Boots UK Employee Reviews

Fun and easy
Boots Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2018
As a previous work experience i had with boots uk, i can say that the job though me a lot, I learnt so many things, for example how to talk to customers and how to help them, how to work with people, and how to ask for help when needed. Initially I had to work on timing, because they need the work to be done fast. But as for that all was perfect.
Pros
Duration of lunch
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinner, Greater London17 June 2018
A typical day at work would start by taking on a task, eg. restocking up shelves or tydying up the store. Once i've completed a set task, I would ask my manager for more. I've learnt the policies of the company and how to handle a customer and what a good cutomer service looks like. The managment was very helpful and has tought me a lot of useful tricks on how to perform my task better. During my time on work experience, I found out that you need to show your greatest respect and understanding towards others. The hardest part of the job was putting the products in the right spaces as in my first day I was not aware of the placement of products but each day I learnt more and more, as I am a quick learner. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers.
Productive and fun work placement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent17 June 2018
It was the most amusing work placement that I had ever been to !
The staff were amazing , they were so nice to me and treated me as if I was also a member of staff . I was working in the Christmas section and it was so fun and I would love to do it again .
Pros
Free lunches, nice Staff
fabulous
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okehampton16 June 2018
Boots was a great place to work and I was genuinely sad to leave.
the job role was varied from stock control to shelf filling, selling goods giving healthcare advise and being part of a team
constant change of managers and pharmacists was really the only downside to working for Boots
Pros
hours and free uniform
Cons
constant change of pharmacist
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton15 June 2018
worked only on temporary basis and loved the environment gained good knowledge of customer service and retail industry. Christmas in Boots was fun will be happy if I get a chance again to work here.
Flexible and Good pay
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone14 June 2018
The pay is extremely good, especially for younger employees as Boots pays equally across age groups. Also very flexible with hours and contract types.
Fun working place
Boots Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London West, Greater London14 June 2018
Boots was my first work experience, I really did enjoy working there , the other workers were really nice and helpful. The eppxperience was very helpfully.
Pros
1hr break
Cons
To quite
Friendly workplace
Pharmacy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford13 June 2018
Friendly workplace but more staff needed sometimes due to very busy store and customers are wanting their prescriptions done effciently and could get impatient if they have to wait too long.
fab place to work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester13 June 2018
I loved working for boots everyone was so lovely and welcoming.

its a pity they only wanted a temporary person for the Christmas period because I would of still been there if not.
Stressful and a lot of pressure.
Trainee Pharmacy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eaton, Norwich13 June 2018
I found the store wasn't a comfortable environment to work in. Typically you'd be dealing with a higher amount of customers than the staffing level can accommodate for and the prescriptions are always late and majority were not started on time (if they make it back to the store). The hardest part of the job is being able to step away and have a life outside of your job. Many colleagues left due to increased amounts of unnecessary pressure and stress that an average employee shouldn't have to be even facing as those particular problems should be dealt with by the management.
Pros
Pays extremely well
Cons
Long hours, Expected to work more than contracted, Limits your life outside of work
Massively understaffed
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Hampshire13 June 2018
I worked in the pharmacy within Boots. Understaffed to the point that it was dangerous. Mistakes frequently made with medicine due to not having enough colleagues to do the job properly and everything being rushed. Expected to stay on at least 15 minutes every single day without being paid to lock up the store. Tills are ancient and do not work properly. Terrible management with a bullying culture. Staff discount good and pay not horrendous but would not recommend long term.
Pros
Pharmacy dispenser training, discount, nice colleagues
Cons
Understaffed, awful management
Productive and unstressful
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire12 June 2018
Easy place to work with decent work benefits and good hourly pay.
Little to no room to work extra hours.
Management consistently unorganised and unreliable. Have gone without payment for extra duty worked and must force management to record hours. Poor communication with staff.
Pros
Decent wage and holiday
Cons
Unorganised
awful company to work for
Care Homes Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 June 2018
awful company to work for i worked in pharmacy where it was under staffed. i was a manager and complained about staffing issues and no one cared really disappointing company to work for the wages were rubbish with no pay rises. i was a manager but paying some of my staff below me more money than i earned it was an absolute joke don your self a favour and work somewhere else.
Pros
leaving this job
Cons
everything
Fair Pay
Health Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon12 June 2018
Since I started working for Boots as a temporary Customer assistant, I have been able to advance to a Healthcare advisor. They are very good in helping you to do this.

The management team are very good.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to help someone. We can deal with problem customers on a daily basis.

The people I work with are all very nice and enjoyable to work alongside.
Management are negative and demotivating
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland11 June 2018
Nothing is ever good enough. Very target driven environment which I have always found motivating but working for Boots drained my enthusiasm. Even when targets kpi ‘s were achieved no encouragement or praise was given.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Loss of all enthusiasm for job
Brilliant training opportunities and friendly atmosphere.
pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 June 2018
Mostly Busy stores, with a range of services provided in store. Can be understaffed at times. Provide opportunities to develop and train for services. Great colleges and friends with friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Great Training opportunities
Cons
Late Shifts
fun
Christmas Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands10 June 2018
Was my firs ever job, and was made to feel welcome from the start.

Good structured training, so you never felt like you didn't know what you was doing.
Diverse and opportunities to progress.
Pharmacy advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset9 June 2018
I very much enjoyed starting as a Christmas temp and was not intent on staying long. After the contractual period terminated i was identified and put forward as a candidate for a pharmacy advisory role for which i would be trained. I was given the opportunity to work towards a managerial role thereafter, which i was told could arise within the next two years. I was trained by Boots to a high standard within the pharmacy and had outstanding colleagues to learn from. However, as i did not see my professional career continuing down this path i decided to leave. Despite this, the opportunities are there for those who work hard and want to succeed. Although, for those who do not hold university education or the work experience may be someone less progressive and require far greater efforts to stand out.
Pros
Professionally trained staff, good hours
Cons
Pay is not enough within the pharmacy roles. Both for pharmacists
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
I learned many skills such as stock control, working on the tills and stacking shelves. boots is a very good job tiring but worth it. my favourite was working on tills.
Pros
fun
Active
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Boots is my first retail company. Only part time but fantastic atmosphere. Met lovely people along my journey.

Definite career progression if putting in the work.
Pros
Time goes by very quick
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.