Booksy
Booksy Employee Review

Excellent first few weeks at Booksy

18 September 2020
Having joined the company as a Customer Success Onboarding Agent a few weeks ago, I am yet to experience anything to fault. Management and staff are extremely welcoming and the role is enjoyable. The work/life balance is excellent and I'd definitely recommend Booksy to anyone looking for a social, driven team.
Pros
Social life, working hours, lunch breaks, benefits
18 September 2020
Booksy onboarder (Current Employee) - Eastbourne
Booksy is a great place for anyone to work, always willing to go the extra mile for the staff.Since joining Booksy my skills in a work/social environment have changed drastically for the better. The family vibe in the job is the main aspect for me as everyone looks out for each other.
Pros
Tech knowledge
10 March 2020
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) - Eastbourne, East Sussex
When I joined the team, the UK team was very small. As time passed and the company grew it became more and more clear that management couldn't care less about us or even the company itself, only themselves. From being called an "Overhead" by the sales manager, who has countless HR complaints against them, to being called a liar by the country manager directly to your face when trying to raise your concerns with them. On top of that, god forbid trying to improve any broken processes as you will be disciplined while at the same time have your work taken by your manager to make themselves look better to their superiors. Avoid like the plague if you can.
Pros
There are genuinely lovely people trying to do their best.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from staff, little to no support once you're in the role, constant lies from management about opportunities and training.
Official response from Booksy
21 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you feel there were issues during your employment with us.Booksy takes its staff wellbeing and job satisfaction very seriously as per our company value of “people first”.The company has grown rapidly since it was founded and we have reached extraordinary milestones with the help of our amazing team. Our management team is incredibly dedicated to ensuring that our employees have ongoing support and access to various channels including HR if they feel the need to address any concerns. As a part of a wider global company, we are constantly improving our processes and we value any input from staff members, we even actively seek our staff's opinions through using various platforms. Praise is given out regularly and fairly and we pride ourselves in having a rewarding culture which includes global recognition and team achievements which are celebrated frequently. As we continue to grow, we are always providing regular training and advising employees of new opportunities for progression within the company. Please feel free to get in touch if you wish to discuss any of these points further.We wish you the best of luck for your future endeavours.
26 February 2020
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Eastbourne
Booksy was once a nice place to work for most, however they have dramatically come to a point of high turnover of staff by employing anyone who will be willing rather based on their character or skill (Normally at a higher salary than the current staff). Most staff won't stay longer that 3-6 months due to the unrealistic expectations for the wage. I didn't stay long due to unrealistic expectations of my role.
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
wage, management, equipmement
Official response from Booksy
17 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're sorry to hear that you felt the expectations of your role were unrealistic. Booksy UK has grown rapidly since it was founded, and we pride ourselves on giving our employees the chance to participate in additional projects, to develop their skills, knowledge base and demonstrate that they are team player. Whilst these additional projects are by no means obligatory, we are proud to say that the majority of our team have gone above and beyond to develop their role via this means and have received promotions thereafter, based on their participation and involvement.We’re proud to say that our staff turnover remains low, most recent hires and newest employees are either those who have joined due to the incredible growth of the company and openings of completely new roles, with those who were replacing existing roles, have now been with us over a year now, alongside our many staff that have been with us since the beginning.Our recruitment process is very fine tuned and we employ people based on many different factors, character and skill being the highest.The salary that Booksy offers along with the commission and bonus package are carefully considered dependent on the above factors, and heavily rivals all other businesses in our sector and area. However we must stress that People First remains our core value and we do not offer higher salaries to new team members than that of our existing, loyal staff members. Please do feel free to get in touch should you wish to discuss further.