Booksy

Booksy Management reviews

Featured review
Booksy selected this as a representative review
Exciting business to work for
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 September 2019
This is the first ever start up company I have worked for. It's great to work somewhere where you have a voice - opinions, ideas, inventions, thoughts are all taken into consideration with the company culture itself & Booksy as a product.

Working for a start up of course has its pro's and con's. The company learns as it grows, whether this be through successes or mistakes.

There are a lot of passionate managers and staff at Booksy & it's eyeopening to work with so many people that genuinely care about it's future.

Being in Field Sales means I work remotely, 210 miles from the office however I feel so part of the team. Our Friday team web catch ups, co-working office spaces, team Whatsapp groups, monthly & quarterly activities, team competitions & general communication mean I never feel isolated.
Pros
Culture, fast paced, rapid growth
Cons
Target driven environment
Exciting business to be apart of!
Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 January 2020
I joined Booksy in September 2019 and I love it! The culture of the company is fantastic, everyone works as a team. I am field based and live miles away from the office but always feel part of the whole booksy team!

From a sales point of view, hard work pays off! When you put the hard work in, you will be rewarded! Great commission is there to be earnt!

The management team have always been really supportive of me and any ideas I have had have been taken on board.

Booksy is only going to grow and get bigger and bigger and its very exciting being part of a company like that as the limits and individual opportunities are endless.
Awe-inspiring
Junior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne29 November 2019
The people who work at Booksy can be described by numerous words but my favourite is inspirational. They're like a huge family that can make even the most growly kind of person come out of their shell. There isn't a 'hierarchal' feel, no one is better than anyone else, they're all treated equally. They're diverse and open. It's a fantastic and (I'm going to say it because I'm a bit of a geek) 'futuristic' environment.

The work is challenging but it's constant and thrilling; the companies aims are transparent- so you know what you are working towards and you know you are making a big difference. The work I've added has all been taken on board and I always leave the working day feeling like I've accomplished something.

I've worked here for 2 months and am so excited about what the company is always about to achieve. If there is something in my workflow that I think needs changing or tweaking or even overhauling, they will take my opinion into account and we talk about it openly and make amendments if need be. Management is exceptional because you know where you stand and they help you grow as a person. I've just started doing computing and IT as a degree in my own time, but my manager is so promotive of it.

The business is growing bigger and bigger every day and it's so fantastic to be a part of that.
Exciting, Fair & Refreshing
Customer Success (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex14 October 2019
Booksy's product and business model has allowed it to grow massively with no signs of slowing down. Being in a growing company is refreshing, with new opportunities and things to learn all the time. It's very busy and there is a lot still to do as the company grows, the people in the office are lovely and the management team seems like it really cares about people.

Not sure what some of the comments about overtime and unreachable KPIs are about, there's a real feeling that when you're at work you're working, when you're at home it's time for rest and rejuvenation. I've also personally witnessed management going above and beyond for employees and there's a real feeling that the management team values their team.

The environment is fairly relaxed compared to some working environments and it's nice working with a product that really seems to change the lives of those that use it for the better. Sometimes the "startup/ scale up" mindset can be hard to adjust to for some people. I find the days fly by at Booksy and the people are really enjoyable to work with on a daily basis.
Thoroughly Enjoying my Booksy Journey
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex16 September 2019
I have been with Booksy for three months now and I am very happy. We have a great team and we are growing quickly. We work hard and play hard. It can be a fast paced environment, but you are rewarded for hard work. I have never worked for a company that has so many perks and such a good social aspect. The management are supportive, fair and consistent and there are plenty of options for job progression.
Great fun to part of something growing so fast
Customer Success (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex28 August 2019
Having worked for lots of startups before it's been fun to work for a company on the next stage of the journey. Is it perfect? No. Is it a bit rough around the edges? Yes...but that's part of its charm.

The management are clearly passionate about making a difference and voices are genuinely listened to (both the customers and staff). Anyone can raise their voice and make a difference in the global business.

You have to be very self motivated as the work isn't man-managed. So if you are someone that needs to be told what to do all the time, then this wouldn't be the right company for you. But for those that can handle this freedom, it's worth the reward. Add to that free food, prosecco on Fridays and days out on the company and it's a fun place to feel valued.
Fun and fast growing.
Sales (Current Employee) –  UK12 August 2019
Definitely a fun environment. Can't remember laughing as much in any other job and great to feel a part of building something new. Not without its challenges as they are growing so fast but if you have the right attitude then it is a really fantastic environment. Management committed to staff wellbeing. Supportive culture, regular feedback and training. Good money if you work hard. Nice perks like monthly socials regular office drinks and fresh fruit.
Pros
Fast growing. Exciting.
Cons
Target driven.
Poor.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne20 July 2019
Management team is exceptionally poor, high turnover of staff.

Very little support, sink or swim attitude. I spent 19 months there, things all changed before I left and the company went "corporate".
Official response from Booksy
16 October 2019

Booksy Management team pride themselves on open-communication, support and giving the team the tools necessary to grow and excel in an international, growing SaaS (enabled marketplace company. I am sorry to hear that you felt the management was not up to your standards and I hope during your 19 months with us, you brought this up with senior management in a constructive way for their attention. As we have grown massively in a short period of time, the pressure is always on but our team is always dedicated to the cause and always communicate any problems they may be having. Our support has not changed since day one. While we do expect a lot from our team, as we do from ourselves, we give a lot back and as per our values, we love what we do. I wish you all the very best in the future.

Quickly gone downhill
Customer Success Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne5 July 2019
Was a great environment when I joined, good salary, high expectations but reasonable and all help was provided if needed to meet your KPIs. After new management joined quickly went downhill and soon there was no advancement opportunities, KPIs were unreachable, staff were expected to work overtime and workloads tripled. Soon staff were being fired all over the place, no job security and no staff make it past 2 years with the company.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
Overtime is expected and management don't care about staff
Official response from Booksy
16 October 2019

Thank you for your review, although I am glad you were happy at Booksy to start with, I am saddened to hear that you became unhappy with the new management. There are several advancement opportunities within the company as we are doubling the size of our workforce by next year, this would give ample opportunity for the right member of the team to progress. We most certainly do not dismiss people from the company unless we deem it absolutely necessary. We have a structure that we follow strictly to give employees the chance to improve on any issues/ drawbacks they may be having. Besides – we invest in people by training, supporting and guiding people to be the best they can, therefore it would be counterproductive to fire employees without a truly good reason. KPIs can sometimes feel unreachable, but the company has targets and management are there to support if people are struggling. I wish you all the very best in the future.