Boots UK Employee Reviews

Found 2,673 reviews matching the search See all 2,834 reviews
Avoid if you don’t want to waste your time
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire13 December 2018
Was employed as a “Christmas temp” and was treated with no respect whatsoever.The managers do not care about any temp people and do not give people proper training.the manager treats people like rubbish and doesn’t do anything herself. Very poor store with no happy employees as it’s such a bad environment to work in! Never again.
Dire
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midlands13 December 2018
You will be left to struggle with minimal staff whilst your manager spends the entire shift stuffing copious amounts of food and energy drinks in the office.
Prepare also to be bombarded with tales of woe of the many men they are dating ( only one being the husband).
No training as the shop floor is too far from the Office to waddle...
Worst of all your personal data will be accessed from the Pharmacy Logs and broadcast to other Staff members - nice and thoroughly illegal!
Pros
You get paid.
Cons
Lazy, lazy Management.
Reach truck
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire13 December 2018
I have to say the training is great but no certificate after poor. But you do have the chance to get experience. Managers are for me good go out off there way to help (big thanks). People are easy to get on with (got to watch what you say as there always a back stabber or two). Thank you to boots 1q
Pros
Car parking
Practical and efficient
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 December 2018
The work place is exciting and fun the staff I worked with were really good at being positive and getting the job done. I believe that store is great I spent a lot of time replenishing stock and assisting customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes slow paced
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sidmouth, Devon13 December 2018
Good place to work can progress to further training,. A safe job with bonuses and 5 weeks holiday a year. Staff discount 22.5% boots products 12.5%rest of goods
Retail and Sales (Former Employee) –  London, Middlesex, UK12 December 2018
Working at boots allowed me to gain confidence in meeting new customers and working as a team with fellow co workers. I was faced with a variety of tasks which were out of my comfort zone but i was able to overcome them through working at Boots.
Great place to work and good opportunity to progress.
N0 7 Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff11 December 2018
Boots is an inspirational place to work with good work ethics and workplace culture.
Management are always at hand and very helpful when it comes any situations or problems to do with work. We always work as a team and support each other at work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction, when they walk away with a smile on their face, I know I have done my job to the best standards possible.
Pros
Always a chance to learn more with Boots
Very friendly and welcoming.
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire11 December 2018
For me a typical day was stacking the shelves,emptying boxes and helping customers. I was only here for a short amount of time so I didn't really learn a lot whilst I was here.
Tedious and soul destroying
Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Nottingham9 December 2018
They really knew how to made me feel worthless and unappreciated at Boots.
But basically it was nearby and I had no other work so had no choice,
Was very repetitive and not very happy place to be. Not going to lie was hard getting up at 4:30am to work there.
Twrrible experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 December 2018
I worked as a Christmas customer assistant in the Central Milton Keynes store. It has to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I did not receive a propper interview and was handed the job on the spot so nothing regarding the role was actually explained to me nor was I given the chance to ask any questions and any time I did they were never actually answered. The manager was meant to be working along side me on my first day to show me how to do the role but disappeared after 5 minutes and left me on my own on the shop floor with no idea what I was doing. The management in general are terrible and really rude. I was left waiting around for a lunch break and was only allowed to take one break through the 7.5 hour day I worked. The staff in the management office are also extremly rude. I don't recommend working for boots at least not at this store.
Pros
Location of the role, pay rate
Cons
Rude managment and staff, lack of information regarding role, poor training.
Productive and Fun Environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, UK9 December 2018
I learnt how to deal with customer queries as well as complete tasks in order of importance and who to contact if I needed help. A typical day at work would start of by filling up the shelves just a few hours after the stores open and a few hours before it starts to get buy. I learnt how to handle stock and fill it up efficiently.
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  KIRKBY IN ASHFIELD, UK30 November 2018
The company has many opportunities for progression and values patient safety. They change in line with the economy and needs of their customers and patients.
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands26 November 2018
Horrendous assistant managers who don’t talk to you, No training given, poor induction of 1hr 50 by a checkout assistant. No lockers ... other staff are rude and ignorant especially No7 and Clarine staff. you are spoken to like something on your show by assistant managers. Awful ..... would not recommend
Cons
Poor management
Antagonising
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Tower Hamlets25 November 2018
- Developed customer service skills
- Challenging customers helps develop tolercance
- Satisfactory experience with collegues
- Medicine is not my top interest, however sales is interesting
Productive and Enthusiastic Environment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen24 November 2018
I loved the time which i worked at Boots. Engaging directly within the work force as well as with customers, this experience was invaluable in my learning of new organisational and customer service techniques in a large store.

Although my time within the store was short due to personal reasons, under different circumstances i know i would happily enjoy my future work life within the Boots family.
Pros
Well paid, good atmosphere and colleague attitude.
Cons
Unsociable Hours.
productive workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Ilford23 November 2018
very organised and very well managed. i learned how to deal with costumers.The hardest part of the job was to make sure everything on the shelf's was in tact and well presented.
Degrading
Optical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk21 November 2018
Management dont do anything to help you. They make you feel stupid if you dont grasp training immediately. They dont support mental health at all and makes you feel like youre not good enough and degraded. Not to mention men progress quicker than the ladies due to sexism.
The training is good and i loved the job however i dont appreciate being treated like the above for being human.
Pros
Experience, training
Cons
Sexism, no support
Retail
Customer Advisor No7 (Former Employee) –  Whitley, Hampshire21 November 2018
Being the fore front of boots No7.
Marketing, promotions and applying make to customers, securing sales, also general working across the store if No7 stand wasn't busy.
Productive and hard working place to work.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham19 November 2018
Always keeps you busy through dealing with customer enquiries and store operations. Management was good at leading you through daily tasks. Always developed great friendships working there.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 November 2018
Boots was a very good experience for me and i personally enjoyed spending my time there.
Cashier, Stocking
Greeting customers in a welcome manner
Maintaining shop floor clean and organized
Pros
Close to me, more experience
Cons
less staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.