Boots UK Employee Reviews

Not for the faint hearted
Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gwynedd22 April 2018
Too many targets set by management, with little or no support, to front line staff,daily workload is unachievable, staff moral is low but stress levels are high, as is staff turn over. I have worked for this company for 16 years and can honestly the last 2 years have been horrendous.
Pros
Cons
No support. Stress
Amazing Place to Work!
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire21 April 2018
The people are so friendly and the company is really good and nice to be in the pay is really good for the job you do and you get more knowledge about things you have never seen. Would recommend 100%
Pros
Really Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Do not value staff
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire20 April 2018
They do not care about the ppl who work for them. They only really want cheap staff, newly qualified pharmacists who will safe them money. They make no exceptions for drs appointments etc
Pros
Pension
Cons
Everything else
a great experience
Pharmacy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire18 April 2018
at boots I have progressed many skills. A day at work involves administrative tasks, communication with various groups of people including patients, care-givers and doctors etc. The job is very high pressure and challenging at times. it is often poorly managed and understaffed. I enjoy providing care to others and the job enables me to make the most of my healthcare knowledge and skills.
Pros
discount
Cons
stressful
Good pay and nice people not the best management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire18 April 2018
The team is nice but customers can be awful and the management and security isn’t the best, the pay is good though. And overall it isn’t a bad experience
Pros
Discount, pay, make friends
Cons
Management, customers
work experience at boots
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Darlington16 April 2018
It was wonderful working for boots,learned a lot of my communication skills from other staff members, helped customers, provide good customer service.
Pros
got time for lunch
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kilburn, Greater London16 April 2018
Working for Boots is good, every day at work you learn something new and meet great customers/patients. The culture at Boots is work hard and your life is much more stress free. The hardest part of work is when you fall behind your always playing catch up. The best part of work is having a great team and working hard for one another.
Pros
Good place to work your way up
Cons
Long hours and not enough staff
Not a bad place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2018
This was my first job out of school and i had an enjoyable time at Boots. A large majority of the staff were very friendly people. Would recommend as a first job.
Productive and fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 April 2018
I worked in boots and I loved working there , I had to help customers , sort out the stockings and keep the shelves clean and tidy , I also worked in the warehouse where I did some cleaning and organising perfumes . What I loved the most about working there was helping out customers and working in the West’s house .
Pros
Long lunches and break
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London14 April 2018
Working at Boots was a very good experience as I was able to gain customer experience, help staff members out with the stocking, promotional work and reduce problems for the customers to worry about.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Career development
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 April 2018
I joined the company as a sales assistant, and within 5 years I became a store manger. It is definitely a company where you can turn a job into a career.

Management are very supportive and encouragement of personal developments.
Fun enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford12 April 2018
I enjoyed working here it was amlot of fun and enjoyed the people there and got on with everyone and had a real good time there and would like to go back there one day
Pros
Free lunches
Hardwork but rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wales10 April 2018
Hardwork and sometimes senior management expect miracles but with a great team around you, you can pull through and deliver.

long hours, always work more than contracted hours with no thanks
Friendly and Team work driven environment
Stock worker (Former Employee) –  Aldershot9 April 2018
An amazing team and friendly aswell the perfect place to work if you enjoy a proper team structure and getting things done together. Usual working tasks for retail stock rotation, D listing, administration a bit of everything really.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Busy work place
member of the genral commitee of club
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent9 April 2018
tipical day/evening would be opening up club/bar. serving soft/ alcahol drinks and snacks ,to customers, ensure club area is leanduring shift, clearing tables of glasses and wiped down. cellar work, changing empty for full barrels,keeping cellar is tidy. taking cash/ card payments,totaling up at start and end of shift.ensuring bar area is clean and tidy during and end of shift. end of night ensuring club is locked and secure.
Pros
knowi that what i do is for the future of club by saving on any wage bill
enjoyable
CHRISTMAS TEMP (CUSTOMER ASSISTANT) (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill9 April 2018
enjoyed working here over the Christmas period, friendly staff and colleagues, would definitely return to work here in the future if the offer was given
Boots
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth8 April 2018
Boots is a great place to work if you want to get the general sales/ retail experience. On my first day, I didn't get in-depth training, I was thrown in the deep end, but I was a quick learner and learnt a lot of skills and such, that would definintely be useful for other jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Productive workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London8 April 2018
This is the first place that I ever worked and they were so caring and made me feel at home. They made me realise that working in a shop and talking to customers is what I want to do as a career
Pros
Free lunches
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  london7 April 2018
long hours, busy place, teamwork, productive, stacking shelves, helped me boost my confidence, keep in check of hygiene, learnt to be patient and be professional
Pros
gained exprience
overall good
Optical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kent5 April 2018
love working here, the people are lovely and they keep me busy, boots looks after their staff, I just want to relocate.
I help manage the clinics and do a lot of management base jobs including rotas and audits.
I feel a more challenging job would benefit me now.
Pros
staff discount card
Cons
not alot of money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.