Boots UK Employee Reviews

Good pay and nice people not the best management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire18 April 2018
The team is nice but customers can be awful and the management and security isn’t the best, the pay is good though. And overall it isn’t a bad experience
Pros
Discount, pay, make friends
Cons
Management, customers
work experience at boots
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Darlington16 April 2018
It was wonderful working for boots,learned a lot of my communication skills from other staff members, helped customers, provide good customer service.
Pros
got time for lunch
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kilburn, Greater London16 April 2018
Working for Boots is good, every day at work you learn something new and meet great customers/patients. The culture at Boots is work hard and your life is much more stress free. The hardest part of work is when you fall behind your always playing catch up. The best part of work is having a great team and working hard for one another.
Pros
Good place to work your way up
Cons
Long hours and not enough staff
Not a bad place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2018
This was my first job out of school and i had an enjoyable time at Boots. A large majority of the staff were very friendly people. Would recommend as a first job.
Productive and fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 April 2018
I worked in boots and I loved working there , I had to help customers , sort out the stockings and keep the shelves clean and tidy , I also worked in the warehouse where I did some cleaning and organising perfumes . What I loved the most about working there was helping out customers and working in the West’s house .
Pros
Long lunches and break
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London14 April 2018
Working at Boots was a very good experience as I was able to gain customer experience, help staff members out with the stocking, promotional work and reduce problems for the customers to worry about.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Career development
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 April 2018
I joined the company as a sales assistant, and within 5 years I became a store manger. It is definitely a company where you can turn a job into a career.

Management are very supportive and encouragement of personal developments.
Fun enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford12 April 2018
I enjoyed working here it was amlot of fun and enjoyed the people there and got on with everyone and had a real good time there and would like to go back there one day
Pros
Free lunches
Hardwork but rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wales10 April 2018
Hardwork and sometimes senior management expect miracles but with a great team around you, you can pull through and deliver.

long hours, always work more than contracted hours with no thanks
Friendly and Team work driven environment
Stock worker (Former Employee) –  Aldershot9 April 2018
An amazing team and friendly aswell the perfect place to work if you enjoy a proper team structure and getting things done together. Usual working tasks for retail stock rotation, D listing, administration a bit of everything really.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Busy work place
member of the genral commitee of club
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent9 April 2018
tipical day/evening would be opening up club/bar. serving soft/ alcahol drinks and snacks ,to customers, ensure club area is leanduring shift, clearing tables of glasses and wiped down. cellar work, changing empty for full barrels,keeping cellar is tidy. taking cash/ card payments,totaling up at start and end of shift.ensuring bar area is clean and tidy during and end of shift. end of night ensuring club is locked and secure.
Pros
knowi that what i do is for the future of club by saving on any wage bill
enjoyable
CHRISTMAS TEMP (CUSTOMER ASSISTANT) (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill9 April 2018
enjoyed working here over the Christmas period, friendly staff and colleagues, would definitely return to work here in the future if the offer was given
Boots
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth8 April 2018
Boots is a great place to work if you want to get the general sales/ retail experience. On my first day, I didn't get in-depth training, I was thrown in the deep end, but I was a quick learner and learnt a lot of skills and such, that would definintely be useful for other jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Productive workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London8 April 2018
This is the first place that I ever worked and they were so caring and made me feel at home. They made me realise that working in a shop and talking to customers is what I want to do as a career
Pros
Free lunches
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  london7 April 2018
long hours, busy place, teamwork, productive, stacking shelves, helped me boost my confidence, keep in check of hygiene, learnt to be patient and be professional
Pros
gained exprience
overall good
Optical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kent5 April 2018
love working here, the people are lovely and they keep me busy, boots looks after their staff, I just want to relocate.
I help manage the clinics and do a lot of management base jobs including rotas and audits.
I feel a more challenging job would benefit me now.
Pros
staff discount card
Cons
not alot of money
Awful.
Pharmacy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff5 April 2018
You get no help what so ever, at the interview stage you are promised so many things but when it comes down to working there you get no training and are expected to do so many tasks at once... The management is awful and ACT’s speak down to people so much. Very unprofessional environment to work in and if you’re not one of the favourites then good luck to you.
Pros
An hour for lunch, when working a Saturday you get a day off in the week.
Cons
Management, work load, no training.
A well-managed learning experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby4 April 2018
Working at Boots as a temporary sales assistant was so much fun. My responsibilities included: using a till and card machine, doing refunds, helping other staff members to restock shelves, helping customers to find the product they required, to advertise special offers and to close down the store at the end of the day. Whilst this job was extremely busy over the Christmas period, I really enjoyed pushing myself in such a challenging environment. Working for such a highly reputable company enabled me to understand the value of good customer service and team-work.
Pros
Over time available
Cons
Shifts not long enough
Worst Job ever
PDC Driver (Former Employee) –  Sussex3 April 2018
started at boots 2 years ago worst company for pay an wasnt payed right for the 2 years i worked there you never get a lunch as your route all ways runs over as timings on handheld never gave you enough time to get to places like 1min to do a delivery to OAPS we all know how long old people take to get to there doors plus your last drop is suppose to be before 5pm most days its 530-6pm if your lucky plus you never get paid past these times to sum it up there is no work life balance plus they dont care if your sick or hurt yourself at work the manangement you can never get hold of after 3pm as they are on there way home they might stick you on a 22 hour contract which will rise to 28 with the 2 oncalls you have to do each week so if your oncall you have to stay in doors untill 1pm waiting for a call which you dont get paid for unless you get called in
Pros
the customers an driving
Cons
hours pay management an health an safety
Boots the Chemist - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton3 April 2018
This was a good place to work, hard working staff, when the right management was in they also did a good job. Hours are good and so was the pay. No complaints really.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.