Boots UK Employee Reviews

worst company ever!
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  which19 October 2018
Without a doubt i do not know what has happened to Boots as a company now? The worst company now to work for, I have been a manager there for 16 years and now I am finally jumping ship to start my own company!

Do not start your career at Boots or even join them, no matter what stage of your career you are at!!
Good safe organisation for anybody just starting work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham18 October 2018
Safe secure job, fun environment. Leadership and management micro-manage too much; Very political culture; Nepotism exists when looking to advance. Salary is fair to good - not poor- but definitely not fantastic. Work-Life balance can be poor
An excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Essex18 October 2018
A really nice place to work, people actually appreciate your work,
When I was offered a permanent post with Boots as well as a offer to work in the Civil Service. I wish I had stayed.....

I still go to Boots as a customer, it isn't the same as it was when I worked there. I still expect the same standard of service as I did back then. Surprisingly, I still get it! It is nice to see that staff have changed but the service remains the same.

I am planning to put my CV in, lets see what happens …...
Pros
Excellent friendly staff
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire18 October 2018
I really enjoyed working with customers and advising them for products and services that boots provided as well as the knowledge I had I shared. the workers were very respectful and were ready to help at any time
usual day
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham18 October 2018
Start the day making sure sales floor is clean and full, stock up where needed. spend most of day serving customers and in quieter times fill shelves where needed. Finish the day as it started by checking the shop floor is tidy. Best part talking to and serving customers, being part of a lively team. It was sometimes hard when the store is quiet as time goes by so slowly.
Pros
Staff discount
Great working environment
Fragrance consultant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe18 October 2018
Would work within the fragrance team again, the team environment and working standards were very fair and the hours were very flexible. Would highly recommend
Pros
Knowledge of Perfume
Cons
Needed additional staff at xmas
Massive potential
Programme Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham18 October 2018
A great company to work for and the work life balance really adds to the positives of employment here.
The reality of the working environment in IT is however the proverbial ducks legs scenario. Whilst most IT projects or Programmes of work start off with all good intentions, they usually end up with some sort of special measure or senior mgmt involvement, schedule slippage and budgetary constraints.
The potential for adopting a new methodology to internal development is immense and the ambition of the people is second to none, but the senior strategic direction for IT is lost and the technology is behind. There is far too many people doing the job of a few and the costs could be cut by merely implementing and upskilling employees in better working practices and technology.
Pros
On site canteen, nice working environment
Cons
Finger of blame culture
op]
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Street17 October 2018
I am a hardworking, patient and a highly motivated individual that enjoys working with people and I will go the extra mile to ensure they are satisfied by the service I provide. In my work experience I worked in Boots and gained valuable experience and learnt how to provide excellent customer service. I am currently studying a Level 1 diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance at Kingston College and am available for part time work I have a positive can-do work ethic and make light of difficult situations I have a willingness to learn and adapt to any work role.
Avoid!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 October 2018
As a delivery driver you are required to work ridiculous hours and meet near impossible times for deliveries making you late, usually running an hour plus into your time which you never seem to get paid for. The routes are never just local, you are sent all over the place and expected to meet deadlines, but to do this involves aggressive driving and speeding picking up penalties on the way which they don't care about. Management are clueless and just sit in the office stuffing their faces with discount sandwiches and fizzy drink and crisps all day. Poor communication. Expected to work all bank holidays etc. Poor pay for workload expected. Vans are often to small for amount of crates delivered to care homes! Stressful! Avoid unless very desperate!
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Clocking in
Good place for students
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 October 2018
My branch allowed me to work during Christmas and Easter breaks while I was at university. Allowed me to stay focused at uni while making some money when I had some more time.
Different
Boots Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon15 October 2018
Working in Boots was a new experience for me, I liked it, but there was a few things that I didn't enjoy. There wasn't much to do at boots, most of the time I was standing around doing nothing. What I did like was that my Co-workers and Manager was really nice to me and helped me when I needed help.
Pros
Co-Workers helped me
Cons
Boring
Productive and fun workplace
Trainee Optical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wood Green14 October 2018
Good opportunities for growth and progression. Professional, clean and nice environment to work in , good company ethos and customer service. Hardest part of job it can be fast paced at times and learning needs to be done at a fast pace too.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
i have been there for 2 weeks for work experience and it was the best work experience even though i had to wake up early sometimes the employees there were ver nice people, also my manager larry was very helpful and easy on me.
Easy going and productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London13 October 2018
A typical day for me was to come in at 9 am and begin repleneshing stock which normally lasted until lunch time. After that I may be in the stock room organising stock. I may also be rearranging the stock on the shop floor by expiry date. The main thing I did was tend to customers and direct them to the products they need or reccomend them products. The most enjoyable part would probably be talking to the customers.
Productive and independent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Isle of Man13 October 2018
I worked here for a short period of time. All the staff and customers were great, however, I didn't have much contact with management and the work environment is very independent
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenford13 October 2018
it was a calm environment to work I learnt how to deal with customers requirements and the managements was really good the hardest part of the job was stocking the products in their right places the most enjoyable part was helping customers
Pros
long lunch
Cons
very busy
Demanding but Fun.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend12 October 2018
I only did a 5 Day placement here, but the work was fun and made the day go by quite quickly.
The lunch break was a little short but overall well timed.
senior staff were friendly and the overall atmosphere was light.
my review
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham12 October 2018
Well it was my first job since I live in the Uk
It is a very good job to start with but not for a long term.
It was tireding every day standing and not even talking to people
Great Colleagues terrible management
3 month's Temporary (Former Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London12 October 2018
boots was a great company to work for in terms of pay and colleagues as a student. But the management was terrible with no repercussions to them when they carry out illegal/morally wrong activities such as telling homeless individuals to go pick up something from another branch for us in return for food/drink.

The only outcome from the complaint i made against the management was a sorry from the senior management/Area manager.
Pros
good pay as a student
Cons
Worst place I've ever worked!
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands11 October 2018
Although the pay of £8.23 an hour was good, management weren't. I was frequently shouted out and on the receiving end of the managements mood swings. Was forced to work on NO7 with no training at all and had to do a customers make up. In the Boots branch I worked at there were clear signs of ageism, with most young employees being forced out by the manager. Once I had handed in my notice and left I was given 2 hours paid holiday after working there for over a year and not taking a single day as holiday. Can't speak for other branches of Boots but avoid Bullring Boots Birmingham City Centre!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.