Booksy
Booksy Employee Review

Great fun to part of something growing so fast

28 August 2019
Having worked for lots of startups before it's been fun to work for a company on the next stage of the journey. Is it perfect? No. Is it a bit rough around the edges? Yes...but that's part of its charm.

The management are clearly passionate about making a difference and voices are genuinely listened to (both the customers and staff). Anyone can raise their voice and make a difference in the global business.

You have to be very self motivated as the work isn't man-managed. So if you are someone that needs to be told what to do all the time, then this wouldn't be the right company for you. But for those that can handle this freedom, it's worth the reward. Add to that free food, prosecco on Fridays and days out on the company and it's a fun place to feel valued.
10 March 2020
Same roleSame location
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) - Eastbourne, East Sussex
When I joined the team, the UK team was very small. As time passed and the company grew it became more and more clear that management couldn't care less about us or even the company itself, only themselves.

From being called an "Overhead" by the sales manager, who has countless HR complaints against them, to being called a liar by the country manager directly to your face when trying to raise your concerns with them. On top of that, god forbid trying to improve any broken processes as you will be disciplined while at the same time have your work taken by your manager to make themselves look better to their superiors.

Avoid like the plague if you can.
Pros
There are genuinely lovely people trying to do their best.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from staff, little to no support once you're in the role, constant lies from management about opportunities and training.
Official response from Booksy
21 September 2020
Thank you for your review.
We are sorry that you feel there were issues during your employment with us.

Booksy takes its staff wellbeing and job satisfaction very seriously as per our company value of “people first”.

The company has grown rapidly since it was founded and we have reached extraordinary milestones with the help of our amazing team.

Our management team is incredibly dedicated to ensuring that our employees have ongoing support and access to various channels including HR if they feel the need to address any concerns.

As a part of a wider global company, we are constantly improving our processes and we value any input from staff members, we even actively seek our staff's opinions through using various platforms.

Praise is given out regularly and fairly and we pride ourselves in having a rewarding culture which includes global recognition and team achievements which are celebrated frequently.

As we continue to grow, we are always providing regular training and advising employees of new opportunities for progression within the company.

Please feel free to get in touch if you wish to discuss any of these points further.

We wish you the best of luck for your future endeavours.
25 October 2019
Same roleSame location
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) - Eastbourne, East Sussex
Booksy has giving me the chance to flourish and show my professional and personal attributes. The best thing i have learnt about myself is taking ownership of my workload will result in positive views and more importantly respect.
18 September 2020
Same location
Customer Liaison Officer (Current Employee) - Eastbourne, East Sussex
Having joined the company as a Customer Success Onboarding Agent a few weeks ago, I am yet to experience anything to fault. Management and staff are extremely welcoming and the role is enjoyable. The work/life balance is excellent and I'd definitely recommend Booksy to anyone looking for a social, driven team.
Pros
Social life, working hours, lunch breaks, benefits