.
Nasty
Horrible place, managers all immature, egotistical and rude. Bullies. Didn’t do a good job and slated customers. Staff put up with it amazingly. No team work.