Booksy
Coronavirus update

Booksy Employee Reviews for Customer Success Manager

Customer Success Manager7 reviews
United Kingdom7 reviews
Booksy has giving me the chance to flourish and show my professional and personal attributes. The best thing i have learnt about myself is taking ownership of my workload will result in positive views and more importantly respect.
When I joined the team, the UK team was very small. As time passed and the company grew it became more and more clear that management couldn't care less about us or even the company itself, only themselves. From being called an "Overhead" by the sales manager, who has countless HR complaints against them, to being called a liar by the country manager directly to your face when trying to raise your concerns with them. On top of that, god forbid trying to improve any broken processes as you will be disciplined while at the same time have your work taken by your manager to make themselves look better to their superiors. Avoid like the plague if you can.
Pros
There are genuinely lovely people trying to do their best.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from staff, little to no support once you're in the role, constant lies from management about opportunities and training.
Official response from Booksy
21 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you feel there were issues during your employment with us.Booksy takes its staff wellbeing and job satisfaction very seriously as per our company value of “people first”.The company has grown rapidly since it was founded and we have reached extraordinary milestones with the help of our amazing team. Our management team is incredibly dedicated to ensuring that our employees have ongoing support and access to various channels including HR if they feel the need to address any concerns. As a part of a wider global company, we are constantly improving our processes and we value any input from staff members, we even actively seek our staff's opinions through using various platforms. Praise is given out regularly and fairly and we pride ourselves in having a rewarding culture which includes global recognition and team achievements which are celebrated frequently. As we continue to grow, we are always providing regular training and advising employees of new opportunities for progression within the company. Please feel free to get in touch if you wish to discuss any of these points further.We wish you the best of luck for your future endeavours.
Booksy's product and business model has allowed it to grow massively with no signs of slowing down. Being in a growing company is refreshing, with new opportunities and things to learn all the time. It's very busy and there is a lot still to do as the company grows, the people in the office are lovely and the management team seems like it really cares about people. Not sure what some of the comments about overtime and unreachable KPIs are about, there's a real feeling that when you're at work you're working, when you're at home it's time for rest and rejuvenation. I've also personally witnessed management going above and beyond for employees and there's a real feeling that the management team values their team. The environment is fairly relaxed compared to some working environments and it's nice working with a product that really seems to change the lives of those that use it for the better. Sometimes the "startup/ scale up" mindset can be hard to adjust to for some people. I find the days fly by at Booksy and the people are really enjoyable to work with on a daily basis.
Working at Booksy has been an amazing journey. Being part of a start up/scale up has its challenges but that's all part of the fun. The culture of the office is relaxed but fast paced! A great product and a great team behind it.
I work for Booksy UK as a customer success agent. Since I joined Booksy my life has completely changed - for the better. Booksy is a great company to work for, with great colleagues and managers throughout. The workplace has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoy my job and felt that the team made a great effort to ensure I received the right amount of training and fitted in well with the team.
Having worked for lots of startups before it's been fun to work for a company on the next stage of the journey. Is it perfect? No. Is it a bit rough around the edges? Yes...but that's part of its charm. The management are clearly passionate about making a difference and voices are genuinely listened to (both the customers and staff). Anyone can raise their voice and make a difference in the global business. You have to be very self motivated as the work isn't man-managed. So if you are someone that needs to be told what to do all the time, then this wouldn't be the right company for you. But for those that can handle this freedom, it's worth the reward. Add to that free food, prosecco on Fridays and days out on the company and it's a fun place to feel valued.
Was a great environment when I joined, good salary, high expectations but reasonable and all help was provided if needed to meet your KPIs. After new management joined quickly went downhill and soon there was no advancement opportunities, KPIs were unreachable, staff were expected to work overtime and workloads tripled. Soon staff were being fired all over the place, no job security and no staff make it past 2 years with the company.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
Overtime is expected and management don't care about staff
Official response from Booksy
16 October 2019
Thank you for your review, although I am glad you were happy at Booksy to start with, I am saddened to hear that you became unhappy with the new management. There are several advancement opportunities within the company as we are doubling the size of our workforce by next year, this would give ample opportunity for the right member of the team to progress. We most certainly do not dismiss people from the company unless we deem it absolutely necessary. We have a structure that we follow strictly to give employees the chance to improve on any issues/ drawbacks they may be having. Besides – we invest in people by training, supporting and guiding people to be the best they can, therefore it would be counterproductive to fire employees without a truly good reason. KPIs can sometimes feel unreachable, but the company has targets and management are there to support if people are struggling. I wish you all the very best in the future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Booksy?