Booksy
Booksy Employee Review

Awe-inspiring

29 November 2019
The people who work at Booksy can be described by numerous words but my favourite is inspirational. They're like a huge family that can make even the most growly kind of person come out of their shell. There isn't a 'hierarchal' feel, no one is better than anyone else, they're all treated equally. They're diverse and open. It's a fantastic and (I'm going to say it because I'm a bit of a geek) 'futuristic' environment. The work is challenging but it's constant and thrilling; the companies aims are transparent- so you know what you are working towards and you know you are making a big difference. The work I've added has all been taken on board and I always leave the working day feeling like I've accomplished something. I've worked here for 2 months and am so excited about what the company is always about to achieve. If there is something in my workflow that I think needs changing or tweaking or even overhauling, they will take my opinion into account and we talk about it openly and make amendments if need be. Management is exceptional because you know where you stand and they help you grow as a person. I've just started doing computing and IT as a degree in my own time, but my manager is so promotive of it. The business is growing bigger and bigger every day and it's so fantastic to be a part of that.
18 September 2020
Customer Liaison Officer (Current Employee) - Eastbourne, East Sussex
Having joined the company as a Customer Success Onboarding Agent a few weeks ago, I am yet to experience anything to fault. Management and staff are extremely welcoming and the role is enjoyable. The work/life balance is excellent and I'd definitely recommend Booksy to anyone looking for a social, driven team.
Pros
Social life, working hours, lunch breaks, benefits
18 September 2020
Booksy onboarder (Current Employee) - Eastbourne
Booksy is a great place for anyone to work, always willing to go the extra mile for the staff.Since joining Booksy my skills in a work/social environment have changed drastically for the better. The family vibe in the job is the main aspect for me as everyone looks out for each other.
Pros
Tech knowledge
10 March 2020
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) - Eastbourne, East Sussex
When I joined the team, the UK team was very small. As time passed and the company grew it became more and more clear that management couldn't care less about us or even the company itself, only themselves. From being called an "Overhead" by the sales manager, who has countless HR complaints against them, to being called a liar by the country manager directly to your face when trying to raise your concerns with them. On top of that, god forbid trying to improve any broken processes as you will be disciplined while at the same time have your work taken by your manager to make themselves look better to their superiors. Avoid like the plague if you can.
Pros
There are genuinely lovely people trying to do their best.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from staff, little to no support once you're in the role, constant lies from management about opportunities and training.
Official response from Booksy
21 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you feel there were issues during your employment with us.Booksy takes its staff wellbeing and job satisfaction very seriously as per our company value of “people first”.The company has grown rapidly since it was founded and we have reached extraordinary milestones with the help of our amazing team. Our management team is incredibly dedicated to ensuring that our employees have ongoing support and access to various channels including HR if they feel the need to address any concerns. As a part of a wider global company, we are constantly improving our processes and we value any input from staff members, we even actively seek our staff's opinions through using various platforms. Praise is given out regularly and fairly and we pride ourselves in having a rewarding culture which includes global recognition and team achievements which are celebrated frequently. As we continue to grow, we are always providing regular training and advising employees of new opportunities for progression within the company. Please feel free to get in touch if you wish to discuss any of these points further.We wish you the best of luck for your future endeavours.